JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How is it possible that he was 80?? Where have I been that time has slipped by me so fast!!?

https://news.yahoo.com/david-soul-death-singer-starsky-143555690.html

Soul’s wife confirmed the news in a statement

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

9 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

I’m just curious, but is it really necessary to start a thread for EVERY celebrity that dies?

Please let each member enjoy this site the way they want to and share the information they want to share. You don't have to look or comment if you don't want to.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Whenever I learn that a celebrity dies, I imagine the resurrection that person could have. It will be great to see people who did not have the opportunity or conditions to study the Bible and come to know Jehovah.  Many of these people live in a sad way, without freedom, without expectations, many famous people feel empty even when surrounded by people!

Posted (edited)

Grace, I shared it because David was part of my growing up years, I watched Starsky and Hutch the whole time it was on. He was the hearthrob of that generation. 

Another point is - have you seen how many stars/former stars have died? YouTube has a channel that shows how many there are, it astounding. Many I don't know anything about because they were before my time or the younger ones after my time. But when one of the ones I used to be a fan of and consider to be my contemporary dies it shocks me. Makes me humble, how short life is.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I need to learn to read better. I thought you were talking about King David and his soul had died at death. Interesting what are minds see. I see this often in comments on worldly sites, where a person reads the headline but not the article. They make comments without reading the information first. Kind of like anwering a question at the Watchtower without reading the paragraph or study article.

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

David Soul is a soul no more...

How did Cheryl’s reaction register twice 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, dove said:

How did Cheryl’s reaction register twice 

Screenshot_20240105_150203.thumb.jpg.4c80f12f6346522bd1654472c7139ec5.jpg

Good question.  Many times, I cannot even get it to register once. :D

Cheryl is obviously "special".💜👍

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 3 weeks later...