JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

4 hours ago, VERDE said:

Hi,

My input. According to the developers it's not adviced to have multiple instalations on diferent devices. Is this the case?

In our congregation, only a few are connected to NWP using a couple of devices. In my household, we're only connected using our smartphones, 1 device, and still yet, we're not receiving automatic notification reminders on events, assignments or duties.

We do receive notifications in general however when data is pushed/sent via NWS, such as something newly added to the information board, a new event, a new assigned territory, a new or updated assignment or duty, etc.

Edited by Cruzer

5 hours ago, VERDE said:

Hi,

My input. According to the developers it's not adviced to have multiple instalations on diferent devices. Is this the case?

Yes, I had issues when I ran NWS on 2 different computers.  I don't know if they've resolved the syncing issues....this was over a year ago.

I would be very careful and very observant if running NWS on multiple computers.  NW Publisher, on the other hand, can run on many different devices at the same time.  No problem!

And definitely don't run 2 copies of NWS on different computers at the same time.  That's a quick way to mess things up!

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

I still haven't received a reminder notification for my assignments.  This has been going on for several weeks.  Fortunately, we always send WhatsApp reminders to the people assigned for tasks the day before the meeting.

Have you looked at the Notification status on NWS for the App Devices?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

51 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Have you looked at the Notification status on NWS for the App Devices?

In our case, yes. Notification status in NWS shows everyone should be receiving them, but we are not.

We'd like to not have to send WhatsApp or email messages since that's what the NWP reminders should be doing. With so many messages sent, sometimes they get buried in the friend's inbox folder & not seen.

14 minutes ago, Bart1044 said:

Does anyone know what NWS looks like for Ministerial Servants? 

The administrator can set each part of the program to Edit, View or No Access, so it depends on how much the elders want you to have access to.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

12 minutes ago, CouveBro said:

Looks like we're moving forward with NWP.  Being asked what it will take to transfer data from KHS to NWP. Are there some instructions anyone can share?

Follow this link to their website on how to do what you're looking for.

https://nwscheduler.com/export-khs-data-into-nw-scheduler/

The NWS website's support section is very informative. I use their "search" feature often when looking for something specific.

https://nwscheduler.com/support/

4 hours ago, Bart1044 said:

Does anyone know what NWS looks like for Ministerial Servants? 

You might need to ask a different question. Both ministerial servants and elders can fill certain roles: public talk coordinator, territory servant, literature servant, etc. So each brother has access to the section of the program and data he needs for his assignment, whether he is an elder or a ministerial servant.

2 hours ago, foghorn said:

You might need to ask a different question. Both ministerial servants and elders can fill certain roles: public talk coordinator, territory servant, literature servant, etc. So each brother has access to the section of the program and data he needs for his assignment, whether he is an elder or a ministerial servant.

That is true.  I'm a ministerial servant, territory servant, and assistant to the A/V group.  So I have full access to the territory, and full access to the publisher's page where you assign them talks and duties.  I have a role is assigning duties, but the talks are on the same page, so I have access to that also.  But I know...no touchie!!  JWScheduler, like what John said, is more role based than position based.  The brothers have a lot of control on what you have access to through congregation sharing>user access.

16 hours ago, CouveBro said:

Looks like we're moving forward with NWP.  Being asked what it will take to transfer data from KHS to NWP. Are there some instructions anyone can share?

We migrated over a few years ago. We took a month to transition over and get everything cleaned up before we 'launched' it. We followed the instructions from NWS and It was relatively smooth, the only real issues we had were assignments and the 'Assign' options were off. A few sisters showed up as assigned public talks in the imported information. 😁 Although that was a little funny to see it on the schedule. 

54 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

We migrated over a few years ago. We took a month to transition over and get everything cleaned up before we 'launched' it. We followed the instructions from NWS and It was relatively smooth, the only real issues we had were assignments and the 'Assign' options were off. A few sisters showed up as assigned public talks in the imported information. 😁 Although that was a little funny to see it on the schedule. 

When I did the initial import of the congregation and their contact information, I was wondering why the elders and ministerial servants had light blue suits.  Then I saw why.  They were all female.  The male/female information was mis-labeled in the file I imported, and I didn't catch it, so for some reason, NWS defaulted to female.  The elders I sent screenshots to thought it was hilarious.  The majority elder body requested that I keep the "wise guy" of our congregation female so they can see his reaction when they point that out on JWPublisher.  Sadly, I got sick and missed the moment of truth.  I love my congregation.

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

I was wondering why the elders and ministerial servants had light blue suits.  Then I saw why. 

I thought it was pink for female, blue for male, a tie for all servants and dark blue for elders.

13 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I thought it was pink for female, blue for male, a tie for all servants and dark blue for elders.

I never asked the developers, but it might be that the pink and dark blue combined to make light blue.  The ministerial servants were had powder blue suits.  You can check it out yourself.  Just switch an elder and ministerial servant to female.  As long as you don't close it before you change it back, no one will know.

46 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

Just switch an elder and ministerial servant to female.  As long as you don't close it before you change it back, no one will know.

I just tried that, let it refresh and didn't see a difference. Maybe the program doesn't allow appointed sisters? Apparently it hasn't seen the next update! (just kidding..)

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

I just tried that, let it refresh and didn't see a difference. Maybe the program doesn't allow appointed sisters? Apparently it hasn't seen the next update! (just kidding..)

That was over half a dozen updates ago.  Maybe it got fixed in one of the updates.  I haven't really played with that myself since the initial import.

Hey everyone, 

hope you're all doing fine

I haven't found an answer to my question, please excuse me if this already has been answered elsewhere. 

We're just starting to use NW Scheduler for our whole congregation and I wanted to set some field service meetings. But if I put in a meeting for our field service group 1, it shows for everyone else, too. 

Is that something I can change somewhere? So that only brothers + sisters from group 1 can see their meetings, group 2 see theirs and so on? 

Thank you very much in advance! 

Yours, 

Kevin

17 hours ago, The_Kev said:

But if I put in a meeting for our field service group 1, it shows for everyone else, too.

I assume you are referring to the Schedules | Field Service section. You are correct - that is visible to all in the congregation (just like the other meeting schedules). But what you CAN do is show the arrangements for each group - see example: 

NWS_FSSched.JPG

Is anyone else's Reminders still not working even after the latest NWS/NWP updates? Our Notifications work fine but still not receiving reminders.

The difference between the two; Notifications come from NW Scheduler when new data is sent. Reminders come from your phone when an upcoming Assignment/Duty/Event is soon.

Edited by Cruzer

Just now, Cruzer said:

Is anyone else's Reminders still not working even after the latest NWS/NWP updates? Our Notifications work fine.

The difference between the two; Notifications come from NW Scheduler when new data is sent. Reminders come from your phone when an upcoming Assignment/Duty/Event is soon.

Still not getting mine