JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - July 2023

15 hours ago, Dages said:

What do you expect ? 

I want to see Neeta and Jade again and learn another lesson :) 

Id like to see a sneak a peek on the Jesus saga filming! 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

The song is very powerful this month! What a treat! It's one of those that gives you goose bumps all over, and another one that I just can't get out of my head even after listening to it 20 times! As a gift to you, I have extracted the audio of the song from the broadcast and made it into an mp3 file. The song, the lyrics, and the official album art photo for the song are now posted in my song collection.

If you don't have the link to the song collection, send me a PM.

8 minutes ago, Romain said:

French just doesn't want to be available 😭

Can’t wait to hear the song 

You're right. French isn't there yet. Have you had your convention yet? You'll learn how to be patient there and so the wait won't seem so long.

15 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Have you had your convention yet? You'll learn how to be patient there and so the wait won't seem so long.

Not yet 😉! But when it gets to spiritual food it’s hard for me not to get excited and impatient lol. Though I keep it balanced.

And yes the song is so beautiful!! I love it when our songs are about the new world to come 😊

40 minutes ago, Monique said:

Good morning friends, is it possible for someone to PM me the link from the servers?

It will be available for everyone on JW.org in a couple of hours 🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Its available on jw.org and in JWL.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwb-105_1_VIDEO

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Interesting to see the final four tweets on Jason Worilds' (professional) Twitter account - tweeted on 11 March 2015 - comprise his original retirement statement, and nothing has been posted since.....

https://twitter.com/worildsgreatest

and below is the original JWTalk thread regarding the news....

https://jwtalk.net/topic/19827-ex-steelers-lb-jason-worilds-shockingly-retires/

In the video postcard, when Br. Malenfant says the Kingdom Hall is entirely solar powered, and the local brothers make good use of technology;  the brother speaking with the man on the horse, and the horse seems to be paying attention !

I will remember Br. Worilds comment "If you shook me I would rattle".  That's emptiness!

19 hours ago, Sofia said:

I want to see Neeta and Jade again and learn another lesson :)

I wouldn't mind seeing them again too. I think we all fell in love with Neeta and Jade at our 2020 conventions. But in order to prevent us from becoming "fans" of those two, it looks like the brothers have resisted the urge to make it a permanent series. They don't want them to become cult heroes. Personally, I don't think we'll be seeing them again. (Of course, I could be wrong.)

1 hour ago, Sheep said:
2 hours ago, Parale said:

Looks like the "My Teen Life" series has been made-over as "Reasons for Faith" ?

I didn't look like that to me. Brother Malenfant described Reasons for Faith as a "brand-new video series."

The subject emphasis has been tweaked, but the basic format has remained, namely only two teenagers, both always from the same country, always 'talking-heads', always both in different places, always dressed casual, always one male, always one female.

Obviously there are differences, namely no scriptural references, an unseen narrator asking questions rather than the teenagers speaking unprompted, and no bullet point conclusions, but instead a WT publication reference.

So, yeah, a 'make-over' that appears to keep the 'bones', or basic structure, while refreshing the format in movng forward to deal with what will be a slighly different subject matter. But if the basic format works - and if they've had positive feedback about it - then why change the basic stucture for the sake of change? Rather keep what works, and tweak it so it can become even better and more beneficial :)

There where seven episodes of "My Teen Life" focusing on teenage life issues, and I am looking forward to a similiar number of episodes of "Reasons for Faith" focusing on teenage faith issues.

Edited by Parale

16 minutes ago, Parale said:

So, yeah, a 'make-over'  while refreshing the format in moving forward 

Speaking of the format  ~  I immediately noticed Br. Malenfant didn't have a Bible on the desk.  Then, as he got into his talk, there were so many scriptures used that it became apparent that there wasn't time to look up and read the scriptures from a Bible.  Displaying the scriptures on the screen as he read them was the practical thing to do.  So, then why even have a Bible sitting there like a prop?

His description of human philosophers was outstanding. Brilliant!

I'm really finding the "Iron Sharpens Iron" series to be beneficial.  The brief demos and  the 'don't do this, but try this' versions are very helpful.  I hope they continue this.  After three on the topic of starting conversations, this one moves from the initial call into "the dreaded return visit" as our brother Marcelo called it.  

So many useful tools for us to hone our ministry. . .they just keep coming! 

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2: