JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Still no letters and documents. Do the developers read this? Do I need to report it?

There was a second build update to NW Scheduler, after that update last night now I can see documents.

3 updates total.

Main, build and another build.

Edited by Jmystro

2 hours ago, Jmystro said:

There was a second build update to NW Scheduler, after that update last night now I can see documents.

3 updates total.

Main, build and another build.

Still no documents.

12 minutes ago, Jmystro said:

Anyone having issues looking at 'Away Public Talk', when you click on that Assignment it comes up blank.

Local Talk doesn't have this issue.

Mine is fine. No issues viewing local or away talk info.

1 minute ago, JoshD said:

Mine is fine. No issues viewing local or away talk info.

Submitting a problem report to NWS through their website appears to be broken, at least for me it is. I've refreshed the page, closed browser, rebooted my system, but still getting an error when trying to upload an image file. I'm getting the following message:

<p>There has been a critical error on this website.</p><p><a href="https://wordpress.org/documentation/article/faq-troubleshooting/">Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.</a></p>

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

How does a publisher request hospitality for a speaker? I don't see that option in the app.

Enable "Allow Hospitality Requests" in NWS (NW Publisher app > App Features).

473956091_NWSHospitality.thumb.png.ce913db16b1343ab77fd8ca3dd6d4e2e.png

Have any of you adventurous brothers had the opportunity to dive into the new territory features? I've mentioned before the idea of simplifying and always trying to make the best use of Kingdom funds as reasons for being excited by the prospect of the new territory updates. Currently we use Territory Helper but may not need to if NWS can do the trick. Interested to hear your thoughts...

8 minutes ago, Aja said:

Have any of you adventurous brothers had the opportunity to dive into the new territory features? I've mentioned before the idea of simplifying and always trying to make the best use of Kingdom funds as reasons for being excited by the prospect of the new territory updates. Currently we use Territory Helper but may not need to if NWS can do the trick. Interested to hear your thoughts...

I've managed to import all of our territory data from TH into NWS. Data looks fine on NWS but there are a few bugs to be worked out on the NWP side. Listed "personal" or "congregation" territories in the new NWP "Territories" tab are a bit out of sequence. IE: T-24, T-65, T-7 should have T-7 listed above T-24.

Inside the territory, click on "Open Map". Here there should be a map on the top, but on our end, it's not working. Again, there's a sorting issue here. Locations should be grouped by street name then 1-9. Currently the locations are strictly sorted 1-9 regardless of the street it's on.

1331377381_NWP7.0_1.thumb.jpg.ed0681f547fe9b17eda93cc63806dfaf.jpg         1945107707_NWP7.0_4.thumb.jpg.2f8f62cb3bf3fe8aa0e2f44d4f665af7.jpg          

35 minutes ago, JoshD said:

I've managed to import all of our territory data from TH into NWS. Data looks fine on NWS but there are a few bugs to be worked out on the NWP side. Listed "personal" or "congregation" territories in the new NWP "Territories" tab are a bit out of sequence. IE: T-24, T-65, T-7 should have T-7 listed above T-24.

Inside the territory, click on "Open Map". Here there should be a map on the top, but on our end, it's not working. Again, there's a sorting issue here. Locations should be grouped by street name then 1-9. Currently the locations are strictly sorted 1-9 regardless of the street it's on.

1331377381_NWP7.0_1.thumb.jpg.ed0681f547fe9b17eda93cc63806dfaf.jpg         1945107707_NWP7.0_4.thumb.jpg.2f8f62cb3bf3fe8aa0e2f44d4f665af7.jpg          

One other thing about fully switching from TH to NWS being on pause for us (other than allowing time for the NWS team to stabilize it's new territory features). We may make the jump once we're able to assign territories remotely for territory servants or any of the other appointed brothers like we can on TH.

I have 1 day left in my trial period and I tried to register today and got "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again." One thing after another. Seems I traded issues of KHS with issue with NWS. NWS solved some problems but created others.

36 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I have 1 day left in my trial period and I tried to register today and got "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again." One thing after another. Seems I traded issues of KHS with issue with NWS. NWS solved some problems but created others.

That got resolved.

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Problems just keep getting worse. I imported emergency contact data from a publisher and not only did it not update his information in NWS but it overwrote mine with his. 

Importing emergency contacts is a real mess right now. It is putting contacts all over the place. I cannot safely import any emergency contacts at this point. I don't know how they are going to fix this.

19 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Floyd, perhaps the timing is bad.  You are doing all of these things while we are doing a new version upgrade.  Sorry but everything is working for us at this moment (even the documents).

I have already updated NWS and NWP. I just tried to update my emergency contact in NWP and then when I imported to NWS, even though it said it was going to import to me, it actually sent the data to a random person. I am actually scared to import anything at the moment. This is really bad.

I correct it in NWS and send app data. Then open my app and for emergency contact it still says "Updates Submitted Successfully." I wonder how long that is going to stay there.

image.png.2235f3904dfe6662e4cad2843543ba14.png

Apparently is can take quite a bit of time for the "Updates Submitted Successfully" to clear.

I am still experimenting with updating my contact info and it keep sending it to a random person.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Seems I traded issues of KHS with issue with NWS. NWS solved some problems but created others.

KHS seems for me to be toast as their support at best is dismal. Been using it for 3 years for scheduling Public Talks about a week ago there was an update to version 18.20 and after the update it no longer opens a brief pop up with the message "Do cancel" appears. Installed it on a different PC with the same software setup, same problem.

Fortunately I had synched the KHS data with NWS and it looks like I will from now on do all the scheduling in NWS as the support for over week now from the KHS tech support has been two emails with duplicate copy past instructions that don't work.

What version of KHS are you running? I installed an old 2022 version and it works including the restoring the backups. Their practice of handling their releases is juvenile as I asked for a copy of the previous version and they said they don't keep those versions. That questions their release and build structure. How they can entrust congregational scheduling to such procedures is terrible.

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas