JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

3 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

Still not getting mine

I messaged the NWS team about it a couple days ago, still waiting to hear back. Everyone I've checked with in our congregation is also not receiving Reminders from the app.

An updated version of NW Publisher was posted today on the Play Store. It now shows cart witnessing assignments in the Assignments list, and sends notifications as well. I made this suggestion some weeks ago, I am so happy it's been implemented.

Maybe this new version fixes the no notifications issue.

8 minutes ago, carlos said:

An updated version of NW Publisher was posted today on the Play Store. It now shows cart witnessing assignments in the Assignments list, and sends notifications as well. I made this suggestion some weeks ago, I am so happy it's been implemented.

What's the version you updated to? We're currently on NWP version 3.4.3 #233, that's the latest version I'm getting from the Play Store. Not receiving Reminders on this version yet.

32 minutes ago, carlos said:

I wonder if the update is being rolled out regionally.  Let's see how long it takes before it shows up on my phone

It's version 3.4.3 #233. It says on Play Store:

NEW FEATURES
- Public Witnessing Reservations now also show in Assignments
- Public Witnessing Reservations now generate Reminders
- Reminders are more meaningful

I am not assigned to cart witnessing during the rest of this month, so I cannot check if it works.

4 minutes ago, carlos said:

It's version 3.4.3 #233. It says on Play Store:

NEW FEATURES
- Public Witnessing Reservations now also show in Assignments
- Public Witnessing Reservations now generate Reminders
- Reminders are more meaningful

I am not assigned to cart witnessing during the rest of this month, so I cannot check if it works.

This is the version we currently have, it was made available 2 nights ago PST, on the 18th. Public Witnessing Reservations do show in the Assignments tab of NWP when assigned but all Reminders, including Public Witnessing Reservations are still not generating a Reminder to our devices.

10 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Do you know if the ones using NW Scheduler have the latest version?

My Windows scheduler is 7.4 (build1338)  #20240408

For us, yes. We have the latest NWS version & build (Version 7.4 Build #1338)

16 hours ago, foghorn said:

I assume you are referring to the Schedules | Field Service section. You are correct - that is visible to all in the congregation (just like the other meeting schedules). But what you CAN do is show the arrangements for each group - see example: 

NWS_FSSched.JPG

Thanks for the reply! 

Yes, that's what I meant. I had the hopes I could change it, so that the field Service meetings would only be visible to the corresponding Group. But that doesnt seem to work :)

11 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Looks like the Reminders bug may have been resolved. Will wait for the app to send me a reminder of my next assignment in one day. NWP version 3.4.4 #235 has been released.

Screenshot_20240122_232629.thumb.jpg.29e558b25db046df230eb448309c3aef.jpg

NWP successfully sent me an assignment Reminder 👍🏽

Screenshot_20240123_103543_OneUIHome.thumb.jpg.e8158613f8923d1eff8de97433a2dd9e.jpg

Person Information Check

I go to Printing > Email and select these options:

image.thumb.png.3445499da235f3b271655905b0663405.png

When I send this email I get this:

Please find the attached [ATTACHMENT_NAME]. Can you please check this information, 
including all Emergency Contacts, and make any necessary changes.

[ATTACHMENT_NAME] is not replaced and there is no attachment. I must be missing something as to how this works. What am I doing wrong?

This works from the Printing Section.

Go to image.png.56c26f60bbf3c754490cabc250028380.png

Select image.png.0acca72b25df124ca869018e83ecb64f.png

Chose the Persons from the list at the right.

Tick Send Individually en Click Email:

image.png.6b7c6668641b0317365522cae9e96d1d.png

Then you will go to the email section automatically.

You will see the attachment. Then select Persons and Persons Information Check

Click Load.

Now you will be able to adjust the text in the email if you want. 

At last Click Send.

6 hours ago, foghorn said:

You are missingimage.jpeg.e613c41bc42ab3c355021e8ad966fdda.jpeg the selection of the attachment. You have to manually select it, apparently. This was missing on your screen capture.

Clicking attachments only prompts me to upload a file. The attachment only appears when using the method János suggested.

We have our CO visit this week. As has been the case for the last several visits, he's coming together with one of his substitute overseers. The visit schedule in NW Scheduler only allows to make arrangements in service for the CO and his wife. And we can only schedule shepherding visits for the CO. Is there a way to add plans for the substitute overseer and his wife too?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, dvdgarofalo said:

ThinkGeo, OpenStreet, BingMaps?

Whichever one best portrays your territory. In our case, much work has been done by the OpenStreetMap volunteers, adding streets and building outlines. So that is the best choice for us. ThinkGeo seems to be using the same base map in our area, but formats things a little more boldly.

On 1/28/2024 at 11:24 PM, carlos said:

Is there a way to add plans for the substitute overseer and his wife too?

I was going to contact the developers about this but then noticed they already address this in the support page:

Not at this time, but we are planning to add this ability in the future.
Currently it is possible to schedule for one CO (and his wife).

1 hour ago, carlos said:

I was going to contact the developers about this but then noticed they already address this in the support page:

It is weird because the newest update release notes says it is possible to do it. (at least from my understanding)

image.thumb.png.0de3f531c98370103a1d1bf2f635856b.png

Edited by Lapuo