JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hello everyone,

I just made a short link generator exclusively for our official website and other websites owned by the organization worldwide; this generator will make all JW website URLs shorter.

This is the link: JW-L.INK

This will be very useful for publishers doing their personal study, theocratic assignments, or other organizational activities. Publishers can also use this to share JW article links with other publishers. For example, a publisher may want to shorten an article link such as: https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1102022953&srcid=share (Song 153: Give Me Courage), into something easily memorable by customizing the URL path, like this: jw-l.ink/song153. Now, whenever a publisher wants to visit that exact same link, they can simply type 'jw-l.ink/song153' into the address bar of their web browser, and they will be redirected right away to that article."

REMINDER: This short link generator should not be used in the ministry or outside of the organization. Only the official website should be used in the ministry.

This generator will only accept URLs from our official website and other websites owned by the organization worldwide. Therefore, if you need to shorten a URL from a random website or article not owned by the organization, it will be rejected.

I hope publishers will find this short link generator both useful and beneficial. If you have any questions or need clarification about this tool, please don't hesitate to ask. I am more than happy to assist you.

This short link generator is still in the beta phase, so there may be errors if it is used by too many people simultaneously. If you encounter an error that persists after a few hours, kindly DM me, and I will do my best to resolve the issue.

"For love is as strong as death is." - Song of Solomon 8:6

JWPUBS

I tried the song and I got the message that the page is not secure because it doesn't support https//

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

3 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

I tried the song and I got the message that the page is not secure because it doesn't support https//

Hello, may I ask which browser and what device you access it from? everything on my side is doing fine. unless there is a typo.

JWPUBS

3 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Same... I'm on Google for my mobile and desk internet 

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Hope said:

4 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it!

I'm currently looking into it, this seems like it's just affecting some folks, not everyone. As a suggestion, you could also try accessing the website using a different browser or device; or use a different Wi-Fi or mobile data and see if that helps.

Edited by gusdn1

fix capitalization

JWPUBS

I tried the link again and it worked..no problem..I am using Chrome Browser on my Samsung A23 phone..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

17 hours ago, gusdn1 said:

Hello everyone,

I just made a short link generator exclusively for our official website and other websites owned by the organization worldwide; this generator will make all JW website URLs shorter.

This is the link: JW-L.INK

This will be very useful for publishers doing their personal study, theocratic assignments, or other organizational activities. Publishers can also use this to share JW article links with other publishers. For example, a publisher may want to shorten an article link such as: https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1102022953&srcid=share (Song 153: Give Me Courage), into something easily memorable by customizing the URL path, like this: jw-l.ink/song153. Now, whenever a publisher wants to visit that exact same link, they can simply type 'jw-l.ink/song153' into the address bar of their web browser, and they will be redirected right away to that article."

REMINDER: This short link generator should not be used in the ministry or outside of the organization. Only the official website should be used in the ministry.

This generator will only accept URLs from our official website and other websites owned by the organization worldwide. Therefore, if you need to shorten a URL from a random website or article not owned by the organization, it will be rejected.

I hope publishers will find this short link generator both useful and beneficial. If you have any questions or need clarification about this tool, please don't hesitate to ask. I am more than happy to assist you.

This short link generator is still in the beta phase, so there may be errors if it is used by too many people simultaneously. If you encounter an error that persists after a few hours, kindly DM me, and I will do my best to resolve the issue.

This is the basic tutorial on how to use jw-l.ink short link generator:

1. First, go to jw.org (or a website owned by the organization) and copy the URL link located from the share feature or the URL path from the address bar.
  2. Then, go to jw-l.ink website and paste the copied URL into the input box.
  3. (OPTIONAL) Customize the URL path by typing in your own preferred keywords for your short link.
  4. Click "Shorten URL" button to generate your short link.
  5. Wait for a few moments, and your generated short link will show up.
  6. Copy the short link and begin using it.

Only URLs from our official website and other websites owned by the organization are accepted. If you did not use the customized URL path, you will get a unique short link URL. If you do use it, then please remember that there are chances other publishers can access it too depending on how common the keyword you used for your short link is.

If you have more questions, or if you encountered an issue, please let me know.

Thanks!

JWPUBS

4 hours ago, Hope said:

7 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

The issue should be fixed by now. Please let me know if there are other issues occurring. Thanks!

JWPUBS