JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

the Superbowl

My team is sadly not in the game. I am rooting for the 49'ers. My husband's family is from that area and his grandfather played for the team before they went pro and became the 49'ers. So, I have to root for them, lol. After his grandfather became a witness, he stopped playing football, and shortly the team went pro.

Heading out to a SB party shortly.

We're rooting for the "other" team. We would like to see a good game that is not full of mistakes. Oh, the "other" team is the third team on the field ... the ones in the striped uniforms ... otherwise known as Officials.

Just curious, since Nance beat me to posting this thread, are you watching for the game ... or the commercials ?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I just watch the commercials and change channels when the game comes on after checking the score. Not much into gladiator sports but I don't judge those that are. I like the KIA one the best so far.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Commercials. I liked the budweiser clydesdale where the guy raised the horse and it remembered him. Otherwise not overly impressed with commercials. No polar bear coke commercials even though chase the coke is ok but I miss the animal ones. The other beer commercials not totally cool and a half time show with 3/4 clothes off doing dirty dancing. My husband not a witness figures she's encouraging satan worship lol.he makes 5 minute comments on all commercials he doesn't like, the one just on with the farmer,the commentary turned to how obama is taking that away from the small farmer.

Oh yeah lots of fun

How about best super bowl commercial?

What a unique display of luscious SuperBowl food Nancy!! I watched for the Clydesdale commercial..my husband dvr'd it for me because we have a late meeting. I got him goodies to eat earlier in the week, but on Sunday, he requested a chopped salad. A Chopped Salad!! What a comedian. Now, what am I going to do with three pounds of little smokies! Haha.

I will agree that we were pulling for the Ravens with this SB ... but as for them doing it again, I would rather see the Jaguars get there :thumbsup:

That's not football! Now Rugby League - that's real football. Tell them sissies to take off all their padding and helmets and play like real men :raspberry:

Disclaimer: Comment made purely to annoy, offend and insult all American Football fans.:bringiton:

Twice for emphasis obviously - but I just had to add those offensive helmets they wear!

That's not football! Now Rugby League - that's real football. Tell them sissies to take off all their padding and helmets and play like real men :raspberry:

Disclaimer: Comment made purely to annoy, offend and insult all American Football fans.:bringiton:

Twice for emphasis obviously - but I just had to add those offensive helmets they wear!

Real men don't kick a ball around or through others -with their foot following the ball.

I never watched an american football game all the way through before -however I did choose the winning team at the start ( never heard of them before-so figured they were the underdog :ecstatic: )

Disclaimer: comments made purely to annoy, offend and insult all football fans ( American & the Rest of the world -soccer-football both dumbbbbb ):deadhorse:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

If you really want some edge-of-the-seat-non-stop-action that will have you gripping the edge of your chair, tune into the PBA - now that's excitement! 8-)

I love bowling! My son and some others bowled with a new associate and his wife last night,I sat it out,health issues, this new guys dad owned a bowling alley and this guy bowled like he was dancing,the ball didn't make a sound when it hit the floor.Impressive.

I am the family champion on Wii ..perfect score...no one even comes close...lol....

It's my only real gift. Wii bowling.