JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I was playing with the AI Chat GPT extension in my browser. It was very interesting asking it , "Why does the God of the Bible allow wickedness and suffering?" "According to the Lord's Prayer what is God's Kingdom?". Surprising results...

Edited by Skookum

• 2 weeks later...

So, can you use AI to do your telephone territory for you?

Does it have to be qualified as an unbaptized publisher first?

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I asked ChatGPT to write a talk on why we should live simply an be satisfied with what we have based on jw.org.  The talk it wrote fooled a lot of the brothers and sisters in our congregation.  ChatGPT even highlighted specific paragraphs in certain Watchtowers.

24 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

I asked ChatGPT to write a talk on why we should live simply an be satisfied with what we have based on jw.org.  The talk it wrote fooled a lot of the brothers and sisters in our congregation.  ChatGPT even highlighted specific paragraphs in certain Watchtowers.

Wow I was just kidding about writing my talks.

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wow I was just kidding about writing my talks.

I was re-reading the novel "Stand" by EK Jonathon...okay, I was listening to Alexa read it...  It was the part where the government attempted to create a deepfake video to fool the brothers, but no one was fooled because it didn't speak the pure language.  It said "brethren", "the lord", and other things.  I wondered how ChatGPT would do, so I decided to test it.  Well, it did way better than I thought.

Edited by coolbrz731

I have used ChatGPT a lot.  I asked it to write a book about life on paradise earth using JW.ORG. It actually wrote an excellent book.

I have asked it to write poems and it did.  I asked it to write a love song for my wife (using her name) and it did.  I printed it out and she found it. She had tears in her eyes as she read it.  It was not my intention to fool her, but she did like the song.

11 minutes ago, bobby said:

i wounder when some will use ChatGPT to wright a book then the person publishes the book that ChatGPT just  wrote

yeah i didnt see  ChatGPT  on my browser   

Search engines are beginning to use AI.  I think Bing (the Microsoft Edge search engine) basically uses a version of ChatGPT.  

I have Chat GPT on my favorites bar.  https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt   You can skip one page by going to https://chat.openai.com/

One part of the writer's strike is because of ChatGPT.  The writers could be bypassed if people become proficient with ChatGPT or some other AI.

Edited by Witness1970

On 5/18/2023 at 5:52 PM, Tortuga said:

So, can you use AI to do your telephone territory for you?

Does it have to be qualified as an unbaptized publisher first?

:lol1:

Normally I don´t judge, but I guess AI won´t be qualified as an unbaptized publisher because I had a conversation with him some months ago, and we disagreed on God´s personal name. Not a good basis for a publisher.

Chrissy :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

I had an interesting experience with ChatGPT and BARD (Google's version of AI). 

I had acquired several books of Isaac Newton's letters and I especially wanted to read the one's where he commented on the trinity.  The guy wrote a ton of letters, so it wasn't an easy task to just go through them all. So I asked ChatGPT first and "he" reported that Newton did write about the trinity, but ChatGPT couldn't or wouldn't list any specific ones.  I also got a vibe from ChatGPT that felt a bit "watered down" and rather "Christendom-y."  Try asking ChatGPT, "In which of his letters did Sir Isaac Newton discuss the trinity?" and you'll see what I mean. 

So then I asked BARD and "she" did list several specific letters, which was exactly what I was looking for.  (I'm in the process of reading those letters right now!)

So then I went back to ChatGPT and pointed out to him that I had asked him specifically about which letters Newton spoke about the trinity and that he didn't list any of the specific letters, but that when I asked BARD, she did list several of the specific letters.  Well then, ChatGPT was quite gracious in thanking me for the additional information, apologizing for not knowing himself.  So I thought that perhaps that ChatGPT would include that specific information in future inquiries.  But no!  I just checked today and ChatGPT still gives the same non-committal, non-specific answers that he did at first WITHOUT mentioning the specific letters that BARD pointed out, that I had told ChatGPT about.

Lessons learned (for me):  1. I'll probably be more inclined to trust BARD over ChatGPT for any of my future inquiries.  2. ChatGPT doesn't seem to be as quick on the uptake as one might expect.         

Edited by Lloyd777

5 minutes ago, Lloyd777 said:

Lessons learned (for me):  1. I'll probably be more inclined to trust BARD over ChatGPT for any of my future inquiries.  2. ChatGPT doesn't seem to be as quick on the uptake as one might expect.         

I am amazed at how fast Bard comes up with answers vs ChatGPT.  When I was looking for certain quotes from Josephus about the destruction of Jerusalem, I swear I could hear, "uhhhh....ummmm..." coming from my computer the responses took so long.  ChatGPT did pull out the specific information I was looking for so I could include it in a comment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 3:12 PM, Lloyd777 said:

I had an interesting experience with BARD (Google's version of AI). 

So then I asked BARD and "she" did list several specific letters, which was exactly what I was looking for.  (I'm in the process of reading those letters right now!)

Have you watched the 60 Minutes segment on AI / BARD?   Scott Pelley interviewed Sundar Pichai.   Well, Scott Pelley was blown away by what BARD could do.

Then he asked a question about inflation.  BARD came back with five books that explain economics / inflation etc.  WOW!    Until someone went to check those books and, they didn't exist.   BARD invented the titles.  There's a word for this, when AI gives a convincing yet totally false answer.  It's 'Hallucination'.   Defined as Error with Confidence.

Glad you were directed to real letters!

Edited by Doug