JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you remember this service experience???

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4128 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I hope this is in the right place. If not, Moderators, please move.

I am trying to find the experience of a brother working an apartment building by himself (I think other brothers were working on the sidewalk). Anyway, he went to door and gave presentation and came back downstairs. Unbeknown to him, the police or FBI were ready to arrest the man he had just talked with. They asked the HH why he didn't harm the man...he said there wasn't 1 man ... but 3 men.

I was trying to tell someone this experience but couldn't remember all the details.

Does anyone remember this? I tried to search on the forum but apparently wasn't using the right words.

Thanks if you can help.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

I haven't read about this experience. I know a similar experience of a Sister who had been saved the house holder could see she wasn't alone. Do you want that one as well Brenda?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Please make sure these experiences you are sharing are verified and legitimate and not urban legends.

Verified does not mean "well, I trust the person who told me, so it must be true."

Too many times these experiences are shared and there is no basis of truth in them. They simply get passed on adn on and on as if they were true.

Just trying to nip this in the bud before the wild experiences start getting shared.

This is one of the oldest "WUL" "Witness urban legends". I have heard it for over forty years. I have heard it was a sister calling on a serial rapist door, and two young witnesses calling on a child molester, etc, etc,

There are a few variations in this thread, basically the same story, but some are even from different countries!

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?53,110166,110173#msg-110173

We don't need fantasy stories to bolster our faith or prove to ourselves that we have Jehovah's direction or Angel support for our ministry. I'm not criticizing you for asking the question Brenda, but as Shawn said these stories start up every few years and spread like crazy through the friends!

I am moving this to "JW stuff" because it has nothing to do with our beliefs.

Caution noted about spreading urban legends.

But I thought for sure I read this within the last 6 months here on this site and was from someone who knew the parties involved. I've heard of other experiences you referred to and knew they were probably exaggerations of something that may have happened...so someone dreamed. LOL !!!

OK, I can't remember all the details so I guess I won't share with a sister I was thinking of...because I can't be sure of its source.

Thanks very much for your response...and for moving to the correct Tab.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

Me too, I remember hearing that one many years ago. Grumpy and were talking about some of the stories we've heard. One of them involved a brother in prison and a judge and Micah 7: 8. When we did the Bible reading Grumpy asked me to see if I could find it in one of the yearbooks. Nope, not there. I'm sure if it were true it would be somewhere in print.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I heard several similar "experiences" like this when I was young ... and that has been many, many years ago. I cannot verify any of them.

With that said, I will share this experience:

A brother was doing street work ... this was back when the magazines were still 10 cents. He offered the magazines to a man who waked up to that street corner. The man gave him the dime, took the magazines, tore them up into pieces and threw them away.

The brother told the man, "Since you enjoyed those magazines so much, perhaps you would like another pair" (something like this ... I cannot remember the exact words, it was a long time ago)

The man gave him another dime, took the new pair of magazines, tore them up and threw them away, too.

The brother offered him two more. The man took these to and raised them to tear them. He stopped and thought "Hmmm... I just paid 30 cents for 10 magazines, maybe I should see what they say," and he walked away with the Magazines.

This experience was related to my by a Circuit Overseer - he was the man who had tore up the magazines.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...