JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How Well Can You See Color?

On 10/14/2012 at 5:09 PM, LindaL. said:

Jerry, how do you capture the screen shot, or whatever it's called? I use Windows XP.

I use the Windows Snipping Tool - should be in Windows Accessories. It only copies what you select so no need to paste into paint and crop

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 6/27/2012 at 11:42 PM, Ms. Piffle said:

I scored 8. Much better than expected, especially since my Dad and both of my sons are 'color blind', or color deficient as one DR. referred to it.

The color blindness is caused by the X-chromosome.  Women have 2 x-chromosomes and both of them would have to be in the class that causes colorblindness for her to be colorblind.  A woman can have one X-chromosome that causes colorblindness and still have normal vision.  She can pass on one chromosome for colorblindness to her son and he will be colorblind.  My father had normal color vision and my mother was colorblind.  All my sisters (fleshly) got the normal colorblind X-chromosome from my mother and a normal X-chromosome from my father, so they are not colorblind, but they do carry one colorblind X-chromosome.  My brother and I got the Y-chromosome from my father and one of the colorblind X-chromosome from my mother.  We are, of course, both colorblind.  It is very unusual for a woman to get both colorblind X-chromosomes.

On 6/27/2012 at 11:18 PM, NSSewer said:

Could you be colorblind without even knowing it? While one out of 255 ladies suffer from mild colorblindness, a whopping one in 12 men can't tell the difference between chartreuse and lemon-mint. Egads!

https://www.colorblindguide.com/post/colorblind-people-population-live-counter

My first-grade teacher had the class color a chart once.  2 of us had to stay inside when the other students went out to play.  The teacher corrected the other boy's chart and let him go outside.  She criticized my chart and said it couldn't be corrected so I had to stay inside.  I gave up on learning the names of colors rather early because some of the things I heard people say confused me anyway.

Edited by Witness1970

On 6/27/2012 at 11:42 PM, Ms. Piffle said:

I scored 8. Much better than expected, especially since my Dad and both of my sons are 'color blind', or color deficient as one DR. referred to it.

The color blindness is caused by the X-chromosome.  Women have 2 x-chromosomes and both of them would have to be in the class that causes colorblindness.  A woman can have one X-chromosome that causes colorblindness and still have normal vision.  She can pass on one chromosome for colorblindness to her son and he will be colorblind.  My father had normal color vision and my mother was colorblind.  All my sisters (fleshly) got the normal colorblind X-chromosome from my mother and a normal X-chromosome from my father, so they are not colorblind, but they do carry one colorblind X-chromosome.  My brother and I got the Y-chromosome from my father and one of the colorblind X-chromosome from my mother.  We are, of course, both colorblind.  It is very unusual for a woman to get both colorblind X-chromosomes.

On 6/27/2012 at 11:18 PM, NSSewer said:

Could you be colorblind without even knowing it? While one out of 255 ladies suffer from mild colorblindness, a whopping one in 12 men can't tell the difference between chartreuse and lemon-mint. Egads!

Somehow I hit the wrong button and my post was added twice.  Sorry.

I use a desktop running Windows 10.  There is a PrintScreen button as pictured below.  I had XP years ago, but haven't used it in a long time.

1. How to Print Screen on Windows 10

Anyone looking to take a quick screenshot of what they are doing should use the Print Screen button. With a few taps on the keyboard, you’ll have your screenshot saved and ready for sharing. Depending on your computer, the Print Screen button might be labeled as Print Scr, Prt Sc, PrtScn, or a similar variation.

How to screenshot on Windows using the Print Screen button:

Press the Windows logo key + Print Screen button to save your screenshot instantly.

Press only the Print Screen button to take a screenshot without saving it. Then, you can open the file using your favorite image editor or another built-in tool like Paint.

Press the Alt key + Print Screen button to capture a screenshot of your active window. You can also paste it on an editing tool to save the image.

Print_Screen.jpg

Edited by Witness1970

3 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

The color blindness is caused by the X-chromosome.  Women have 2 x-chromosomes and both of them would have to be in the class that causes colorblindness.  A woman can have one X-chromosome that causes colorblindness and still have normal vision.  She can pass on one chromosome for colorblindness to her son and he will be colorblind.  My father had normal color vision and my mother was colorblind.  All my sisters (fleshly) got the normal colorblind X-chromosome from my mother and a normal X-chromosome from my father, so they are not colorblind, but they do carry one colorblind X-chromosome.  My brother and I got the Y-chromosome from my father and one of the colorblind X-chromosome from my mother.  We are, of course, both colorblind.  It is very unusual for a woman to get both colorblind X-chromosomes.

This is how the Dr. Explained it to me over 30 years ago....Color deficiency (color blindness) is almost always passed from the mother to their sons, mothers receiving it from their farthers.  My dad was severely color blinded. He wanted to go to West Point, be a pilot but could not due to his color blindness.  He ended up going into' intelligence'  instead. When driving, he had to take note of which position the  light was on at stoplight as he could not see the colors.  How I look forward to him waking up in paradise seeing all the beautiful colorful things Jehovah has made.  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2023 at 2:46 AM, Qapla said:

I use the Windows Snipping Tool - should be in Windows Accessories. It only copies what you select so no need to paste into paint and crop

I use a free program called Gadwin Printscreen. I found it much more easier to use than the Snipping Tool.

I have it set that I can just used Ctrl+F12 on my keyboard, and the curser turns to a crosshair and then I can draw the rectangle what area what I want to collect by holding down my left mouse button, and when you have released it the left mouse button, you can fine tune the area by moving the sides or corners of the rectangled box that you had created if you choose to do so, and then click on the right mouse to capture the image into your clipboard, and then use Ctrl+V to paste in the image into whatever program that you are needing to insert that image.

The snipping tool is also easy to use. Just press the windows key + shift + s. Then draw a rectangle around what you wish to snip.

The snipped image can then be pasted onto other apps by Control + v.

Another advantage is that there is an OCR function now built into the snipping tool.

5 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

OCR function

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_character_recognition

Optical character recognition or optical character reader (OCR) is the electronic or mechanical conversion of images of typed, handwritten or printed text into machine-encoded text, whether from a scanned document, a photo of a document, a scene photo (for example the text on signs and billboards in a landscape photo) or from subtitle text superimposed on an image (for example: from a television broadcast)

image.png.fc41f32e9637f7bdf4e5c6f736294942.png