JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Have You Tried Any AI Apps, Chatbots, Besides ChatGPT?

It seems more and more companies are investing in AI and so new apps are being created more frequently. Some of these are called, “AI Chatbots” which provide personal assistance in research, writing, etc. While I wouldn’t use these for theocratic research, I like some of the assistance they can provide for other projects. But since there are limited reviews of these apps since many of these apps are new, I wanted to see if any brothers/sisters here on our forum have tried any AI apps, websites, programs besides Chat GPT and if you could share your thoughts/opinions about these?

So look forward to your comments and suggestions, thanks. 😃 

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

There is an AI made in Spain named LuzIA. https://soyluzia.com/ The website is in Spanish but the AI is multilingual.

You add LuzIA's phone number to your contact list and use Whatsapp or Telegram to interact with it.

I heard this AI initially become popular among deaf people. They often make part of several Whatsapp groups, for example the groups of parents' of school children, or the neighbors' group to discuss community issues. People kept sending audio messages to those groups, and deaf members had no way to know what they said. Now with LuzIA that is not an issue. It transcribes audio messages, and does it very well.

Audio messages have become a huge trend in Whatsapp and humankind has split in two groups: those who love to send them, and those who hate to receive them. Of course I am on the second group. Something that could be a simple "OK, see you there at 2:00" turns into a several minute monolog full of repetitions and hesitations. And of course, you cannot listen to it while you are at the meeting, at work or many other situations. To make things harder, I constantly receive messages in Spanish and Romanian, and sometimes English. I bought a transcriber app some time ago but it didn't support Romanian and it was rather clumsy to use.

Well, now I just forward the audio message to LuzIA and in a few seconds she returns a flawless transcription. It's multilanguage and free. A friend sent me a test message in Hungarian a few days ago and it perfectly identified the language, transcribed the text and even translated it when I asked for it. It really saves me a lot of annoyance.

Of course LuzIA is able to do many other things, such as drawing things, but its most popular function by far is message transcribing.

After using Chat GPT for a while I tried also "Cleverbot.com" - turns out this AI isn´t as clever as it pretends to be. I asked if it speaks other languages than English, and the confident reply was "of course, I am clevet" (yes, clevet - not clever). Then I typed "So it´s okay if I speak German with you?" and the reply was: "Well, you could try, but I don't speak german."

Thanks for nothing. I´ll stick to Chat GPT.

Chrissy :wave:

I used Bard a little. It said that it could not write stories like ChatGPT but is conversational.

I had ChatGPT write several (80 to 100) short stories, a few book-length novels. poetry and songs.

Edited by Witness1970

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone used the Bing chatbot? its amazing for making ai generated images. today i started using one called character.ai that has various chatbots for various needs. the programmer bot it really helpful for learning the basics lol. i'm actually looking into making an interactive learning chatbot assistant terminal emulator for my Linix OS lol.