JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler Territory Feature

5 hours ago, dvdgarofalo said:

Anyone using the territory feature in NW Scheduler? Just want to see if the work transitioning from territory helper is worth it.  We would have to upload maps etc. Any observations from those who have been using it would be appreciated. tia

I am a publisher using the app..I request a letter writing terr. and in the app, receive one with a number..then the terr. servant emails me the sheet with names, etc. and a copy of the map. These are basicly door to door territories that may be gated..or condos that are restricted. There are phone numbers if one wants to call instead of writing a letter.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

• 3 weeks later...

We’ve just started using NW Scheduler and NW Publisher. I’m in the process of checking out the new territory feature. One thing we have noticed is that when you assign a map to a field service group every publisher in the congregation can see the map on their own device. The “help” says this is on purpose as the territory should be covered mid week (usually congregation arrangements) and weekends( group arrangements). So all need access to the maps. This might work in countries where you are allowed to record NH’s but this doesn’t apply in most European countries including the UK where we are. Any thoughts on this? Otherwise seems very good although takes some time drawing each map out on a street map.

Edited by Peter Woodford

Typo errors

I have just finished switching everything over from Territory Helper to NW Scheduler. Overall the export features work well.  Only thing that might look odd at first is if you have unit numbers nested inside one location. To see these in NW scheduler you will have to change the location type to apartment and then they will all show up.

On 7/15/2023 at 12:09 AM, BaconTree said:

I have just finished switching everything over from Territory Helper to NW Scheduler. Overall the export features work well.  Only thing that might look odd at first is if you have unit numbers nested inside one location. To see these in NW scheduler you will have to change the location type to apartment and then they will all show up.

When you imported, did you get historical dates? Or just the current territories that are out. I see I'll need to assign someone to enter history so we can have a complete CO report. 

On 7/17/2023 at 7:27 AM, dvdgarofalo said:

When you imported, did you get historical dates? Or just the current territories that are out. I see I'll need to assign someone to enter history so we can have a complete CO report. 

I didn't import the assignments. We are calling them in and starting from scratch because of a major rework of the territories.