JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Rush - inducted Hall of Fame today

Rush will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame TONIGHT! Induction ceremony info and complete coverage of the event - Here

You know you love them :heart:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I am glad for them, they deserve it. I had the opportunity last yr to see them when they were in Hamilton but, as it usually happens, the show fell on the same night as our big meeting - ugh! Oh well, I am sure they will be around again.

Rush will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame TONIGHT! Induction ceremony info and complete coverage of the event - Here

You know you love them :heart:

Here I thought you meant Rush Limbaugh, and I was getting all excited! Oh well! :blush:

Hey! I :heart: Rush Limbaugh; and Glenn Beck.

:omg: You guys are kidding right??? :taz:

Mr. "executing everything I do flawlessly with zero mistakes, doing this show with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair because I have talent on loan from . . . God. Rush Limbaugh. A man. A legend. A way of life." :shrugs: Limbaugh :crackwhip:

note: I concur with the "half my brain tied behind my back" part - it is the rest that ISN'T right!!!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Mr. "executing everything I do flawlessly with zero mistakes, doing this show with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair because I have talent on loan from . . . God. Rush Limbaugh. A man. A legend. A way of life." :shrugs: Limbaugh :crackwhip:

note: I concur with the "half my brain tied behind my back" part - it is the rest that ISN'T right!!!!

Doesn't this show that Jerry listens to a LOT of Rush Limbaugh? :laugh:

All that is just his "Schtick"! :)

I'm not sure he's using the other half according to manufacturer's instructions, either.

Seriously, who's Rush? ------I'm guessing it has to do with music, but what songs have they done that I might recognize??:S

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

I'm not sure he's using the other half according to manufacturer's instructions, either.

Seriously, who's Rush? ------I'm guessing it has to do with music, but what songs have they done that I might recognize??:S

They are a Canadian rock band from Toronto. They are really big up here in Canada - not sure if the USA has embraced them as much as Canada has. Unless you are into rock I doubt you would recognize any tunes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My husband did some chimney work for Neil Peart when we were living in LA.  He said he was surprised at how hospitable he was since the majority of celebs won't give you the time of day.

I enjoyed watching the 2013 Inductions (over and over again since my husband had control of the remote) but I particularly liked Gary Clark Jr and John Mayer's performance.

This one to be exact.

http://et.21cn.com/video/yy/oum/a/2013/0521/17/21778250.shtml

PS  Does anyone know why the audience were booing Lou Adler?

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Yes! love RUSH! esp Limelight, Vital Signs from the Tom Sawyer album... also enjoyed Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows

and Signals... even liked many tunes on Test for Echo & Counterparts but not as much as earler vintage Rush

trottigy, did you like any of their newer music? many people seem to not care for the direction they took after Moving Pictures 

so much talent from 3 guys, Geddy Lee is a musical genius and as for the Professor he is working on a whole other level... AMAZING!!

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

I haven't listened to a lot of their early stuff, but i too liked the direction they took.

Soon .....