JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who want to go to Space ?

Dages

If earth turns out to be the first planet, where Jehovah set the perfect standards, and handled the imperfect issues. where he paid the ultimate price and his son accepted the responsibility by gifting his life, then in just a little over 1,000 years ahead everything will be set in place for a new start. The heavens are cleansed and the earth will be too. Would Jehovah use tried and tested humans to 'go where no man has gone before'?

Maybe some of the 'Star Trek' ideas are not too far off possible, without causing a 'Start Wars'. That's just imo (and I still think Moses might play Charleston Heston)

The sky! What feelings does this word evoke in you, or what emotions overwhelm you when you look at the rising sun, in the night sky you see hundreds of thousands of stars! What do you feel when you lie on silky grass and watch clouds floating past you, high in the sky? Probably it evokes deep and reverent emotions of joy and you realize that this is a very great power and majesty that cannot be grasped and embraced with your hands. Such feelings are caused by the knowledge we comprehend from the Bible about our Creator. We are also grateful to the scientists who help us get a glimpse into a world far away and beyond the reach of our minds. A world that will soon become a reality for people and our home. In fact, people start flying early in their lives. You ask me when that could have happened if I hadn't even flown an airplane. Please think back to playing with your parents. Dad or mom take you in their arms and with tenderness and love start playing with you, throwing you up. Or taking you in such a way, when you find yourself in a horizontal position, lifting you up a little, starting the process of flying all over the apartment or house, creating for you a figurative flight or an air slide. How does the child feel? Feelings of joy caused by uncontrollable laughter, feelings of calm and peace caused by the child's trust in the parent. At such moments, the child asks not to stop playing such games, asking to repeat the flight. No fear, no phobias, just positive emotions! 

Interesting, but doctors explain to us the cause of the phobia or fear. Ignorance, experienced stress, traumas received in situations in which we or our relatives and friends found themselves. We also know we're not perfect, which means we're unreliable.

In speeches, in publications, we are told to envision ourselves in the New World. Our caring Father, Jehovah, like our parent, gently takes us in his arms and says: "Son, daughter, trust me. I will give you everything you need for eternal life, the gates of knowledge and opportunity are open before you. Everything you see is created for you. Not only that, I will let you see more than you can see with your sight. All of eternity is before you, the path to an endless journey. You will not be alone, your family and friends will be with you. Just trust me!" 

I think you'll develop the same trusting feelings as a baby being dropped off by a loving, affectionate father. Peace and tranquility and joy fills your heart! There is no fear, no phobia, you are like a baby screaming with laughter: More, more! Daddy, don't stop, please just a little more. It's so good! 

I love the sky, ever since I was a kid! I haven't flown much in all that time, but the sky is like home to me, like I was born to it. Whenever I was in an airplane, as a little boy, I asked to be seated near the window, and whether we were flying day or night, I was eager to see how we were flying, where we were flying. I delighted in the air pits as if I were on a swing. I loved it when we took off and landed, that feeling in my chest that made me feel great joy.

I have already written that I started parachuting when I was 15 years old (1986, September). Of course, to say that I was not afraid is to say that I would be crazy! Fear is a normal state that Jehovah has put in us. Fear is a defense for people, keeping them from doing wrong. But, I began to prepare and learn from instructors, to grasp the basics of the sport. Long training sessions, to the point of automatism, obliged us to exert ourselves to the utmost responsibility. We were told: "The sky does not forgive mistakes!" I liked it, although sometimes it was boring. We practiced assembling parachutes, doing almost every day this procedure. We made mistakes, we did it again and again. We hung in the classrooms in suspension systems and repeated in our voices what we should do in the sky in different unforeseen situations. A year passed, we were still hoping we would be allowed to make our first jump. This dream never left me and my colleagues in the club. We talked about how we would do it. There was no fear, no hysteria. Just the desire to jump. We had adjacent classes, boys and girls, from 15 years old to 20 years old. And so, it was time for the test! August 1, 1987. The local authorities allowed us to make a parachute jump. They had made an agreement with a flying club in another region, in another city. The city of Kirovograd, where by the way there was a military unit of special forces, Airborne Troops. In this flying club, they also made jumps. I packed my things, my heart was just filled with adrenaline (I don't know how my parents let me go - it's a mystery), the smile never left my face. When we arrived, we were put in a hangar. We arrived at the flying club in advance to repeat the skills of skydiving. And when we rested, lying on the grass. I watched sports planes flying, practicing aerobatics. I was delighted with what I saw. 

August 1, 1987 came, and we were allowed to make our parachute jump. Although we came in the morning, they kept us until the evening, saying that first our own parachutists, and then we. We were just rushing to the sky and were a little indignant. But we tried to remain confident that we would be allowed to jump. And here is the command, on the take-off to the plane. It was a simple small An-2 aircraft. The doctor checked us for blood pressure and said that he was fit, he could jump!  It was getting late in the afternoon, and I boarded the plane by 8:00 p.m. The plane picked up speed and took off. The sun was almost setting over the horizon. Having gained altitude, the pilot leveled the plane and went to the straight for jumps. There were 10 of us on the plane and an instructor. After gaining an altitude of more than 1000 meters, the door opened. A jet of air burst into the cabin from the propellers. The speed of the aircraft was 120 km per hour. The sun had almost set below the horizon. I went to the door at the instructor's command. The wind was blowing all over the cabin. The plane was shaking a little. A clap on the shoulder with the instructor's hand and I, grouped, jumped into the abyss of the magic sky. When the parachute opened, I was just exulting with happiness. It was so beautiful and exciting, I wanted to shout and laugh!

Why did I write about this?

I think that when you are determined to make your dream come true, the desire to achieve the goal strengthens your drive. You're waiting for that time, counting the days and hours, so that the moment will come sooner and you'll do what you've been striving for. The sky is not so scary if you are sure and have enough knowledge. Especially, as I wrote at the beginning, Jehovah himself desires to reveal it to us by creating the universe for us. We will live forever. This means that we need something that will fill our lives with interesting discoveries. 

Just as loving parents strive to create an interesting life for their children, Jehovah prepares us for eternal life and continues to create a training ground in advance where we can express ourselves in all directions!

Edited by Andrey

2 hours ago, Andrey said:

August 1, 1987 came, and we were allowed to make our parachute jump. Although we came in the morning, they kept us until the evening, saying that first our own parachutists, and then we. We were just rushing to the sky and were a little indignant. But we tried to remain confident that we would be allowed to jump. And here is the command, on the take-off to the plane. It was a simple small An-2 aircraft. The doctor checked us for blood pressure and said that he was fit, he could jump!  It was getting late in the afternoon, and I boarded the plane by 8:00 p.m. The plane picked up speed and took off. The sun was almost setting over the horizon. Having gained altitude, the pilot leveled the plane and went to the straight for jumps. There were 10 of us on the plane and an instructor. After gaining an altitude of more than 1000 meters, the door opened. A jet of air burst into the cabin from the propellers. The speed of the aircraft was 120 km per hour. The sun had almost set below the horizon. I went to the door at the instructor's command. The wind was blowing all over the cabin. The plane was shaking a little. A clap on the shoulder with the instructor's hand and I, grouped, jumped into the abyss of the magic sky. When the parachute opened, I was just exulting with happiness. It was so beautiful and exciting, I wanted to shout and laugh!

Why did I write about this?

I think that when you are determined to make your dream come true, the desire to achieve the goal strengthens your drive. You're waiting for that time, counting the days and hours, so that the moment will come sooner and you'll do what you've been striving for. The sky is not so scary if you are sure and have enough knowledge. Especially, as I wrote at the beginning, Jehovah himself desires to reveal it to us by creating the universe for us. We will live forever. This means that we need something that will fill our lives with interesting discoveries. 

Just as loving parents strive to create an interesting life for their children, Jehovah prepares us for eternal life and continues to create a training ground in advance where we can express ourselves in all directions!

We will live forever. This means that we need something that will fill our lives " All is said. With Jehovah everything is possible so : Hello universe, I'm coming.

• 1 month later...

For those who have not memorized the entire Bible:

(Isaiah 45:18)  For this is what Jehovah says, The Creator of the heavens, the true God, The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it, Who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited: “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 10/4/2023 at 2:53 PM, Dages said:

only 12 parsecs left :D 

harrison ford smiling GIF

I heard that Chubaka was arrested in London awhile ago, is that true?

Edited by cme

misspelling

A different view of the Solar system.  In the video, it says that the heliocentric view of the solar system is incorrect.  It isn't incorrect, it is a matter of perspective.  With the heliocentric model. the sun is the center.  But if we could look from a different location in space we would see something like what is in the video.  It may not be 100% accurate, but it does show an interesting perspective as the sun flies through the galaxy and drags the planets along with it.  

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=helical+solar+system&mid=83FAD909BBAA6DC9C8A583FAD909BBAA6DC9C8A5&FORM=VIRE

I asked my wife once if she would prefer to travel through space inside a metal vessel of on a rock.  She said inside a vessel.  Then I told her that all of her life had been spent traveling through space on a huge rock.

Edited by Witness1970

added last paragraph.

• 4 weeks later...

"Our God is in the heavens; ...As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah, вut the earth he has given to the sons of men." (Psalm 115:3, 16)

Will man ever be able to leave Earth and enjoy the vastness of the vast Universe?

What can be said from a Biblical viewpoint? True, man was told by God to ‘multiply and fill the earth.’ (Genesis 1:28) At the same time, he was given intelligence and an insatiable desire to know more about his context, including the biosphere, the stratosphere, and beyond. That context includes our tiny solar system and the stars beyond. Thus, King David was inspired to write some three thousand years ago: “When I see your heavens, the works of your fingers, the moon and the stars that you have prepared, what is mortal man that you keep him in mind, and the son of earthling man that you take care of him?”—Psalm 8:3, 4. 

Regardless of man’s ambitions for outer space, an issue has been raised on our planet that must first be settled by God’s intervention.—Revelation 16:14-16. The Bible shows that Jehovah God, earth’s Maker and Landlord, will soon take action against this planet’s unruly and unrulable tenants. Only the truly meek will be left to inherit the earth. Then only will we get to see what further purposes God has in mind for an obedient human family.—Psalm 37:11, 29; Revelation 11:18; 16:14-16.

g92 9/8 p. 11-15, Space Exploration—What Does the Future Hold? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101992643

On 3/21/2024 at 6:30 AM, Witness1970 said:

A different view of the Solar system.  In the video, it says that the heliocentric view of the solar system is incorrect.  It isn't incorrect, it is a matter of perspective.  With the heliocentric model. the sun is the center.  But if we could look from a different location in space we would see something like what is in the video.  It may not be 100% accurate, but it does show an interesting perspective as the sun flies through the galaxy and drags the planets along with it.  

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=helical+solar+system&mid=83FAD909BBAA6DC9C8A583FAD909BBAA6DC9C8A5&FORM=VIRE

I asked my wife once if she would prefer to travel through space inside a metal vessel of on a rock.  She said inside a vessel.  Then I told her that all of her life had been spent traveling through space on a huge rock.

I should add to my post that all of this helical movement is orderly.  The sun orbits the center of the galaxy and the planets follow along due to gravity.  Everything is orderly.

2 minutes ago, Mike047 said:

Orderly indeed, and we wont be back in this place for around 226 million years. What percentage of eternity is that?

0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000..(I got a finger cramp!)% 😜