JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Meteorite Crash in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4086 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was in awe when I saw it on the news. So amazing. The news reports in Australia said it caused panic, they ain't seen nothing yet. Imagine the celestial phenomena to come! Awesome. I think the asteroid passes by here in a few hours. Sack the Russian weathermen, they didn't forecast that shower.

Wow. Like the one commenter says, good thing this didn't happen during the Cold War when everyone's finger was on the button.

I wonder if Pat Robertson has an explanation for this :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Just make me think 2 things :

1 - Just one little meteor, and the world is in awe... end of the world, etc...

How terrible this will be during Jehovah's Day, THEY WILL SURELY KNOW !

2 - These video are everywhere on the news and Internet...

"For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be." Matthew 24:27

The news will be everywhere

Meteorite Crash

More than 500 people are reportedly injured, and hundreds of buildings damaged, after a meteorite streaked across the sky above Russia's Ural Mountains Friday morning (Feb. 15) and exploded in a massive blast.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Seems like the number of injured people has risen to close to 1,000.

Typical human behavior, some people in the area who had no damage to their homes have been breaking their own windows in the hope of receiving compensation. This is in 15°F temperatures!

The panic and confusion that followed Friday's meteorite crash quickly gave way to Chelyabinsk residents' entrepreneurial instincts. Several people smashed in the windows of their houses in the hopes of receiving compensation, RIA Novosti news agency reported.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/15/injuries-reported-after-meteorite-falls-in-russia-ural-mountains/#ixzz2KzXrSVqQ

Lol Chuck, the same news agency reported this in the article you linked:

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, a nationalist leader noted for his vehement statements, blamed the Americans.

"It's not meteors falling. It's the test of a new weapon by the Americans," the RIA Novosti news agency quoted him as saying.

RIA Novosti may not be the best news source out there, lol.

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, a nationalist leader noted for his vehement statements, blamed the Americans.

"It's not meteors falling. It's the test of a new weapon by the Americans," the RIA Novosti news agency quoted him as saying.

The RIA Novosti was just quoting this "nationalist leader" they didn't make the statement themselves, don't kill the messenger! :)

I thought it was interisting to read a news report as why it was that so many of the general populace had dash cams. Most of the video feed of the astroid was from dash cams. It is because of the corrupt police giving out ticket when their is no violation and demanding a payment on the spot. Also because of gangs setting up accidents to demand money on the spot. Sad place to live.

Source

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

The RIA Novosti was just quoting this "nationalist leader" they didn't make the statement themselves, don't kill the messenger! :)

Yes I realize they were just quoting it, and not saying it themselves, lol. The fact that they quoted something so ridiculously insane should make anyone question their journalism, lol.

8-)

Yes I realize they were just quoting it, and not saying it themselves, lol. The fact that they quoted something so ridiculously insane should make anyone question their journalism, lol.

8-)

Why? The news and newspapers always quote people, sane or not. I remember the coverage of the Manson trial where the defendants were quoted by the LA Times all the time, and that included Charles Manson who we can all agree is nuts! lol (as you like to say a lot)

edit: nevermind, it's not worth it

I saw it on YouTube ... it was incredible. Tonight the local news reported a 2nd one is expected on Saturday sometime. The media indicated it will be pretty close to the earth (somewhere between the earth's surface and the paths the lower GPS satellites use). I'm glad I'm in the truth and know this isn't Armageddon ... like my co-worker did! :-)