i would love to be an engineer on a star ship

Edited by bobby

14 hours ago, bobby said:

that ship didnt have a warp drive it, had a Spore Drive

it was the Excelsior that had the Trans warp drive 

all other ship had warp drive 

and dont forget the quantum slipstream drive from voyager 

i would love to be an engineer on a star ship

I was thinking of the Star Trek movie instead of the 'Star Trek Discovery' series.  My mistake.

Much of the Star Trek ideology has been looked at, sometimes laughed at, but aspects of the whole idea of space travel have been reconsidered. As James T Kirk would say 'engage'.

Imaginative physicists have long been pondering the ultimate propulsion system: A way in which a spaceship could dash from sun to sun, just like the USS Enterprise did. This is research at the fringe of science: not necessarily wrong but spiced with a large pinch of optimistic salt.

The fact that any scientists are considering the idea at all today is thanks to a paper by Mexican theoretical physicist Miguel Alcubierre. At the time, of writing his paper, in the 1990's, Alcubierre was not just a passionate Star Trek devotee. In his doctoral thesis at the University of Wales in Cardiff, Alcubierre also worked on the theory of relativity. Strictly speaking, the theory states that nothing can travel faster than light. But by applying a little creativity, Alcubierre identified an apparent loophole.

Based on his discovery, Alcubierre surmised that it would only be a small step to a warp drive. If spacetime were contracted in front of a spaceship and expanded behind it to compensate, it would be possible to travel to one’s destination at a speed faster than light. The ship would remain encapsulated in a bubble, and the crew would not sense the magnitude of the interstellar journey. In a 2017 lecture, Alcubierre compared it to being on a passenger conveyor belt at the airport: “You can imagine that the floor behind you is being created out of nothing and in front of you it is being destroyed, so you move along.”

But formulating this idea in the language of general relativity immediately gives rise to major practical problems. In his explanation he noted that you would need some form of negative energy radiating a kind of antigravity, to radically deform spacetime. For most physicists, that was the end of the thought experiment. Energy—which according to Einstein’s formula E=mcis equivalent to unconstrained mass—seems like it must, by definition, be positive. But according to quantum theory, it can indeed have a negative value. This seems to occur only in rare special cases, however—on a tiny scale. In the so-called Casimir effect, for example, the quantities involved are so minuscule that any technological application seems absurd.

Maybe there are some unknowns that are there to be learned, in the future, but until then, if I can't be beamed up, will someone kindly take me to the shops.

The amount of energy needed is huge... That's why I imagine Jehovah helping this process :D 

Like the universe being like a pillow, and Jehovah pinch it to make one part touch the other and we would cross this thin space to move from star to star, or galaxy to galaxy :D 

There is no limit with what Jehovah can do ! It's so exciting !

8 hours ago, Dages said:

The amount of energy needed is huge... That's why I imagine Jehovah helping this process :D 

Like the universe being like a pillow, and Jehovah pinch it to make one part touch the other and we would cross this thin space to move from star to star, or galaxy to galaxy :D 

There is no limit with what Jehovah can do ! It's so exciting !

Jehovah when creating Universe already knew and decided whether humans will be allowed to travel between galaxies. 

So this is firmly set in stone. (we just don't know the answer) 

Here we are in 2024 pondering the question how... how? 

First we need to find out Jehovah's view on it ( I tend on the side that travel will be possible) 

Is the desire to travel universe unreasonable? unachievable? 

I think is not ..because we are created with the desire to learn and explore, this is something that Jehovah put in us. 

So...if this is Jehovah's will for us, the future will be amazing. 

There is "only" 🤣😜 according to NASA 100 billion planets in a Milky Way galaxy ... if only 2% -5% of them are exciting enough to explore then we have vast amount of future discovery in our own Galaxy alone. Not to mention the rest of the Universe. (I recon making known and fully understand what is in our Milky Way would take us billions of years to study and exploration.) 

I have this theory that Universe is our storehouse for various minerals that can be imported to earth ...:whistling:(55 Cancri e planet) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

5 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Jehovah when creating Universe already knew and decided whether humans will be allowed to travel between galaxies. 

So this is firmly set in stone. (we just don't know the answer) 

Here we are in 2024 pondering the question how... how? 

First we need to find out Jehovah's view on it ( I tend on the side that travel will be possible) 

Is the desire to travel universe unreasonable? unachievable? 

I think is not ..because we are created with the desire to learn and explore, this is something that Jehovah put in us. 

So...if this is Jehovah's will for us, the future will be amazing. 

There is "only" 🤣😜 according to NASA 100 billion planets in a Milky Way galaxy ... if only 2% -5% of them are exciting enough to explore then we have vast amount of future discovery in our own Galaxy alone. Not to mention the rest of the Universe. (I recon making known and fully understand what is in our Milky Way would take us billions of years to study and exploration.) 

I have this theory that Universe is our storehouse for various minerals that can be imported to earth ...:whistling:(55 Cancri e planet) 

Maybe the New World Explorer will become Galaxy Explorer?

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)