JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Donald Trump selling Bibles

I honestly wish there was a way to block the word Trump from this site. I wish I could spend the rest of my time in this system never hearing that name again. 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

I honestly wish there was a way to block the word Trump from this site. I wish I could spend the rest of my life (forever) never hearing that name again.

Sorry about that. $$$$$ instead?

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

4 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

it's the "person who shall not be named".

I think the study note on 2 Timothy 3:5 applies "

2 Timothy 3:5

• having an appearance of godliness: Paul says that “in the last days,” many would have “an appearance” of godliness, that is, a mere outward form or a semblance of godly devotion. (2Ti 3:1) Some Bible translations render this thought: “They will maintain the outward appearance of religion” or “They will look like they are religious.” Even though people may profess to worship God, their wicked conduct or their excessive love of themselves, money, or pleasures contradicts their claim.—2Ti 3:2-4.

11 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I honestly wish there was a way to block the word Trump from this site. I wish I could spend the rest of my time in this system never hearing that name again. 

Wow,do you hate him that much?

well I can understand,Trump is full of drama 😄

But I do see him as someone who has some amount of concern about his Christian faith,it's just that he is so full of drama.

I am instantly reminded of this song:

I think he should have had it playing in the background of his ad.  :yes:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, Ishaya said:

I thought,it was his son-in-law who bought the Brooklyn watchtower building? His family may seen quite acquainted with our organization.does anyone know any experience between them and Jw's?

Good questions and we all need to set back and let Jehovah do all the judging too. We cannot read Trumps or other hearts.

2 hours ago, Ishaya said:

do you hate him that much?

I dislike his personality; it is the exact opposite of the Christlike personality we are attracted to. 

He creates conflict and dissension instead of love and unity. He is arrogant and egotistical instead of meek and humble. I have absolutely no desire to be exposed to any person with that type of personality that isn't showing any desire to change.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Ishaya said:

I thought,it was his son-in-law who bought the Brooklyn watchtower building? His family may seen quite acquainted with our organization.does anyone know any experience between them and Jw's?

Yes, it was his son-in-law who bought our former headquarters in Brooklyn.  But, currently, his name has been removed from the list of owners of that building, because it was driving away potential clients.  Also, during an interview, he gave our organization glowing accolades, saying he never met a group that could be trusted with just a handshake.  The interview was on jw.org.  But, it quickly got removed, and you can only find it in some news site's archives or on youtube.  The fact that it got removed from jw.org despite what he said about us following what we preach and his business' name got removed from the building later says volumes about the kind of person he is.

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

it is the exact opposite of the Christlike personality

From a CNN interview :

"Moderator Frank Luntz asked "$$$$$" whether he has ever asked God for forgiveness for his actions.

“I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don’t think so,” he said. “I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don’t bring God into that picture. I don’t.”

"$$$$$" said that while he hasn’t asked God for forgiveness, he does participate in Holy Communion."

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I dislike his personality; it is the exact opposite of the Christlike personality we are attracted to. 

He creates conflict and dissension instead of love and unity. He is arrogant and egotistical instead of meek and humble. I have absolutely no desire to be exposed to any person with that type of personality that isn't showing any desire to change.

I have to admit, because of the way he acts, including back when all he was known for was his reality business show, I told my wife that if I was touring the White House, and I heard that he was roaming around talking to tour groups, I would probably try to avoid him.  I don't want to think terrible thoughts against our then president because of my dealings with him and his personality.

11 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Exactly. 

And I hate his lips.. 🤢

Edited by Hope

The law offices I worked for in the early 90s did his bankruptcy.  I worked for 2 weeks overtime. They would allow us to go home at 4:30 and then come back at 6 pm till midnight to do this bankruptcy work.

I  met him in person.  I was the notary for the firm at the time.  He always "reorganized" never "liquidated".  I notarized all his paperwork.  Very arrogant.

That was the Taj Mahal.

Edited by cme

added sentence.

My nephew had a high position in New York Building -  and he worked for $$$$

at the building formerly known as # 666 building - later the building number changed to 660 -

however my nephew was also in theatrics - although he could not stand him, he covered himself

for the sake of employment - From some of the things he used to tell me about him, 

it appears that $$$$ has mellowed out some - but then again...what do I know!!!!

Many laughed when he quoted a scriptures saying "Two Corinthians reference" though..

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

My disdain for him goes back to The Apprentice and I had to stop watching the show. He's a conman and a womanizer. I couldn't stand him then and can't stand him now. I sympathize with you.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

My husband is into, um, politics. So, I actually hear more then Iʼd like. Rachael Maddow wrote a book, called, “Prequel “. It mainly the history of the 30ʼs and 40ʼs. If you think what is going on today is outlandish, that book will settle that for you. Things in this countries behavior can get crazier then you can imagine.
 It was on Audible. Where we can listen to books. 
It was much worse then todayʼs nonesence,  If you can believe that.
The era when i grew up was, for the most part, “honeymoon” stuff. The 50’s and a portion of the 60’s. Cars were affordable, made of real steel. Houses, people could buy them. Education, you did not have to sign your life away. To be a doctor, or what not. And, this was on one income. We were just safer. 
Politics in the 30’s and 40’s was screaming corruption. More blatant then today. Shameful. 
Man is not to rule man. Period. Point blank. 
I don’t know if it’s planned, but some of the terms you hear today that make you want to gag, there they were in the 30’s and 40’s. There is so much correlation that it is sort of, (if we didnt know better) downrignt scary. 
We just need to, “batten down our spiritual hatches”, trust in Jehovah, and, be on bended knees, thanking Jehovah. 
We canʼt imagine the worldʼs future, nor do we want to. 
Our imagination power needs to go to our being protected by Jehovah, Christ, and the 144,000. 
 I think at this time itʼs insanity to even try to figure it out. Jehovah will tell us as much as we need to know. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Understood, but is there anything you really don't like about him?  :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.