JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Worth noting - Medicine & science

I studied Natural Hygiene about 30 years ago.  It involved every facet of life and how those things affected our health.  Several things affected health for good. 1) sunshine,

2) pure water, 3} fresh air, 4) normal body temperature, 5) internal cleanliness, 6) sleep, 7) proper food, 8] exercise, 9) play and recreation, 10) rest and relaxation,

11) mental poise, and 12) rewarding work were some of them. 

Quoted from Health Science: 

Natural Hygiene is a health philosophy that emphasizes the importance of natural and holistic approaches to health and wellness. It is based on the belief that the human body has an innate ability to heal itself and that this ability can be enhanced by adopting a natural and healthy lifestyle 1.

According to the National Health Association, Natural Hygiene is a system of health care that emphasizes the use of natural methods such as proper nutrition, exercise, rest, and stress reduction to promote health and prevent disease 1. It also rejects the use of drugs, medicines, vaccinations, x-rays, blood transfusions, vitamin pills, food supplements, and other treatments as being of any use in restoring the body to a state of health 2.

Dr. Herbert Shelton (1895-1985) is considered the founder of the modern-day Natural Hygiene Health Movement. He was a prolific author of over 40 books on all aspects of health, was the publisher of Dr. Shelton’s Hygienic Review, a dynamic lecturer, and the operator of the world-famous Dr. Shelton’s Health School in San Antonio, Texas

Originally, the name was Hygiene.  It was started in the 1820s. When the medical adopted SOME precepts of Hygiene, it became confusing.  To separate the medical version of hygiene from the actual science of Hygiene, the unfortunate name of "Natural Hygiene" was chosen.  Of course, saying Natural Hygiene caused some unusual responses.  Once when I mentioned Natural Hygiene to a woman, she responded with, "You mean they don't bathe?!"   You can see how saying Natural Hygiene can cause confusion.

The history of hygiene dates back to ancient times. The Greeks believed in the importance of personal hygiene and cleanliness, and the goddess Hygieia was considered the patroness of health 1. However, the modern science of hygiene began to emerge in the 19th century. In 1865, the first chair in experimental hygiene was created at Munich, which signaled the entrance of science into the field of public health .

The Natural Hygiene Movement is an offshoot of naturopathy that advocates a philosophy of ‘natural living’ that was developed in the early nineteenth century 1. According to Herbert M. Shelton, the founders of Natural Hygiene were Dr’s Isaac Jennings (calling his own system “Orthopathy”), Russell Trall, John Tilden, and Rev. Sylvester Graham However, it is said that the Natural Hygiene movement is said to have been founded during the 1830s by Sylvester Graham, inventor of the “Graham cracker”.

Dr. Herbert Shelton (1895-1985) is considered the founder of the modern-day Natural Hygiene Health Movement 4. He was a prolific author of over 40 books on all aspects of health, was the publisher of Dr. Shelton’s Hygienic Review, a dynamic lecturer, and the operator of the world-famous Dr. Shelton’s Health School in San Antonio, Texas 4.

https://www.healthscience.org/

21 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

That is 100% spot on.  Give the body enough "fuel" and it can repair & operate properly.  Also detox/avoid toxins and it will be at peak efficiency.  Do these 2 things and most (not all, but quite a bit) of ailments will disappear over time.

7 hours ago, Michał said:

Thank you! Can you please check research on grounding? You seem well versed in this area, I just looked at some articles about it and got the impression that’s it’s not really proven. If you can a deeper look and share with us, I’d appreciate it 😀

Hey Michal!

Yes it is a very complex subject to dive into, though a very fascinating one for sure!  I can tell you right now the negative reports & naysayers are because they don't understand it's a process.  They don't understand how it works.  They just see the claims that "it fixes inflammation, it fixes energy levels, it fixes sleep, etc. etc. etc." and they think as soon as they start using it, everything magically will get better.  But that's not how it works.

Lemme just explain the process as simply as I can:

image.thumb.png.6d8880521ddc62b78ed28d3d841d1009.png

image.thumb.png.58aad765f186730c8dd972fc4b3a2b2e.png

Grounding itself does not fix anything with you.  All that grounding does is gives your body raw energy so that your body can heal itself.

That's it!

How long will it take for your body to heal itself with just that addition to your life?  Probably a long time.  Some notice improvements right away with their inflammation issues.  That's a whole 'nother discussion why inflammation could be fixed so quickly.  And I'd be happy to explain if you wanna dive into that one.  But suffice it to say, adding a grounding mat to aid in your health is like this:

Imagine your health was a car traveling away from you at 80 MPH.  You are traveling at 50 MPH.  Your health is quickly leaving you behind.  What would it take to catch up?  Would you need to go 80 MPH?  No....you would need to go FASTER to catch up.  Adding a grounding mat would be like increasing your speed to 65 MPH.  Is that enough?  No....though it is possible your health car slows down for a time and you can catch up then.  But if you are advanced in age, you know your health car is moving fast!

Now what else can you do?

• Buy a water vitalizer & drink hyper-hydrogen water (add 10 MPH)
  • Go out in the sun at least 30 minutes a day (add 10 MPH)
  • Detox on a regular basis (add 15 MPH)
  • Avoid Teflon cookware, fast food, and microwave popcorn (add 5 MPH)
  • Fix leaky gut (which we all have) (add 5 MPH)
  • Use red light on your thyroid (add 5 MPH)
  • Add fresh plants in your home for oxygen (add 5 MPH)
  • Use supplements to support your systems that aren't doing so well (add 10 MPH)
  • Work on de-stressing (add 10 MPH)
  • Check for & address sleep Apnea (add 10 MPH)
  • Eating good quality food (and avoiding seed oils) and getting exercise (add 10 MPH)

Do you see how restoring your health is way more than just a grounding mat?  Sure, it will absolutely help you.  But you may not get the results you expect, and certainly not as fast as you expect...since you have a lot of catching up to do.

All that being said, I have gotten 3 friends in our congregation to buy & use a mat, and they do say they notice a difference.  Is it a big enough difference that they will continue with it?  I hope so.  :shrugs:  But if you understand the concept of trying to "catch up" with your health, then hopefully you will stick with it even if you don't notice any obvious results.

It took me 6 months to fully catch up with my health, and that was with ALL the things mentioned, and a few more that my doctor had to do.  So these things take time.  It takes time for your body to take this new extra energy and use it to replace old worn out cells.  Cells that now function better and are healthier.

image.thumb.png.2dc8b0a4cf5b8e2968c94e69479d4ba6.png

I hope this helps answer your questions about grounding mats!  Knowing about the illustration of the "health car", you can see why research would have mixed results.

Feel free to ask more questions on the topic as needed.  I've done lots of research, and this is absolutely something we should all know for how to take care of our health.  Dr. Kevin fixed both my liver & kidneys....and he didn't even target them.  Just gave me enough energy for my body to heal itself!  :thumbsup:

I try to touch the earth every single day with my bare feet. I cant always do it in winter time, but I love to set in the mornings with my feet in green moist grass, sip a cup of coffee  and read a chapter in Psalms out loud. 

Makes me feel good and thats about all the proof I need. 😅Lol

3 minutes ago, Tsheppar said:

I try to touch the earth every single day with my bare feet. I cant always do it in winter time, but I love to set in the mornings with my feet in green moist grass, sip a cup of coffee  and read a chapter in Psalms out loud. 

Makes me feel good and thats about all the proof I need. 😅Lol

And now you know it's not just all in your head.  :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...