JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Safety of brothers and sisters visiting an individual.

Though he was focused more on persecution, this topic brought to my mind something Brother Sanderson said at our 2023 convention in a talk immediately following part 1 of the "Commit Your Way to Jehovah" drama, "When Persecuted, We Patiently Endure."   He said the Devil is going to try to make you terrified, to try to get us to stop serving Jehovah.  ➡️ "And if he could make you afraid, you may decide to ban your own worship of Jehovah." ⬅️ 

(My notes: It doesn't matter what tactic he uses, i.e. it's too dangerous, framing legal trouble, etc., the effect is the same. . .we stop if we become fearful!)

Yes, he was talking about persecution, but the principle applies really in any area of our worship, including our commission to preach. As I was reading the admonition from brothers in the thread, reminding us to follow the directions we've been given from the slave and our elders, and use our common sense, it might be all to easy to just become too afraid or paralyzed in our ministry, so we in effect, "ban ourselves."  This topic is very helpful in pinpointing an area for bolstering my faith, as  this system worsens and Satan intensifies his attacks.

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

3 hours ago, Ishaya said:

Are you really serious about this,or is it a joke

Yes I am serious....Why on earth would I joke about something like this ???? 

Unfortunately I can't for the life of me locate the news article to prove it to you.  When I saw this it was on tv.  it happened in Japan...I can't remember which year. 

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

1 hour ago, Dages said:

Please, do not use apostates websites

Sorry I wasn't aware that it was an apostate site when I clicked the link.... apparently the news drops the links after a certain time frame...

Edited by BlaqueCalalilly

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

I see the story was from 2015 in Japan and that the girl "just wanted to kill somebody / anybody".

There are a lot of crazy people out there and it is good reminder why we have to be careful. We cannot stop preaching and teaching as Jesus commanded this of us, but we can be "cautious as serpents" (Matt 10:16)

Obviously, we don't want to scare our fellow brothers or sisters from going out in the ministry, but it is important to be cautious! Follow the directions of your local elders. They know best how to worship as safe as possible in the local areas.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

We have a high percentage of shift workers in our area, and many times it was a prank from fellow workers to arrange a time when they are at home sleeping for us to call on them. It is not fun when you get someone out of bed, so we are extra cautious when do get a request for a visit.

However, one bloke whom was pranked on wanted to give us list of possible workmates who would have pranked him, and wanted us to call them them as revenge. But we declined that list saying either though it would fun, but that is not the reason why we would call on their  doors.

3 hours ago, trottigy said:

I see the story was from 2015 in Japan and that the girl "just wanted to kill somebody / anybody".

I do remember that incident, but had forgotten which country it happened in.