JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

7 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

Well I stand corrected.  I guess because people have hinted that I sent unverified information even though I said I got it first hand, I'm a little sensitive to when it happens to other people.  

You got it from br. Lucioni? If so, did he give you permission to post or share it with others? He might not approve of that.

If you didn't get it from him, but from someone else in that group, You need to ask the same thing. Do you think he want's to be used as such an example in this way?

And it still can be a fake, that brother send to you. There are so many questions to be answered, and you don't provide much info, then "send to me." 

It's these things that make me react, and I might come on hard. I often hear that, but as an Autistic brother, I have no filter. I just see what I see, and recall the warnings. I might be a pain in the backside, but I rather warn then seeing my brothers and sisters tumble.

If you receive something, try and get it veryfied.

This was just such an example I was afraid of. For years I told those discussing beards, that if the brothers announced it was allowed again, many would grow beards (nothing wrong with that, I have one to for over 10 years) and cause a stir. 

I think 42 pages prove how much it has been on the minds though, isn't it?

And I hope especially those whith skin problems can ease up now, and have a good well being. Like myself, shaving was always a horrible experience.

Edited by Rodejong

Clarifying

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

Friends, I believe there is no reason for so much fuss regarding Brother Robert Luccioni.

Whether he appears with a beard or not, what does it matter?

Brother Lett said we shouldn't argue. If he appears with a beard will that be an example? A bad example? A good example?

If the photo is true, great. If it were a montage, what would influence our faith?

Whether he has a beard or not, he will continue to be one of the helping brothers of the Governing Body and an example of faith for us. It is not an example of wearing a beard or not wearing a beard.

I actually don't understand why there is so much discomfort with this photo.

This ends up generating an unpleasant atmosphere of unnecessary hitting and re-hitting.

Edited by Araujo JW

10 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

Well I stand corrected.  I guess because people have hinted that I sent unverified information even though I said I got it first hand, I'm a little sensitive to when it happens to other people.  

Chris I apologize, I just saw the pic, I missed the part where you said it was verified. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 hour ago, Araujo JW said:

Brother Lett said we shouldn't argue. If he appears with a beard will that be an example? A bad example? A good example?

I didn’t see anyone arguing about it as an example or not....we just wanted to be sure it wasn’t a fake.

That’s all. :coffee:

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

4 hours ago, truce said:

"We just don't know." 😄

"We just don’t want to know” :lol:

3 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

Friends, I believe there is no reason for so much fuss regarding Brother Robert Luccioni.

Whether he appears with a beard or not, what does it matter?

If the photo is true, great. If it were a montage, what would influence our faith?

Whether he has a beard or not, he will continue to be one of the helping brothers of the Governing Body and an example of faith for us. It is not an example of wearing a beard or not wearing a beard.

I actually don't understand why there is so much discomfort with this photo.

This ends up generating an unpleasant atmosphere of unnecessary hitting and re-hitting.

The matter taya me.... even if the picture were fake, so what? 🤷 It's  not like there's anything morally questionable about wearing a beard. I get that as Jehovah's people, we really wouldn't want to be promoting untruths, but it seems to me that some feel that it is IMPOSSIBLE for brothers like Luccioni or Jackson to grow a beard. Almost as if they don't want it to happen. We should be happy to embrace change. 😊 

10 hours ago, JonE said:

No the climate control was from the water canopy, so that didn’t change until during the flood.

Really? I need to research this. Please point me in the right direction. :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

10 minutes ago, Thike Salvmu said:

Why are so many people seemingly obsessed with beards? I genuinely don't understand and seek an explanation.

It's a major cultural shift.  People like me have been told since the 80's, and for some even the 60's beards=bad.  You have a beard, you won't have privileges or ever be appointed.  Then, suddenly, that reverses.  I can understand why some wouldn't see this as a big deal because they haven't been exposed to that for a long time, or, in other countries, they've never experienced that.  But for many of us, this is earth shattering.  On the level of not reporting hours anymore.

We've had discussions that lasted for months in the 80's and 90's over some changes, but, there was no social media to talk about it on.  So, instead of a 40 page thread, you had a month long conversation.  You wouldn't hear, "why is there so many pages on the reports".  You'd hear, "Y'all still talking about this?"😂

3 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

It's a major cultural shift.  People like me have been told since the 80's, and for some even the 60's beards=bad.  You have a beard, you won't have privileges or ever be appointed.  Then, suddenly, that reverses.  I can understand why some wouldn't see this as a big deal because they haven't been exposed to that for a long time, or, in other countries, they've never experienced that.  But for many of us, this is earth shattering.  On the level of not reporting hours anymore.

We've had discussions that lasted for months in the 80's and 90's over some changes, but, there was no social media to talk about it on.  So, instead of a 40 page thread, you had a month long conversation.  You wouldn't hear, "why is there so many pages on the reports".  You'd hear, "Y'all still talking about this?"😂

Insightful. 

While they were preparing the meal, he fell into a trance and saw heaven opened and something descending like a great linen sheet being let down by its four corners on the earth; and in it were all sorts of facial hair: goatees, soul patches and stubble. Then a voice said to him: “Get up, Peter, stop shaving!” But Peter said: “Not at all, Lord, because I have never grown anything but a mustache so that I won’t appear unclean.” And the voice spoke again to him, the second time: “Stop calling defiled the things God has cleansed.”

1 hour ago, Thike Salvmu said:

Why are so many people seemingly obsessed with beards? I genuinely don't understand and seek an explanation.

https://jwtalk.net/topic/56696-2023-governing-body-update-8-beards/?do=findComment&comment=967675

53 minutes ago, Mike047 said:

If I could grow the hair on my head, that I could grow on my chin I would be very happy.

Just an idea. :lol1:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/56696-2023-governing-body-update-8-beards/?do=findComment&comment=966071

Edited by Pjdriver

1 hour ago, Old said:

Really? I need to research this. Please point me in the right direction. :D

Wait! No! Tell him you are only kidding!!!

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

I didn’t see anyone arguing about it as an example or not....we just wanted to be sure it wasn’t a fake

I will let everyone in something about me. In my LDC photo I did not like the photo, so I edited it to have a better smile. It's still me, just with the smile and teeth I wanted. 

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

1 minute ago, Doug said:

He's clean shaven in the latest Morning Worship "Honor the Superior Authorities"    2024-01-19

That's true, but when was that originally recorded?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D