JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Donald Trump selling Bibles

6 minutes ago, Parale said:

Interesting commentry from the New York Times today....

The Church of Trump: How He’s Infusing Christianity Into His Movement

Ending many of his rallies with a churchlike ritual and casting his prosecutions as persecution, the former president is demanding — and receiving — new levels of devotion from Republicans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/01/us/politics/trump-2024-religion.html?ugrp=u&unlocked_article_code=1.hE0.Je4p.Cw5UQlIT1qAs&smid=url-share

We will pray for God and we will pray with God.

Oh, puleeze!

36 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I thought I made that very clear in my earlier comments...

Crystal clear. Clear as a blue sky. I agree with you Richard.

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It's not difficult at for me at all. I have absolutely no idea what any of the political candidates are saying. All of the political candidates are the same - political candidates, and I ignore them equally.

Please don't confuse any of my comments about Mr Trump, they have nothing to do with politics. I thought I made that very clear in my earlier comments...

Same here. He repulses me for the sort of person he projects himself to be, not for any political reason.  Plus - he looks awful and sounds worse. :P 

3 hours ago, Parale said:

Interesting commentry from the New York Times today....

The Church of Trump: How He’s Infusing Christianity Into His Movement

Ending many of his rallies with a churchlike ritual and casting his prosecutions as persecution, the former president is demanding — and receiving — new levels of devotion from Republicans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/01/us/politics/trump-2024-religion.html?ugrp=u&unlocked_article_code=1.hE0.Je4p.Cw5UQlIT1qAs&smid=url-share

Isn’t that what most politicians do, look for worship in one way or another?  I think some are just way more egotistical than others and more successful at garnering worship. 
I remember the fervor the first time Obama ran for president. I always felt like those who supported him talked like he was the messiah. 
Not to say I think Obama and Trumps personalities are anything alike 🤢

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

15 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I remember seeing this some time ago. Is he a serious Christian?

I mean….answered your own question with that one lol

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Please don't confuse any of my comments about Mr Trump, they have nothing to do with politics

No confusion. I can clearly see for most here it appears to be regarding the person not the politics. Still, neutrality is a great protection: 

The apostle Paul wrote: “Continue reminding them [Christians in Crete] to be in subjection and be obedient to governments and authorities as rulers, to be ready for every good work, to speak injuriously of no one, not to be belligerent, to be reasonable, exhibiting all mildness toward all men.” (Titus 3:1, 2). 

I mean in that sense. 😊

Edited by Eejay

1 hour ago, Tsheppar said:

It goes both ways. 

Trump is an idiot. 

Biden is an idiot. 

All politicians outside of Jehovah's government are idiots. 

Id like to see some more Biden Jokes here ! Lol ! Cause it sure is seeming one sided. 

Screenshot_20240404-232814_Google.jpg

Yes both Joe and Don are immoral men.

Joe had an affair with Jill while she was still married to her first husband.

Joe  assaulted Tara Reid while married to Jill.

Joe's daughter Ashley claims Joe did vulgar tings.

It's broadcasted far and wide about Don's evil deeds but Joe's are swept under the carpet. Why is that?

We are neutral so we know all these politicians are satan's puppets, but sometimes you'd never know it. Joe is not a respectable person either. Let's give equal time to both players. 

3 hours ago, Fallbrookian said:

Let's give equal time to both players. 

It's funny Iiving on the other side of the pond and looking in from the outside.

All of American politics is viewed as a freak show by most people in the UK...and definitely by people in the congregations!

Equal time is given to both players...pretty much no time.

When Trump was in he was just 'the president of the USA' now Biden is in it's the same. They're kind of viewed by most people as the "actor" currently playing the role - in the same way as we can think of countless actors that have played Sherlock Holmes in dramatisations of the novels  for instance. 

Who they are as humans seems largely irrelevant. They're all vile and we know how they got to the position they got to, and it wasn't through their Christian morals.

One of the things on JWtalk that has shocked me to the core is all the clear political biases.

Some people give the rider "of course I'm neutral in politics" but only after clearly "showing their knickers" as my mum used to call it, leaving us all in no uncertain terms as to how they would vote if it wasn't prohibited.

Edited by Frances Bennett

Trump is the modern day "Pharoah."  Jehovah might use this "Trump card" up his sleeve to bring this man to his knees.  Lets all take a waiting disposition and see how this plays out.

2 hours ago, Frances Bennett said:

It's funny Iiving on the other side of the pond and looking in from the outside.

I appreciate an international viewpoint...Thaks for sharing! 

Am I allowed to crack  jokes of the King or Queen? Lol! I don't want to offend you so I wont do that. 😋.    Long live the King! Ohh wait I said I wasn't going to tease. Ooops. Forgive me. 

Sorry if I come across rough around the edges to some reading my posts. I am from Texas and slightly wild. 

Welp Im off to rope come steers and get back on the cattle drive. The cook named Cookie has some black coffee and hard tack ready . Better get to scootin.Giddy Up ! Yeee Haw ! 

Yes. As our friend across the pond said. It concerns me when I see clear political bias amount our friends. It’s so important especially now to stay neutral even in our hearts.  When we find ourselves secretly hoping for the downfall of an individual it would be good to take that feeling out of our heart. After all we worship the only reader of hearts there is Jehovah god. 

3 hours ago, Tsheppar said:

I appreciate an international viewpoint...Thaks for sharing! 

Am I allowed to crack  jokes of the King or Queen? Lol! I don't want to offend you so I wont do that. 😋.    Long live the King! Ohh wait I said I wasn't going to tease. Ooops. Forgive me. 

Sorry if I come across rough around the edges to some reading my posts. I am from Texas and slightly wild. 

Welp Im off to rope come steers and get back on the cattle drive. The cook named Cookie has some black coffee and hard tack ready . Better get to scootin.Giddy Up ! Yeee Haw ! 

Pa ha ha ha!

People in the UK don't pay any attention to the King, they care not two hoots about the Queen (who they still haven't accepted on account of Diana) and as for the minor royals...well let's just say there on a par with the people on "married at first sight" - hehe

In fact I think the 'mericanians are more interested in the Royals than the brits by far!

So bring on the King Charles memes!

Also...what's hard tack?!? Sounds painful

It seems what started out as a FYI about a particular politician selling Bibles has become a topic about the politicians themselves. 

I am just going to lock the topic here - as there isn't more than can be said about the Bible sales. AND to prevent what could easily look like non-neutral thoughts. We all acknowledge that the only answer to all of this corruption is the Kingdom of God.

PS - I hope millions are sold and it causes people to talk to us ... asking us what the Bible actually teaches!!!  :yes:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....