JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2 brothers in my congregation have approached me with this issue. 

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, enabled all permissions, but this persists on their tablets. Yes, they both experienced this on their android tab. 

I believe they are both using android 7. Ones tab says android 11, but it's skin is very much android 7. The other just says android 7 (a Samsung tab).

What's the issue? 

Publication reference and parallel translations will just not show up. On both of their tabs. It won't show up on meetings tab, it won't show up on Bible's tab when trying to view other translations of a scripture. 

I can not run a log viewer because I'd need to go home with their tabs, so all I could do was uninstall and reinstall which yielded no result. 

These brothers are elders so they need jw library functioning especially when they're on the platform.

What could've caused this?? Please help

Just a thought...

(You may already have done this):

If you 'installed', you will have to download ALL the individual books again (inc bible translations).

(A 're-install' does not put the library books back on to the device. You will have to manually get them.)

One way to check the Android version is to go to >'settings'>'About ' (usually the last item) then>'Software Information'.

It will list the Android Version.

Best wishes!

1 hour ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Just a thought...

(You may already have done this):

If you 'installed', you will have to download ALL the individual books again (inc bible translations).

(A 're-install' does not put the library books back on to the device. You will have to manually get them.)

One way to check the Android version is to go to >'settings'>'About ' (usually the last item) then>'Software Information'.

It will list the Android Version.

Best wishes!

Library downloaded, issue persists sadly

11 hours ago, Richrecognition said:

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, enabled all permissions, but this persists on their tablets. Yes, they both experienced this on their android tab.

I assume they would have installed the latest version of JW Library, but can you tell us what version they have?

Is the latest Reference Guide installed?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I assume they would have installed the latest version of JW Library, but can you tell us what version they have?

Is the latest Reference Guide installed?

Definitely the latest version. 

But this isn't just about the reference guide. 

The side bar that shows the parallel translations and publications reference ( yeah that side bar that pops out when you're in the meetings tab and u click on the song, or Bible verse, or Bible study book, yeah that side bar) shows nothing.

In the second image below, I had clicked on the bible verse of Ps 38, but the verse doesn't show up even though I had downloaded the bible (study bible and pidgin west africa translations). And it does it on all publications. Just shows 'No study content' 

20240514_190219.heic 20240514_181040.heic

16 hours ago, Richrecognition said:

2 brothers in my congregation have approached me with this issue. 

I believe they are both using android 7. Ones tab says android 11, but it's skin is very much android 7. The other just says android 7 (a Samsung tab).

What's the issue? 

Publication reference and parallel translations will just not show up. On both of their tabs. It won't show up on meetings tab, it won't show up on Bible's tab when trying to view other translations of a scripture. 

I can not run a log viewer because I'd need to go home with their tabs, so all I could do was uninstall and reinstall which yielded no result. 

These brothers are elders so they need jw library functioning especially when they're on the platform.

What could've caused this?? Please help

I would recommend you call the branch office asap and ask for jw.org help desk, to notify the MEPS programming dept about the issue.

"For love is as strong as death is." - Song of Solomon 8:6

JWPUBS

On 5/15/2024 at 12:08 PM, Mike047 said:

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, and don't have the problem that you speak of, and mine was bought in 2015.

Well, that is interesting. Running the latest jw library update (v 14.3.1)?

The Samsung tab is also a tab s2 and it has this issue as shown in the video. 

UPDATE: I spoke with someone from the branch office in my country and the brother said it could be the due to android version (android 7). Something about jw library moving to higher android versions due to security concerns 

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 2:48 AM, Richrecognition said:

Definitely the latest version. 

In the US the latest version is 14.3.2

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D