JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

FM Recorder?

I try to produce a video of the DC drama every year for the cast and crew as well as the CO. I have been relying upon someone else to record the audio portion on a FM recorder so I can get crystal clear sound without the echo that a camera picks up. Does anyone have a recomendation for a good quality FM Recorder that records digital mp3? Fry's Electronics is the only place I have found one but I'm not sure of it's quality.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I have used this for over 5 years now and have been EXTREMELY happy - http://www.amazon.com/Diasonic-DDR-5300-Digital-Voice-Recorder/dp/B002OE0E3I

Small, lots of options, recordes onto a sd micro or internal and the internal is plenty for a Circuit Assembly.

If you are interested in hearing audio I recorded recently - send me a PM with e-mail and I'll send you a link.

note: the only trouble I find is the sound people don't always have their stuff together. I had to go at the beginning of our SAD and have the brother turn the amplification DOWN as he was peaking and the sound was terrible and cutting in and out. His amplifier had a red light to show when this happens, but He just thought - louder the better - :nope:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I have used this for over 5 years now and have been EXTREMELY happy - http://www.amazon.com/Diasonic-DDR-5300-Digital-Voice-Recorder/dp/B002OE0E3I

Small, lots of options, recordes onto a sd micro or internal and the internal is plenty for a Circuit Assembly.

If you are interested in hearing audio I recorded recently - send me a PM with e-mail and I'll send you a link.

note: the only trouble I find is the sound people don't always have their stuff together. I had to go at the beginning of our SAD and have the brother turn the amplification DOWN as he was peaking and the sound was terrible and cutting in and out. His amplifier had a red light to show when this happens, but He just thought - louder the better - :nope:

From the info on Amazon it does not appear to record FM radio. Am I missing something? I get a good recording with the stereo mics of the camera but it still has a slight echo that really stands out when compared to an FM recording.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

In the description it says 'FM radio file advance." It automatically names the files by date and time.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Jerry if you Recorded the assembly. If it is Ok. Msy I please have a copy. I love to listen to different experiences. Etc. Thanks.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

It definitely records from FM. That is how i recorded our SAD a week or so ago.

Are your assemblies transmitted on FM radio? Our district conventions are, but not the assembly. Have to use the built-in microphone, that picks up everything around.

I use a Samsung Yepp YP-53 to record FM in mp3. Not made now, got it from ebay for only £20.

Yeah, they transmit the circuit & SAD. Many if not all - the congregations in Vegas transmit the meetings in FM too.

Soon .....

I have been recording our assemblies,both district & circuit, using the SanDisk Sanza Fuse it records FM & plays mp3, however, the FM recording is a wav file and takes a lot more space I would prefer the unit that you are referring to because it records in mp3 and would eliminate the step of ripping it to mp3 as well as take up less space.

Hmmmm, I think someone's about to recieve a Sanza gift.:uhhuh:

I have been recording our assemblies,both district & circuit, using the SanDisk Sanza Fuse it records FM & plays mp3, however, the FM recording is a wav file and takes a lot more space I would prefer the unit that you are referring to because it records in mp3 and would eliminate the step of ripping it to mp3 as well as take up less space.

Hmmmm, I think someone's about to recieve a Sanza gift.:uhhuh:

I found this problem in many devices on the market. My Samsung records FM in mp3, but voice in wav. I have another device that records voice in mp3, but FM in wav.

I don't think we could have the meetings in FM over here. So if you can't get the kingdom hall, do you just tune in on the radio? or is it not for that purpose?

... if you can't get the kingdom hall' date=' do you just tune in on the radio? or is it not for that purpose?[/quote']

If you can't get to the meetings you would need to use the phone tie-in unless you live next to the Hall - and even then, you may need the phone.

The FM being used here is a low-powered FM transmitter designed to only provide signal "inside" the building. In most cases the signal is strong enough to also cover the parking lot, since most Hall are not large enough that the signal will not carry beyond the building. Many of the venues used for District Conventions are large enough that the signal barely makes the restrooms, let alone the outside of the building.

The Decade MS-100 FM Transmitter is what many of the Halls are using since that is the most common unit used here by Halls and the Conventions.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The FM signal used at our convention goes for about 3 miles. Its handy for attendants especially those on the car parks or those who are hard of hearing although there is the deaf-loop signal for that.

So why do you have a FM transmitter at the meetings?

Would be handy at the assembly hall. Many do make their own recordings like myself but the quaility is never as good as recording the FM at the convention. Although it is offically recorded on mp3 now, and passed to the congregations about 1-2 weeks later.

So why do you have a FM transmitter at the meetings?

Same reason as at the District - for the hearing impaired to crank there own volume up as much as they need. It also provides clarity - as with a good pair of headsets you can silence all the surrounding noise like crying babies.

Soon .....

We have FM at our meetings. We also have FM at our Assembly Hall. There is also FM at our DC, as per the direction from the Branch. It is for hard-of-hearing. People like me greatly appreciate it. The fact that I also install it at the KH builds in our RBC is an aside ... that is just the department I am in.

In the US, if you are sending out a signal that goes 3 miles it is considered "low powered FM" and needs to be licensed. The FM transmitters we use have far less power than that and do not require a license.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~