JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 June Monthly Broadcast

4 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Thanks for sharing this with us.

1 hour ago, CChambliss said:

Brother, can I ask name of program you are using to create transcripts?  Appreciate it much!

If the video has subtitles, then subtitleedit is used to extract the subtitles and then a word processor to format the raw text.

If no subtitles are available then whisper desktop is used to transcribe the video. Then a word processor is used to format the raw text. 

This is valuable information.  Thanks so much.  We lost a dear sister in sleep who use to provide these for those at the nursing homes/assisted living facilities/home bound brothers and sisters. I was panicking how to continue providing these spiritual gems.  Jehovah is always so good to us.  Thanks again brother.

2 hours ago, CChambliss said:

can I ask name of program you are using to create transcripts?

You can use the 'bespoke' website below, which will specifically pull out the subtitles for videos on JW.org - in which ever language you want:

https://subtitle-c2419.firebaseapp.com/

Then just copy into your preferred word-processor and edit as you wish :)

If you're after English transcripts you should be able to pick-up and download all the transcripts you'll generally need by looking at the following thread:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/35593-transcripts/page/98/

6 hours ago, CChambliss said:

We lost a dear sister in sleep who use to provide these for those at the nursing homes/assisted living facilities/home bound brothers and sisters.

Sorry to hear about your congregation's loss of a dear sister.

Depending on the individual needs and abilities of your congregation's brothers and sisters, but some may also find  - if you don't already know about it - the following website useful. It's primarily designed for those with limited vision (hence large fonts, and good contrast), and incudes the meeting transscripts etc on a week-by-week basis, as well as other key transcripts etc

https://www.jwblindhelper.org/meetings

I am really enjoying the talks by Brother Trent Lippold.  In the June 2023 153rd Gilead Graduation he gave a talk "The Under-Rower" about John Mark that I just loved.  And again, in this 155th class program, he delivered another beautiful talk, "Oil to Machinery" about the Physician Luke.  Both are outstanding.  Now I need to go to jw.org and listen to his other talks in the video section.  

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

4 hours ago, Watching and Waiting said:

I am really enjoying the talks by Brother Trent Lippold.  In the June 2023 153rd Gilead Graduation he gave a talk "The Under-Rower" about John Mark that I just loved.  And again, in this 155th class program, he delivered another beautiful talk, "Oil to Machinery" about the Physician Luke.  Both are outstanding.  Now I need to go to jw.org and listen to his other talks in the video section.  

Thank you very much, sister Janet. Seeing again these beautiful portraits of John Mark  and Luke rekindle in me the desire to one day, have a series of short films dedicated to all these men whose extraordinary faith nourishes ours. A series on the apostles and other notable Christian figures would be very appreciated.

5 hours ago, Watching and Waiting said:

For those who liked the Video Postcard summary from jw broadcasts, updated last in 2023, here is the updated version as of June, 2024.  

video postcards_jwb_v3.pdf 152.93 kB · 14 downloads

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwb_201505_1_VIDEO

Broadcasting May 2015  1:30:40 Estonia

9 hours ago, Watching and Waiting said:

For those who liked the Video Postcard summary from jw broadcasts, updated last in 2023, here is the updated version as of June, 2024.  

video postcards_jwb_v3.pdf 152.93 kB · 20 downloads

Sister Janet, I want to thank you very much for these files. I hadn't seen the one that was posted in 2023.

Coincidentally, a few weeks ago I was thinking about these video postcards and wondered why they hadn't become part of a series on our jw.org video page. It would be so good!

6 hours ago, jwmanubcn said:

Broadcasting May 2015  1:30:40 Estonia

Thank you Brother Manuel.  When I first composed this list back in 2022, the May 2015 broadcast was offline, for a while.  It was later reposted, but I neglected to add the postcard.   Thanks for calling it to my attention.  I checked the remaining non-postcard dates to make sure nothing changed on those.  Can't guarantee all links are perfect, though.    

As I posted in 2023, it's like going on a theocratic world tour.  

Corrected v3:

video postcards_jwb_v3.pdf

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

I loved the talk about learning from a Samaritan. 

We can learn so much from each other regardless of our religion. We just have to remember and not lose our conviction to the principles Jesus taught us.

Very interesting talk

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

8 minutes ago, trottigy said:

J'ai adoré le discours sur l'apprentissage d'un Samaritain. 

Nous pouvons apprendre tellement les uns des autres, quelle que soit notre religion. Nous devons simplement nous rappeler et ne pas perdre notre conviction envers les principes que Jésus nous a enseignés.

Discussion très intéressante

Me too, Jerry, I really loved it. I appreciated the detail: 'he gave the innkeeper everything he had, in terms of money'. I had not made this connection with what the story tells us, that he promised to come back to reimburse the treatment. 

And also that he took care of someone who probably would have refused to greet him if he had met him. When I think that some people may find it difficult to greet a brother or sister...😭

Yes, very powerful lessons.

43 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I loved the talk about learning from a Samaritan. 

We can learn so much from each other regardless of our religion. We just have to remember and not lose our conviction to the principles Jesus taught us.

Very interesting talk

A few of these talks sounded like talks we will need in the future. 

I don't understand this comment about Luke.

"He wrote about one quarter of the Christian Greek Scriptures. That’s almost as much as the apostle Paul."

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

26 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

"He wrote about one quarter of the Christian Greek Scriptures. That’s almost as much as the apostle Paul."

I think the comment is referring to the volume or quantity of his two books, not the number of books. The gospel of Luke and the book of 
Acts have a total of 52 chapters or about one quarter of the CGS. 

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

There are a little less than 400 pages in the Christian Greek Scriptures.  Luke wrote a little less than 100 pages of them.  That is about one-quarter or 25%.

8 minutes ago, jwhess said:

There are a little less than 400 pages in the Christian Greek Scriptures.  Luke wrote a little less than 100 pages of them.  That is about one-quarter or 25%.

Thanks. I was going to count chapters, but I knew that wouldn't be accurate, counting pages was a great idea. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Posted (edited)

The talk by Brother Chilton had me fooled. It seemed to me that towards the end of his talk, he was overcome with emotion, his voice was breaking and his eyes seemed to water... I gave way to tears. His experience about the sister who feared being sent to a less affluent country where sickness and poverty were the norm, but allowed Jehovah to fool her into accepting the assignment, was very inspiring. 

Edited by truce

• rocket unpinned this topic