JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your favorite "Watering Hole"

While out in service this morning, the brother I was working with mentioned a comment by a member of Canadian Branch committee at yesterday's ( Friday ) convention in Kitchener, ON.

Bro. Ken Little mentioned-how much time are you spending at "Tim Horton's"? Timmy's is a major coffee/donut shop in Canada with a few outlets in the U.S. - however U.S. uses a different coffee supplier ( not as good- ask any Canadian :thumbsup: )

Some now do prefer McD's or if they have one-even a Starbucks. :sleeping:

Thus my question- What is your favorite watering ( err coffee ) hole?

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

When I was in "big city" territory, it was Starbucks. HOWEVER, now I'm in the backside of nowhere rural Mississippi. Coffee? Ha. You pack your own. :coffee: Or you mooch from someone who was smart enough to bring a thermos! I LOVE people who share!

Everyone here meets at costa, a coffee house. But If I'm honest I'm not keen its really expensive and noisy. I prefer taking my own or mc ds also. We also have an eden project cafe in the town now which I loooove all the food is grown at eden so very yummy!

Since this is more about physical food and refreshment, let's move the topic over to "A Banquet of Well-Oiled Dishes."

Here locally we go to Starbucks during early morning service. It's outside the territory, but we do parking lot visits to keep our time going on the way there and back. It's something nice to look forward to in those early morning hours.

For a mid morning break we usually stop at Giant Eagle, one of our local grocery stores. This store has a little area where you can sit and drink coffee, eat a pastry, salad or hot food items and relax for a bit. Really, Giant Eagle is the only break spot, in my opinon. LOL.

we had a visit from a couple of Brothers from the Canadian Bethel.

We meet at starbuck and i like a Caramel Macchiato.

but if it is my turn to buy then its just a black coffee.

But on a Saturday morning there are a few Elders out. And we have to go to Krispy kreme.

I LOVE Gloria Jeans....Caramel/ vanilla cappacino, with a crostolli or any cafe on or near the beach

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Some of the friends in Greeley go to The Human Bean, a drive up coffee and assorted specialty drinks store, (also pretty expensive) but most of the friends, from all 6 congregations prefer the Kum& Go convenience store because they have the cleanest restrooms.