JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

Posted (edited)
On 9/18/2023 at 8:18 PM, Cruzer said:

We have our C.O. visit this week, beginning tomorrow evening. For tomorrow's meeting, the meeting time changed from 7:30 PM to 7:00 PM. Where can I update the time in NWS so the time that populates on NWP is correct? The updated time was properly updated in the C.O. visit in "Congregation Events" and in "Schedules" > "Circuit Overseer Visit". Still shows 7:30 PM start time on NWP however.

UPDATE: Changed our MWM time in the "Congregation" tab. I'll change it back after the C.O. visit. Any other ways to update the MWM time for just one meeting that I may be missing?

NWSCOVisit_1.thumb.png.98891325e1b4a082814978af6c370932.png

Other than changing the MWM time in the "Congregation" tab for just one meeting during the C.O. visit, any other ways to update the MWM time for just one meeting so it displays the correct times on NWP?

Edited by Cruzer

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Other than changing the MWM time in the "Congregation" tab for just one meeting during the C.O. visit, any other ways to update the MWM time for just one meeting so it displays the correct times on NWP?

You can create an event “meeting day change”. 

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

You just need to change the time for that day in particular in the tab "Congregation Events". Something like "change the day of the meeting" (but change only the time). Sorry but I have the program in my native language.

With the recent 7.5 update, we were not receiving the field service reports by the friends. I saw minor update #1355 fixes this issue. I updated and it was fixed, although it seems we lost the reports made until the minor update. Not a big deal, we will just ask those friends to resend it.

Since the update, it seems the process to receive data from NW Publisher is clumsier. It takes longer. Often it shows no new data, yet I click to force the check and there is new data indeed. They made some change to the syncing process that is not working completely well yet.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, orodriguez said:

You can create an event “meeting day change”. 

Thanks for the suggestion but creating a "Congregation Event" for the meeting change still does nothing to the times listed in NWP for that one particular meeting. We've created a "Meeting Day Change", entered the correct time in the "Circuit Overseer Visit" event, updated the "Circuit Overseer Schedule" with the correct start time of 7:00 PM but NWP still shows our normal start time of 7:30 PM.

Untitled-1.thumb.gif.ae70170849183df80e7862eb126607ef.gif

Edited by Cruzer

40 minutes ago, carlos said:

With the recent 7.5 update, we were not receiving the field service reports by the friends.

I have had only one problem receiving the field service reports from a brother and sister. After I received the data and then sent it in NWS, it didn't show up in my NWP. So I confirmed with them that they each had sent a report and then I used my NWP app to resend their reports, and everything was fine. 

I checked the logs in NWS and found their reports were for 5-0001 instead of 5-2024. Apparently, they went out in service just before Jesus was born. :lol1:

Since it was two separate reports, it would have come from two devices, so I suspect that NWS was the problem. I updated to #1355 and hope I don't have any more problems.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Had a very unfortunate experience this morning. We worked a couple streets on one of our territory maps and that finished out that territory. As we were completing it I could see that houses being marked as "At Home", "Not Home", and "No Trespassing/Soliciting" and all the houses were colored in. I was going to notify our territory servant that the map was done and ready to be converted into Letter Writing territory. I went back to look at the map one last time to make sure everything was in order and sadly all of the data indicating the houses that were worked this morning is gone. Houses are all back to being blue (unworked). So now I have no idea what is up with all those houses. And we covered a lot of houses. In the grand scheme not a huge deal but stuff like this makes me hesitant to put too much trust in this technology. I'm chalking it up to an issue with all the updates lately and maybe one of the bros/sis out this morning using an outdated version of NWPublisher. But this is why I really hope that they prioritize stability over new features. New features are great and appreciated but we have to be able to have confidence that the features that are already there are going to be dependable. Sorry for the long post. I guess I also just kinda wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue that might make this worth reporting to the devs or if "time and unexpected events" just happened to hit my field service group...

On 6/1/2024 at 10:46 AM, Pastore72 said:

Good morning dear, I'm writing from Italy, I've been using NWS for about 4 months, as a speech manager, before we used hourglass, but here I didn't find the function that imports the day and time of the various KH of your constituency, so the brothers scheduled for an external speech, know exactly the day and time.
Thanks, I hope Google translated it well

screenshot_47.jpg

When you say "import", what are you trying to import from? If the other congregations you are trying to exchange speakers with use NWSheduler also, then if they have set it up correctly, their meeting times and days should automatically show up.

Update # 1356 is now available.

Minor Update 7.5 #1354 Fixes: Loading times, Syncing icon moved to background, sending weekend Duties to App
Minor Update 7.5 #1355 Fixes: Receive Publisher Reports, added printing Templates for Local Needs, Campaigns and Last Visited
Minor Update 7.5 #1356 Fixes: Public Witnessing, User Task syncing, UNABLE_TO_DECRYPT

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Update # 1356 is now available.

Minor Update 7.5 #1354 Fixes: Loading times, Syncing icon moved to background, sending weekend Duties to App
Minor Update 7.5 #1355 Fixes: Receive Publisher Reports, added printing Templates for Local Needs, Campaigns and Last Visited
Minor Update 7.5 #1356 Fixes: Public Witnessing, User Task syncing, UNABLE_TO_DECRYPT

Update #1357 is now Available

Minor Update 7.5 #1357 Fixes: Public Witnessing, User Task syncing, UNABLE_TO_DECRYPT, Restore from Backup

On 6/2/2024 at 1:08 AM, Tonis said:

Hello brothers,

is there any way to import bulk emergency contacts? I know there is an import possibility, but the csv file needs an PublicherID which I cannot find anywhere. When I export the persons, there is only a FamilyID, but no PublicherID. Does the import work even without a PublicherID?PublicherID.thumb.JPG.ddb9f96fdc5b783412fd5c78ecebaf56.JPGFamilyID.thumb.JPG.f8ad2cfd4c9286c178c939d92d208a6d.JPG

Hi! Sorry for the delay in response.
But I tried it without the PublisherID and it works just fine.
I used just PublisherLastName, PublisherFirstName and if they are identical the emergency contact shows up perfectly.
So no PublisherID is needed as long as there is PublisherFirstName and PublisherLastName.

58 minutes ago, kurttkrueger said:

Hi Brothers & Sisters, 

Is anyone having issues installing build #1360?

I've tried to install it twice now and each time it tells me the update is still waiting to be installed. 

Thanks!

Thanks for the warning. Did you have any trouble installing any of the other minor updates?

1 hour ago, kurttkrueger said:

having issues installing build #1360?

Same for me - I tried twice. Everything looked like a normal update. When it finished, it opened just fine. But it still showed it was on build #1359, and the orange exclamation mark still showed needed to update. That's a new one for us, isn't it? 🤔  Think I'll wait a day or two, give them time to have another run at it.

1 hour ago, foghorn said:

Same for me - I tried twice. Everything looked like a normal update. When it finished, it opened just fine. But it still showed it was on build #1359, and the orange exclamation mark still showed needed to update. That's a new one for us, isn't it? 🤔  Think I'll wait a day or two, give them time to have another run at it.

Exact same result for me as well. 🙃

13 hours ago, kurttkrueger said:

Hi Brothers & Sisters, 

Is anyone having issues installing build #1360?

I've tried to install it twice now and each time it tells me the update is still waiting to be installed. 

Thanks!

Installed this without problems.
But I have had similar problems before and then a complete reinstall did the trick.
Remember to take backup first to be on the safe side!

Anybody have huge issues with he new update

the scheduler side prompted for an update this past weekend

—we were @ regional convention

once 1-2 choose to update

it deleted everything in all schedules assignments duties

publishers can still login in - but other than seeing the talks

all the fields are blank

anybody ever see anything like this?

or better yet anybody ever FIX anything like this