JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

I don't know if I got behind in the updates but my NWS just updated to build 1293.   Did that update help anyone?

Build #1293 has been out for a while, didn't notice any dramatic differences. It'd be nice to see what each build includes from the developers.

10 minutes ago, JoshD said:

Build #1293 has been out for a while, didn't notice any dramatic differences. It'd be nice to see what each build includes from the developers.

Thank you Br. Josh.  On July 10th someone mentioned  build 1290 (which was where I was).  I did not see any other references so I didn't know.  I spend more time with NW Publisher than I do with Scheduler.  Thanks again.

Use the parents contact info (email) under the settings for the publisher

we have a few preteens that give parts and we text the parent since the child does not have a phone

under the NWP - settings you can 'send an email' - and the email address can be the parent

this is in addition to the app showing an assignment

you probably are still handing out physical reminders also....Assignment slip

17 hours ago, Aja said:

Is there a way to make it so that when a minor, who is not even a publisher yet, receives a student assignment their parents can receive the notification instead? If there is such a setting, I'm not aware of it.

Using the "Delegates" option may work for this. We haven't tried it ourselves, perhaps someone already has for the same reason you mentioned.

NWSDelegate.thumb.jpg.403e4a9c84d055f1beb8c8040e9719e2.jpg

6 hours ago, JoshD said:

Is it possible to print or export a "territory overview" map like it is in TH?

Screenshot2023-07-24163638.thumb.png.93bffaecef4d409035e0d3e30c00e06d.png

I played with this on the weekend - my solution was to download the kml file from the branch showing the territory boundary and import into NW Scheduler.  It then displays as another map.  I put it in the 'no category' section, gave it the number 0, with a note 'Branch Boundary - no assignments'

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

NW Scheduler has new update of 7.1 and it is devoted to territories.  Recommends updating NW Publisher as well.

All updated, but now the app crashes whenever I click the "open map" in the territory section..... I can view the downloaded image but not the map link

Just updated my NW Publisher and was scheduled a short-notice talk for next week at the same time ... all went smoothly - well, at least the update did, can't say for the talk yet 🤔

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I have an issue where a teal person icon shows next to every meeting schedule for the friends in NW Publisher. I thought a teal person had to do with cleaning assignments but we aren’t using that feature. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? 

IMG_2389.png

Finally, after several weeks of the NW Publisher app crashing on iOS 14 devices, the latest version works. I'm happy they fixed the compatibility issue for older iOS versions.

Many publishers will be happy about this since I know older ones in our hall that were about to spend to get newer devices just to be able to use this app.

I wont update the app for now just in case the next versions get buggy and start crashing again.

8 hours ago, slammers said:

I have an issue where a teal person icon shows next to every meeting schedule for the friends in NW Publisher. I thought a teal person had to do with cleaning assignments but we aren’t using that feature. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? 

IMG_2389.png

Just guessing here...but I would bet you need to schedule a cleaning assignment and then delete it. Then send data to phones.

I was having a similar issue with territories...seeing everyone's instead of just my own, even though they were all configured correctly. Making a change and then undoing it and then sending it to everyone's phone corrected it. 

On 7/27/2023 at 8:26 AM, computerwiz said:

Just guessing here...but I would bet you need to schedule a cleaning assignment and then delete it. Then send data to phones.

I was having a similar issue with territories...seeing everyone's instead of just my own, even though they were all configured correctly. Making a change and then undoing it and then sending it to everyone's phone corrected it. 

Unfortunately, the teal men persist after trying that suggestion. It started after I upgraded to 7.0.

1 hour ago, Sweetpea said:

Does anyone know if Google maps can be used as the territory map background? If so how do you activate this option? TIA

There are 3 to choose from (use the "gear" button).  But Google Maps isn't one of them.  Apparently integrating Google Maps is very expensive.  So they didn't use it.

Both our Service Overseer and our assistant Territory Servant are in Pioneer School this week. Can you all help me with a question about how territory requests work? Does the assistant to the territory servant get notifications about territory requests as well?