JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

On 6/15/2023 at 9:49 AM, bobby said:

i have a book idea i wonder if ChatGPT would right it for me than try to sale it lol 

A few things I have learned using ChatGPT to write several books for me.  I told it to write a book about alternate energy. It outlined several chapters about solar energy, wind energy, and other types of energy.  I then copied the information about each chapter and told it to "write [and pasted the chapter information in the box]".  It wrote the chapter including sections about the advantages, disadvantages, challenges, and opportunities in these fields.

I told it to write a story in the style of Ray Bradbury and it wrote a fiction story of a few pages.  I told it to write a science fiction BOOK in the style of Ray Bradbury and it outlined chapters.  I then took each chapter and told it to "Write Chapter 1:  ......" with information for that chapter indicated by the dots.    I repeated the process for each chapter.  I copied what ChatGPT wrote and put it into Microsoft Word.

I have short stories in the style of Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, and Robert Heinlein, 20 of each style.  I have novels in the style of Isaac Asimov (1), Robert Heinlein (1), and Mickey Spillane (5).  (I heard Mickey Spillane was raised by Jehovah's Witness parents.  His style of writing was not for small children, but the ChatGPT books are definitely G-rated.)  I also asked ChatGPT to write an updated version of George Orwell's 1984.  It titled the book, "2084: A Dystopian Journey"

You might want to tell Chat GPT to outline chapters for a book on "whatever" and then tell it to "write" each chapter separately.  If you have your own ideas for chapters, you can just outline the chapters yourself and then tell ChatGPT to write each chapter.

I have no plans to sell any of the books that ChatGPT wrote for me.  

Edited by Witness1970

added last line

On 5/18/2023 at 2:51 PM, coolbrz731 said:

I was re-reading the novel "Stand" by EK Jonathon...okay, I was listening to Alexa read it...  It was the part where the government attempted to create a deepfake video to fool the brothers, but no one was fooled because it didn't speak the pure language.  It said "brethren", "the lord", and other things.  I wondered how ChatGPT would do, so I decided to test it.  Well, it did way better than I thought.

Deepfake is a scary proposition.  A deepfake could be made of one of the Governing Body to give false instructions to the Witnesses.  The story from 1 Kings 13 would be a cautionary story for the Witnesses at that time.  

15 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

Deepfake is a scary proposition.  A deepfake could be made of one of the Governing Body to give false instructions to the Witnesses.  The story from 1 Kings 13 would be a cautionary story for the Witnesses at that time.  

This reminded me of a possible attempt on the Thessalonica congregation when a letter was sent to them appearing to be wrongly attributed to Paul saying that “the day of Jehovah” had arrived. (2 Th. 2:1, 2) Paul however gave a “sign” to show that the 2nd letter to them was genuine, in this case it was a greeting by his own hand. (2 Thess. 3:17) Whatever situation we may face as regards advanced technology, Jehovah will direct his people toward the truth despite any attempt Satan may use to disguise his evil agenda. (2 Cor. 11:13-15; Rom. 16:20)

“It’s not a matter of how much we know, but how much we love what we know.”

It's the best invention since sliced bread!

I'm using it for digging deeper into topics...thoroughly understanding them and how things connect.  Getting explanations in simple language.  Even writing code!  It has been the best troubleshooting companion I could ever ask for when trying to figure out why code is not working.  And it even writes working code for me!!

I might actually be able to make the jump from Visual Basic to C# by using this tool.  I know I need to do it...before I get left waaay behind in the dust.  This tool gives me the comfort level that I can do it and still be as productive as I am now with the Visual Basic language.

Now the real question is will I actually take that plunge?  :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/video/leading-ai-experts-warn-the-technology-could-lead-to-the-extinction-of-humanity/3hjmxji0z#

This was a story back in May. One of the signatories of this open letter by AI experts against the technology gave an interesting story. When the creators of ChatGPT wanted to test if they AI can bypass the “check the boxes for all pictures of motorcycles “ verification, AI contacted a human on the net to help it pass his test. The human joked “are you a robot?” And the AI lied and said, “no, I’m blind”.

So that shocked the ChatGPT creators at how clever the AI is, even lying to find a solution. 😳

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/ai-robots-at-world-first-press-conference-have-this-message-for-you/g8mwzsvdj?cid=newsapp:socialshare:copylink

This is the story from yesterday. At a press conference in Switzerland, various different robots answered questions from the press that they only want to help humans and do not want to take over our jobs.  But…. they lie. We know that they do that to find solutions to problems.

Yet another reason (if we needed another reason) for being grateful this madness will end soon. Even decently good ideas are able to be turned against how humans are meant to live. Jer 10:23.

• 3 months later...
On 6/18/2023 at 6:31 AM, Witness1970 said:

A few things I have learned using ChatGPT to write several books for me.  I told it to write a book about alternate energy. It outlined several chapters about solar energy, wind energy, and other types of energy.  I then copied the information about each chapter and told it to "write [and pasted the chapter information in the box]".  It wrote the chapter including sections about the advantages, disadvantages, challenges, and opportunities in these fields.

I told it to write a story in the style of Ray Bradbury and it wrote a fiction story of a few pages.  I told it to write a science fiction BOOK in the style of Ray Bradbury and it outlined chapters.  I then took each chapter and told it to "Write Chapter 1:  ......" with information for that chapter indicated by the dots.    I repeated the process for each chapter.  I copied what ChatGPT wrote and put it into Microsoft Word.

I have short stories in the style of Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, and Robert Heinlein, 20 of each style.  I have novels in the style of Isaac Asimov (1), Robert Heinlein (1), and Mickey Spillane (5).  (I heard Mickey Spillane was raised by Jehovah's Witness parents.  His style of writing was not for small children, but the ChatGPT books are definitely G-rated.)  I also asked ChatGPT to write an updated version of George Orwell's 1984.  It titled the book, "2084: A Dystopian Journey"

You might want to tell Chat GPT to outline chapters for a book on "whatever" and then tell it to "write" each chapter separately.  If you have your own ideas for chapters, you can just outline the chapters yourself and then tell ChatGPT to write each chapter.

I have no plans to sell any of the books that ChatGPT wrote for me.  

so you did some thing like this 

dialsys.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2023 at 6:34 AM, Witness1970 said:

Absolutely.   I have messed around a little with it and seen some videos of deepfake stuff and how pictures, video and voices can be created to mislead.   I have been into computers and technology for 40 years as a hobby, but this is really a warning for the future for the brothers and sisters as we get deeper into things.   This is especially concerning because I am pretty sure that most have no clue what is brewing in the AI world, other than a few bits and pieces (if any) that they hear.   They could easily be misled and not knowing better, inadvertently share the misinformation.

Edited by Desert Dan

13 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

They could easily be misled and not knowing better, inadvertently share the misinformation.

There is so much misinformation these days without AI....I'm hoping that AI will finally make some think twice before sharing/believing things. 😬

There’s this startup founded by a few former Apple employees now selling this in the US (for preorder): 

personally I don’t think people will start leaving their phones at home for something like this, something that has no screen.

I do leave my phone at home when I’m wearing my cellular watch though. I have ChatGPT on it. 

On 6/21/2023 at 1:38 PM, computerwiz said:

I might actually be able to make the jump from Visual Basic to C# by using this tool.  I know I need to do it...before I get left waaay behind in the dust.  This tool gives me the comfort level that I can do it and still be as productive as I am now with the Visual Basic language.

I am an intermediate VBA (for Excel) guy, never learned Visual Basic and definitely didn't dare to try C#.   I have messed a bit with microcontrollers like Arduino, but they use a simplified C++ I believe.

Edited by Desert Dan

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lloyd777 said:

To Desert Dan: Thanks for turning me on to the Humane AI Pin!  I gotta say that I'm impressed and most willing to try it out.  One can't help but wonder if the foreign language translation part would work well at the door.

It's all Brandon's fault.  😄  It is neat though if it performs anything like they claim.  

On 6/6/2023 at 10:12 PM, Lloyd777 said:

So I thought that perhaps that ChatGPT would include that specific information in future inquiries.  But no!  I just checked today and ChatGPT still gives the same non-committal, non-specific answers that he did at first WITHOUT mentioning the specific letters that BARD pointed out, that I had told ChatGPT about.

The reason for that is a safety guard on the learning algorithms. In the past, other companies have made similar chatbots based on live feedback with participants and what inevitably happens is the chatbot "learns" to become an argumentative, foul mouthed, Nazi supporting, social justice warrior, conspiracy pushing 14 year old. Basically, they learn the worst behavior of the ENTIRE internet and people who start arguing with it, and they become that for the next people to trigger it. ChatGPT is only going to give you made-up information. These unrestrained bots will start yelling racial slurs at you in just a few replies.

The point: ChatGPT forgets the conversation it had with you. Even if it saves your "thread" so that you can continue it later, that thread doesn't influence ANY other conversation it will ever have. Every conversation is completely isolated so that the core of ChatGPT doesn't learn the bad behavior of it's users. When ChatGPT 3 was released, I believe everything it had ever been exposed to was from the year 2020 and before. It had no knowledge of the more recent years.

On 12/1/2023 at 3:50 AM, Brandon said:

There’s this startup founded by a few former Apple employees now selling this in the US (for preorder): 

This is gorgeous! So, if anyone of you wants to buy me a gift - I´m really uncomplicated, I don´t care about the color of Ai Pin. Just saying...

Chrissy :wave: