JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

profession in new world!

So many exciting things to contemplate.. I want to do many things and learn them well. To start, maybe have a bed and breakfast to welcome back many resurrected ones. Be able to teach others and learn from them as well. Travel the globe and learn to use the earth's bounty to nourish and delight our senses. Write. I love words. 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

1 hour ago, LeslieDean said:

I know Jehovah will fill your hearts desires but I SEE YOU with traveling companion. Yes, husband if you will. Because I know you would make a perfect partner for some unsuspecting, fortunate man.

🤐

At first, postman, to make sure we all get the proper information between the local congratulations if there is no more Internet / phone.

Then, surveyor/cartographer to help the rebuilding and urbanisation planning.

Then space explorer, but that's for later :D

I have built 3 houses starting from the ground up.  2 were completed and sold.  I have a lot of ideas for construction in the new system.  I would like to incorporate several ideas into my house and would be very willing to help others in their construction projects.

I have built several antennas for TV reception, some directional antennas, and some omnidirectional antennas.  They worked better than the ones they sell in stores and cost half as much.  What kind of RF transmissions will we have in Paradise Earth?   Maybe I could help out in transmitting photos that @Hope takes.

I enjoy working with computers.  I have spreadsheets to keep up with budgets and genealogy and a lot of records of various sorts.

Maybe some of those skills will be useful in Paradise.

43 minutes ago, Mike047 said:

Je me demande si tout l’univers physique est là pour que nous puissions le comprendre pleinement. Il est matériel dans sa construction et a donc peut-être bien plus de signification pour nous que pour les anges.

'À l'infini et au-delà'!

I'm sure of it, Mike.

3 hours ago, Dages said:

Dans un premier temps, facteur, pour s'assurer que nous recevons tous les informations appropriées entre les félicitations locales s'il n'y a plus Internet/téléphone.

Ensuite, géomètre/cartographe pour aider à la planification de la reconstruction et de l'urbanisation.

Puis Space Explorer, mais c'est pour plus tard:D

How lovely, David. Postman... I hadn't thought of that. But in my opinion, you and your horse or your bicycle will quickly become unemployed. I have the idea that Jehovah will keep the Internet active after Armageddon. The film about Jesus is hanging there, and we are going to need it quickly. This week's Watchtower study teaches us that discouragement can quickly set in if things are not moving in Jehovah's pace. We need the Son to help us tune into the rhythm of heaven. So...

2 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

How lovely, David. Postman... I hadn't thought of that. But in my opinion, you and your horse or your bicycle will quickly become unemployed. I have the idea that Jehovah will keep the Internet active after Armageddon. The film about Jesus is hanging there, and we are going to need it quickly. This week's Watchtower study teaches us that discouragement can quickly set in if things are not moving in Jehovah's pace. We need the Son to help us tune into the rhythm of heaven. So...

Yeah, that's just a possibility in case there is no internet. I imagine that Elon musk's Starlink will be used though. That's convenient.

uss akron aviation GIF200.gif

1) Airship pilot (it won't explode, I promise) to deliver mail or goods, or to conduct research.

2) Environmental impact studies

3) City planning/sustainability 

4) Dancer

5) Archivist/historian (especially of family lines, Armageddon stories, and the history of towns built in the NS)

6) Whale Rider

Every Day Travel GIF by Coldplay

5 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

uss akron aviation GIF200.gif

1) Piloter un dirigeable (il n'explosera pas, promis) pour livrer du courrier ou des marchandises, ou pour mener des recherches.

2) Etudes d'impact environnemental

3) Urbanisme/durabilité 

4) Danseur

5) Archiviste/historien (en particulier des lignées familiales, des histoires d'Armageddon et de l'histoire des villes construites en Nouvelle-Écosse)

6) Cavalier de baleine

GIF de voyage quotidien par Coldplay

I love the last one. Who ate your leg, Captain Ahab? Guess Jehovah will have to set up a gill manufacturing workshop. I'd like to become a craftsman to help your dream come true.

I'm learning a lot about personalities with this thread...🥰

8 hours ago, Dages said:

At first, postman, to make sure we all get the proper information between the local congratulations if there is no more Internet / phone.

Then, surveyor/cartographer to help the rebuilding and urbanisation planning.

Then space explorer, but that's for later :D

Just think, you could be the guy to prove, once and for all, the shape of the Earth!

200.gifthe outer limits GIFWorld Spinning GIF by performance.io

Shaun The Sheep Movie Ok GIF

Would it not be truly great if Jehovah chooses to bring back creatures that have gone extinct by man's carelessness.

What a project to discover every living thing on earth, from the microscopic to the colossal!

And properly categorise the skeletal remains of creatures that died early on in God's earthly creation and discover how old they really were.

17 hours ago, Hope said:

A synonym for profession is also "job".  We will all have jobs, work to do.  And some will be "professionals" or expert at those jobs, probably teachers - masters with journeyman and apprentices.

I guess it all depends on your view/understanding/definition of the two words. To me, a profession is something a person does for a lifetime while a job is something someone does when it needs doing.

I have done many jobs during my secular endeavors. Some of them paid well and others, not so much. However, I never had a particular job that I was identified as - like a plumber, electrician, doctor, accountant, etc.

To some, the terms may be interchangeable/synonymous ... and that is fine - to me, they are not. All I ask is you let me have my veiw of these term the same as you have your view of them.

17 hours ago, trottigy said:

I personally believe we will have some simple method of money that assists with bartering. No need to worry about counterfeiting and with everyone being honest... it's a great tool.

Personally, I do not think we will have any method of payment. Many view the monetary system as "greed-based", so they think we will bater. Well, a simple definition of money is "a rapid means of barter" - therefore, barter is also a greed-based system.

I see the NS being more like RBC/LDC, We each go and do our job and are taken care of wile we do so. I have been on many, many RBC/LDC projects, including working on Warwick back in 2015. I have never wanted for food to eat or a place to sleep. I have never had pay for either, nor was I charged for either.

I think, in the NS, we will just do whatever is asked of us without any renumeration. Likewise, we will be able to use/keep whatever we need without cost. A love-based system ... instead of a greed-based system.

So, to sum this up, I would use the term "skill" or "skilled-worker" rather than "profession" of "professional" ... YMMV

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Personally, I do not think we will have any method of payment. Many view the monetary system as "greed-based", so they think we will bater. Well, a simple definition of money is "a rapid means of barter" - therefore, barter is also a greed-based system.

I see the NS being more like RBC/LDC, We each go and do our job and are taken care of wile we do so. I have been on many, many RBC/LDC projects, including working on Warwick back in 2015. I have never wanted for food to eat or a place to sleep. I have never had pay for either, nor was I charged for either.

I think, in the NS, we will just do whatever is asked of us without any renumeration. Likewise, we will be able to use/keep whatever we need without cost. A love-based system ... instead of a greed-based system.

I don't think money is a greed-based system, it's a conversion system. It converts labor, time, and goods into something that can be exchanged more easily. It can help you to appreciate the work that goes into a project and the value of someone's time and labor.

Now that doesn't mean that everything in the world will have a price. I can easily see things like food, schooling, and public housing being free after you sign up for it, but I can also see the utility of currency.

43 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

I don't think money is a greed-based system, it's a conversion system. It converts labor, time, and goods into something that can be exchanged more easily. It can help you to appreciate the work that goes into a project and the value of someone's time and labor.

Now that doesn't mean that everything in the world will have a price. I can easily see things like food, schooling, and public housing being free after you sign up for it, but I can also see the utility of currency.

I agree with your thoughts. If greed, corruption, ego, etc. were out of the picture, money could serve as simply a way to document "bartering points" for example. If I work so many hours at my trade, producing a product or service needed by others, then I have earned so many points, useful for obtaining something I need, or just desire. We notice that Jehovah did not require the Israelites, under the Law to forsake the use of money.

2 hours ago, Jimi-L said:

I would like to be a doctor.

As we are made to heal from broken bones to cuts ... It's likely that was done as accidents can always happen/ so, you'll be needed - especially for the 1,000 k as construction is done and people are newly resurrected. They will all likely have questions they'd love to talk to a doctor about. That's a great choice.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

5 hours ago, navco said:

im a wastewater water operator since perfect people will still be dropping loads into the toilets. I could work there in a more biologically advance plant which probably will not  need many  workers but you could check its operation on occasion or  repair or replace old parts.

You are the REAL MVP... 😉❤️ 

12 hours ago, trottigy said:

As we are made to heal from broken bones to cuts ... It's likely that was done as accidents can always happen/ so, you'll be needed - especially for the 1,000 k as construction is done and people are newly resurrected. They will all likely have questions they'd love to talk to a doctor about. That's a great choice.

And i specifically counted on the fact that I wouldn't be needed. Now i have to change my plans!

What about politician?

(On the other hand, I didn't mention a spesific field. I could become a doctor of philosophy)

Edited by Jimi-L

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it.