JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - July 2023

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

They don't want them to become cult heroes.

agree 😉

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Did anybody notice in Br. Splane's talk that he compared a "misstep" to stepping off the curb onto the uneven pavement on Columbia St. (in Brooklyn)?

Was this a reminisce of the "old days"?

That was my impression.

I really enjoy when the brothers explain the decision-making process by the translation committee.  In this example "Try" vs. "Restore".

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Did anybody notice in Br. Splane's talk that he compared a "misstep" to stepping off the curb onto the uneven pavement on Columbia St. (in Brooklyn)?

Was this a reminisce of the "old days" or was this an older talk?

I think it was a reminisce of the "old days" for those who were serving at Bethel at that time. Then he said for the younger ones who play basketball one false step an you'll be in crutches. 😁

Bro. Malenfant’s point about Jesus really impressed me, something I hadn’t really considered before:

”Rather than use it to reply to a prayer or a statement, he (Jesus) used “amen” to introduce pronouncements of truth. At times, he repeated the word, saying “amen, amen” and then made his statement, which would be like saying “most truly I say to you.””

The surety of divine truth behind his kind/miraculous acts and what they foreshadowed and the simple but powerful summations on worshipping the Father highlight the full weight of reality, that Jesus is “the truth.” (John 14:6) 

“It’s not a matter of how much we know, but how much we love what we know.”

1 hour ago, Friend of Peace said:

”Rather than use it to reply to a prayer or a statement, he (Jesus) used “amen” to introduce pronouncements of truth. At times, he repeated the word, saying “amen, amen” and then made his statement, which would be like saying “most truly I say to you.””

It appears that Bro Malenfant based that section on a paragraph from the article "Jehovah Values Your 'Amen'" in the Watchtower March 2019, pages 29 to 31

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2019327#h=6

image.png.8ed4532a9447ed694c9e5240ee503144.png

FWIW the Revised Bible Study Note for John 1:51 also provides some interesting additional background information regarding the phrase "amen, amen"

https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/study-bible/books/john/1/#v43001051

Edited by Parale

On 7/4/2023 at 12:34 PM, jwhess said:

Was this a reminisce of the "old days" or was this an older talk?

I think it may be an older talk. My guess is Wed 29 March 2017.

2 hours ago, JohnFromOz said:

I think it may be an older talk. My guess is Wed 29 March 2017.

So that brings up an interesting point, its obvious that the brothers have all of the videos organized by subject, so I wish they would include the videos in the Index.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 4 weeks later...

(I hope I don't get in trouble for talking about the secret link for the jw.org server...)

The images for all the videos associated with the July broadcast are on the server under a non-public link. Some images representing videos that we still have not seen yet, even though we are at the end of the month. Here's what I mean:

There are three images of brothers in a Morning Worship setting (with a blue background) for which a video has not been released yet. There is an image of Brother Anthony Morris, an image of Brother Harold Cockern, and an image of a brother whom I don't recognize. Also, there is an image of a scene that doesn't look familiar to me.

So far we haven't seen a video corresponding to four of the images on the server associated with the July broadcast. Do you think these videos are still forthcoming? Or are they there as clickbait images? (not likely)

Edited by Brother_Bliss

Details aren't necessary

39 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I hope I don't get in trouble for talking about the secret link for the jw.org server...

You're good. I've got a pocket full of Warning Points for anyone who tries to post a mined image though, lol 😉

39 minutes ago, Sheep said:

So far we haven't seen a video corresponding to four of the images on the server associated with the July broadcast. Do you think these videos are still forthcoming? Or are they there as clickbait images? (not likely)

Probably last minute changes. Certain releases were planned and prepared for, and then either got cancelled or delayed and nobody thought to remove the images. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

There are three images of brothers in a Morning Worship setting (with a blue background)

. . .

:oops: I just realized that one of those "Morning Worship" images is the one for the new Congo (Kinshasa) Branch Report video.

Okay, just two Morning Worships and another to account for. We've still got another week until the August broadcast, so maybe they'll be in there somewhere...?

9 hours ago, Sheep said:

:oops: I just realized that one of those "Morning Worship" images is the one for the new Congo (Kinshasa) Branch Report video.

Okay, just two Morning Worships and another to account for. We've still got another week until the August broadcast, so maybe they'll be in there somewhere...?

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

15 hours ago, Sheep said:

(I hope I don't get in trouble for talking about the secret link for the jw.org server...)

The images for all the videos associated with the July broadcast are on the server under a non-public link. Some images representing videos that we still have not seen yet, even though we are at the end of the month. Here's what I mean:

There are three images of brothers in a Morning Worship setting (with a blue background) for which a video has not been released yet. There is an image of Brother Anthony Morris, an image of Brother Harold Cockern, and an image of a brother whom I don't recognize. Also, there is an image of a scene that doesn't look familiar to me.

2 of this 4 videos are Branch reports Congo and Brasil.

Another 2 videos Morris/Corkern will be online on Friday.

It's very interesting that Morris video will be online ....

Why previous morning worships is not online but this new one will be. Interesting.

22 minutes ago, Bosko said:

2 of this 4 videos are Branch reports Congo and Brasil.

It's very interesting that Morris video will be online ....

Why previous morning worships is not online but this new one will be. Interesting.

I'm curious to see how he will be presented on the video

image.thumb.jpeg.efa0a5a6b296480772464d3ec43d8273.jpeg

4 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

I'm curious to see how he will be presented on the video

image.thumb.jpeg.efa0a5a6b296480772464d3ec43d8273.jpeg

That makes two of us! 

On 8/1/2023 at 8:37 PM, Bosko said:

I'm not so sure about that. I think perhaps it was originally meant to be part of the July broadcast but then they had to cancel it at the last minute and included the one by brother Splane instead.

Brother Corkern's one is still possible though.

On 8/1/2023 at 6:37 AM, Bosko said:

May I ask, where did you hear this?

On 8/3/2023 at 9:58 AM, JohnFromOz said:

I'm not so sure about that. I think perhaps it was originally meant to be part of the July broadcast but then they had to cancel it at the last minute and included the one by brother Splane instead.

Brother Corkern's one is still possible though.

I could also ask you the same question. Did you hear this somewhere, or was it just something you thought?

I am in the US/Canada Eastern Time zone, and it's getting late in the day Friday. I don't see either of these. There's not much room on the calendar for them to show up now, since the August broadcast will be on Monday.

Edited by Sheep