JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who want to go to Space ?

Dages

Me and my daughter talk about that a lot.  I even told my wife that if I won a ticket on Blue Origin's rocket, I'm going.  I want to see why the angels applauded when they saw the earth.  A new world bucket list item I have is to go into a cave on another planet, find a gem that can only be created there due to the unique conditions, and bring it back to my wife.  Her attitude is, "You can go.  I'll see you when you get back."😂

I have a tremendous fear of heights - I do not fly. I would pass on any offer to go into space, for now. However, in the NS I hope that I will no longer fear heights and I will be able to go into space and visit other planets. My wife has a "wait and see" attitude about going off planet.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I would love it!!

The New World is going to be so amazing - can we go home now???  :yes:

Are we there yet???

Thanks David.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

My husband wants to go colonize a planet full of Sébillons in the new system if Jehovah permits. Fortunately, for the first 1000 years, I think we'll be on Earth. And while I'd rather not go to space, I'd love hanging out with my husband. So maybe I'll be in space a long, long, long time from now.

I want to live in a space ship. Interplanetary, but in a solar system in the Andromeda galaxy. Maybe around a planet like Nelopia.

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

I love, Love, LOVE the work of Erik Wernquist.

For those who've never heard of him, here's his other great offering:

I watch this video at least twice a week.

Space travel makes sense to me as a Witness, because it's the sort of ting we can do forever. It would take a year or two to learn a new language, or an instrument, but we'll have eternity to fill. An infinite universe to explore seems just the thing.

45 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

I love, Love, LOVE the work of Erik Wernquist.

Same, i'm a fan.

Space travel makes sense to me as a Witness, because it's the sort of ting we can do forever. It would take a year or two to learn a new language, or an instrument, but we'll have eternity to fill. An infinite universe to explore seems just the thing.

So much !

On 10/4/2023 at 7:29 PM, Pikachu said:

My husband wants to go colonize a planet full of Sébillons in the new system if Jehovah permits. Fortunately, for the first 1000 years, I think we'll be on Earth. And while I'd rather not go to space, I'd love hanging out with my husband. So maybe I'll be in space a long, long, long time from now.

My husband has said the same. I think if he wanted to go to Space he may be visiting alone. I love to look up and love seeing documentaries and views from telescopes, but my feet stay here. 😃

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

• 1 month later...

Dages, awesome, awesome.  There has to be a reason that Jehovah created the Universe.  He's an artist!  And we look in awe at His magnificance.

What is man that he should take care of us?  Scriptures say.

The wonder of Jehovah is incomprehensible.  One day we will understand more as we perfect in the New World.  See you there my brother.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2023 at 8:10 PM, Qapla said:

I have a tremendous fear of heights - I do not fly. I would pass on any offer to go into space, for now. However, in the NS I hope that I will no longer fear heights and I will be able to go into space and visit other planets. My wife has a "wait and see" attitude about going off planet.

do not fear,

theres no up or down in space 😄

There may not be any up or down in space but, for now, you have to go quite high to go from the earth into space riding a giant Roman Candle - maybe, when we are allowed to travel to other planets, we will be able to beam up to a starship.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

two words my friend 

transporter room

Edited by bobby

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2023 at 7:10 PM, Qapla said:

You are my height phobia mate welcome to the club. I wonder what will be of me any time I will take the flight because I believe one day I will have no option than to take a flight 

1 hour ago, Asele said:

Tu es mon pote phobique des tailles, bienvenue au club. Je me demande ce que je serai à chaque fois que je prendrai l'avion parce que je crois qu'un jour je n'aurai pas d'autre choix que de prendre l'avion. 

You will perhaps have earache, like me, you will have heartache, like me, but the clouds will be submissive to you, whipped cream under your feet. So you will forget your ears and your heart and you will only be amazed eyes. The truth is: you won't have much of a choice, going out in mid-flight is not an option😘