JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Archbishop Prays While Topless Gay Activists Shout Curses And Douse Him With Water. [Nsfw]

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4017 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

BRUSSELS, April 23, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) - In an astonshing display of gentleness in the face of a vile attack, the head of the Catholic Church in Belgium, Archbishop Andre-Joseph Leonard, remained calmly seated with eyes closed in prayer Tuesday as four topless women attacked him with shouts and curses and doused him with water. 

It’s not the first time the bishop has been attacked for standing up for the Church’s teachings on homosexuality and expressing his concern for those who live the homosexual lifestyle.

The incident took place at the ULB University in Brussels where the archbishop was participating in a debate on blasphemy laws.

The four women, representing the pro-abortion and homosexual group FEMEN, took to the stage where they disrobed to reveal black-painted slogans on their bare chests

Continue Reading:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archbishop-prays-while-topless-gay-activists-shout-curses-and-douse-him-wit

Shouldn't this be in the comfort and support forum? :)

I dont think so...I am thinking the archbishop wasnt all that comfortable, and it would appear that the protesters had removed their support---

baddabing---- :rolleyes:

This whole issue of 'religion vs. the homosexual movement' is really setting the cat among the pigeons.

As I mentioned in a previous topic recently here about a new law that's just been passed in NZ giving gay couples the right to marry. NZ is the 13th country in the world to pass such a law and it definitely won't be the last.

You can be sure that the more outspoken "Christians" become about their distaste for this kind of thing, the greater the hostility towards them will be. It's not hard to see how religion could become an even bigger nuisance to the world than it currently is.

You've only got to read the comments made by people on that article to see how deeply entrenched their views are.

For us, we can be thankful Jehovah knows how to sort it all out. We don't have to get out and protest about it like many so-called christians do because our faith tells us that Jehovah's day of vengeance is just around the corner.

Dave, the Australian government is under pressure to legalise gay marriage, there is an election later this year and it has become a major issue. Christendom is digging its heels in, goodness me, they tickle the ears with everything else, but they're opposing this one. Very politically incorrect! I live a couple of hours from Sydney, today I took the kids to the city with a group of others and homosexual couples were everywhere, holding hands, it was an eye opener, and I wanted to get on the train back home where this behaviour isn't so in your face, although will no doubt increase. The talk at the DC I think last year was about our attitude toward homosexuality, are we in line with Jehovah's thinking on it or the world's?

The bible's view is unpopular, but we have to hate what is bad in God's eyes.

It certainly does alienate religion when politicians support gay rights.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)