JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New York Man Finishes Writing Out Entire Bible By Hand

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3998 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'll bet he still doesn't know the basic truths or the theme of the Bible! But at least he wrote Jehovah's name over 7,000 times!  :lol: 

Four years after he began his project to write out every word of the Bible, Phillip Patterson penned the very last lines Saturday at an upstate New York church

"Every single curly-q, every single loop, it was all worth it," said Patterson, 63, moments after inking the final two verses of the King James Bible. "I'm really going to miss this writing."

It took Patterson just a few minutes to copy the final lines of the Book of Revelation before a crowd of about 125 people at St. Peter's Presbyterian Church in Spencertown. He ended the ceremony by saying "Amen."

Patterson, of Philmont, began copying the complete King James Bible in his neat, looping handwriting in 2009. He spent two years copying the first five books of the Bible as a prototype before starting fresh. He said he'll spend about another year working on the book's binding and covers before donating the fully completed Bible -- more than 2,400 pages -- to St. Peter's as a gift.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/12/new-york-man-finishes-writing-out-entire-bible-by-hand/#ixzz2T8tDT51n

Well it was the King James - probably only wrote Jehovah 4 times.

I have always wanted to do this, or even type my own (no cutting and pasting). I figured i wouldn't miss anything thay way.

I hope this man finds the truth. OK, i hope they all do!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

You would have to be a patient person to do that.

A sister in my Pioneer Class like to write in the calligraphy. Arty style.

She wrote the bible. It was tastefully done. She brought the art to our class.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Just to had this, if he had been copying the NWT he would have written the name of God 7210 times :)

The Tetragrammaton appears 6828 times on the hebrew text + 141 restorations on the hebrew scriptures and 237 on the Greek ones

Source: Rbi8

Edited by jayrtom

I don't understand. The NWT was never mentioned in the article?

Yes, but you're the one that brought up God's name 7,000 times.  That opened the door to comments on the NWT.  That, and Surfergir's Pioneer Classmate.

We had the fleshly brother of our CO (who was also a CO) visit our hall and give a talk.  He had a return visit long ago that did this same thing.  He would write the Bible out by hand, including all of Jesus words in red ink.  When he'd finish, he'd start over.  This guy gave the CO's brother the Gospel of John written by hand.

I thought only I confused Musky. LoLs.

Its my accent maybe.

All I know, is that I try to think how to put what

I say so you will get my points. I give up.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

The reason I wrote as been answered by Shawn ;)

Just to complement you saying the 7000 times...

I see! I mentioned the KJV because that is the one that was hand-copied. I said he wrote Jehovah's name "over 7000" times thinking of the "new version" of the KJV that is out that restores Jehovah's name. We know the NWT uses it in it's proper place. But, I see now why it was brought up.  :)

I always wanted to write out the Bible too, but I keep talking reason into myself LOL

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

Someone chose to put it back in - http://jwtalk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/5662-after-400-years-the-divine-name-is-back-in-the-king-james-version/?hl=%2Bking+%2Bjames+%2Bjehovah

The thread talks aobut source. And it links to the other threads.

Well, maybe not. Try this instead - http://jwtalk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3898-wright-way-a-new-king-james-bible/?hl=%2Bking+%2Bjames+%2Bjehovah

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Someone chose to put it back in - http://jwtalk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/5662-after-400-years-the-divine-name-is-back-in-the-king-james-version/?hl=%2Bking+%2Bjames+%2Bjehovah

The thread talks aobut source. And it links to the other threads.

Thanks, Jer. I haven't quite made it through ALL the archived files of the forum yet. This is VERY interesting and important to know where I live because many people use the KJV. We had just gotten accustomed to the idea that there was an "Old" one and a "New" one. Now we must factor in this "Newer" one. In this case, newer IS better! :bringiton:  

Thanks, Jer. I haven't quite made it through ALL the archived files of the forum yet. This is VERY interesting and important to know where I live because many people use the KJV. We had just gotten accustomed to the idea that there was an "Old" one and a "New" one. Now we must factor in this "Newer" one. In this case, newer IS better! :bringiton:

Unfortunately almost all the portuguese versions are doing the oposite...

But I have two hard copies of one of the best known translations, one old and one new... in the old one there are several appearances of God's name and on the new almost zero... I showed this two versions to a RV who was questioning NWT and showed also Rev 22:19 and it was a shock to him seeing the difference...

Thanks, Jer. I haven't quite made it through ALL the archived files of the forum yet. This is VERY interesting and important to know where I live because many people use the KJV. We had just gotten accustomed to the idea that there was an "Old" one and a "New" one. Now we must factor in this "Newer" one. In this case, newer IS better! :bringiton:  

You are talking about the Divine Name King James Bible which came out 2 years ago online and is now available as a hard copy. On their web pages they use our reasons for restoring Jehovah -except in Christian Greek Scriptures -although they admit it should be there.  http://www.dnkjb.net/

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: