JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

profession in new world!

I would like to work with water. Im fascinated by the flow of water. My son is named River. 

Maybe some ressurected ones can teach me how to build  water wheels and wooden gears that operate  different equipment.

I would also  like to design pools flowing through gardens and build bridges and stairs . 

I also like heavy equipment, I would enjoy using up fuel with left over BullDozers to clear land. Have lunches under oak trees with my ressurected family that were heavy equipment operators ,  then go back to bulldozing. 

Also mail delivery by airplane. Taildraggers . Preferably meeting  up with brother " Old".

If I see a Cessna 170 laying around., you can guarantee im gonna try to fire it up. Granted, i only know how to fly RC airplanes and  Flight Simulators. But still, unless an angel stops me. Im cranking that baby up.

Clear!

For non pilots..thats a joke at the end. Pilots yell CLEAR before starting engine. But now that I've explained it. Its not really funny because explaining jokes is never funny. Lol

Edited by Tsheppar

Non Pilot Humor

Brothers Jimi and Jerry raised a very interesting topic. I thought about this too. An ideal life is a life without injuries? Trauma (from ancient Greek τραῦμα “wound”) My point of view is NO, since we are flesh, and our bodies tend to wear out and get injured. For he well knows how we are formed, remembering that we are dust. (Psalms 103:14)

Edited by Andrey

1 hour ago, Andrey said:

Les frères Jimi et Jerry ont soulevé un sujet très intéressant. J'y ai pensé aussi. Une vie idéale est-elle une vie sans blessures ? Traumatisme (du grec ancien τραῦμα « blessure ») Mon point de vue est NON, puisque nous sommes chair et que notre corps a tendance à s'user et à se blesser.  Car il sait bien comment nous sommes formés, se rappelant que nous sommes poussière. ( Psaumes 103:14)

I have often imagined Jesus as a child, having fun with other children in the neighborhood. Can we imagine that when he raced with his friends, he never scraped his knees? We grew up experiencing a lot of domestic injuries and Jesus had to go through them, at least that's what I believe. Everything was repaired perfectly for him and for us too, but imperfectly. In the NW, I don't see how we could avoid the sores of human life, but no threat to life itself.

14 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

I have often imagined Jesus as a child, having fun with other children in the neighborhood. Can we imagine that when he raced with his friends, he never scraped his knees? We grew up experiencing a lot of domestic injuries and Jesus had to go through them, at least that's what I believe. Everything was repaired perfectly for him and for us too, but imperfectly. In the NW, I don't see how we could avoid the sores of human life, but no threat to life itself.

I agree. We were clearly created to heal from injuries, not be impenetrable.

I'm only uncertain how we will handle them. A scraped knee can certainly be left alone, but what about a broken arm? Will we set the bone and use a cast or will an angel provide an instant healing? 

Why did I think about this topic - trauma in the New World? Some brothers and sisters idealize this life, believing that everything will be perfect in Paradise. I understand them, and I look forward to the time when Jehovah will heal us, restore us to health, and restore us to eternal life in beautiful conditions! But I noticed during the conversations that some were categorical and sure that injuries are a sign of imperfection! I'm not talking about a safety violation. Running through the grass, passing by thorny bushes and cacti, we inflict wounds on ourselves.

Eh...not sure, personally wouldn't mind becoming an international volunteer, traveling every corner of the globe helping people build their houses and welcoming reception centers for the Resurrected.

After Armageddon, my immediate concern would be to find every weapon and destroy them, and from the salvaged metal, forge useful items such as tools, things like that, etc.

Would also like to study new kinds of animals...the possibilities are endless.

We don't know everything about what will happen in the future.

But we know that the future holds blessings that are wonderful and everlasting.

Sent from my Power Armor 13 using Tapatalk

It would be good to get together for a meeting to resolve what exactly we don't know about this topic. I have scheduled a meeting for the Pacific NW Jellyspoons  you are invited, tune in next Wednesday:

You are invited!!!

I come before you, to stand behind you,
To tell you something I know nothing about.
Next Thursday, which is Good Friday,
There will be a mothers' meeting for fathers only.
Admission is free; pay at the door.
Pull up a seat and sit on the floor.
We will be discussing the four corners of the round table.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

22 hours ago, Andrey said:

Why did I think about this topic - trauma in the New World? Some brothers and sisters idealize this life, believing that everything will be perfect in Paradise. I understand them, and I look forward to the time when Jehovah will heal us, restore us to health, and restore us to eternal life in beautiful conditions! But I noticed during the conversations that some were categorical and sure that injuries are a sign of imperfection! I'm not talking about a safety violation. Running through the grass, passing by thorny bushes and cacti, we inflict wounds on ourselves.

Yeah, the fact the body can heal itself is evidence that injuries could still be possible imo. 

On 1/19/2024 at 2:19 PM, Mike047 said:

I think I would really like to be able to develop my ministry skills. All my spiritual life there have been very few people I have had the privilege of helping through a bible study, and I think, with new scrolls added to what we already have, there will be some tremendous new opportunities.

Apart from that - I will rewatch "Groundhog Day", because  it would be great to learn not just a skill but the mastery of it.

Yes! Next to death (and closely related to it) lack of time can be one of our enemies! (Although I suppose for some the enemy may be too much time 🤔😅)

Perhaps I could be an overtaker ... you know, the opposite of an undertaker. Instead of helping put dead people to rest, I could help direct resurrected people as they wake from that rest.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

8 hours ago, LeolaRootStew said:

would like to run a hotel.

In my paradise home designs...i tend to  design Hotel Homes  with google SketchUp.  I started with modest and small homes... Then at a congregation gathering in a home  where there was not enough room. I realized...gotta go big. The earth will be full of people , and my home will probably accommodate ones passing through or learning. Funny thing.. i do not like people , they drain me. . Odd to hear a Jehovah Witness say that Huh ? I don't. Im a life long witness too. Im perfectly fine all by myself. That said..I realize my personality  may change.

So I design huge homes. I gravitate towards 1930s Mediterranean luxury styles since often they were more interested in natural ventilation and such at that point in time.

I think  hotel is great idea. 

And I will make sure to have a fully  equipped cabana  house about  50 yards away,  by a pool that I can escape to if needed....

To get away...

from all the people. Hahhahhaha🤣

2 hours ago, Tsheppar said:

In my paradise home designs...i tend to  design Hotel Homes  with google SketchUp.  I started with modest and small homes... Then at a congregation gathering in a home  where there was not enough room. I realized...gotta go big. The earth will be full of people , and my home will probably accommodate ones passing through or learning. Funny thing.. i do not like people , they drain me. . Odd to hear a Jehovah Witness say that Huh ? I don't. Im a life long witness too. Im perfectly fine all by myself. That said..I realize my personality  may change.

So I design huge homes. I gravitate towards 1930s Mediterranean luxury styles since often they were more interested in natural ventilation and such at that point in time.

And I will make sure to have a fully  equipped cabana  house about  50 yards away,  by a pool that I can escape to if needed....

To get away...

Show us your Sketchup creations :D 

6 hours ago, Tsheppar said:

To get away...

Sounds like you are an introvert - so am I. I wouldn't be quick to assume it's a character defect that will be "fixed" in the NS. God made some of us this way.

I've always imagined my house would be a little difficult to get to because I instinctively don't want to be mobbed by people.