JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

You Had One Job, Brother Sound Guy

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3983 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This was at our DC in San Diego (that's us under the blue umbrella) It is safe to say that brother will never run the sound console again! :)

What made it worse is both the English side and the Spanish side use the same music, so he messed us up in two languages!  :lol:

I am so spoiled, we go to indoor Conventions. I don't know how I would be able to do an outdoor one. We did when the kids were little but for the last few years they are always inside.  :huh:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

That was the song before the Public Talk on Sunday ... by then you would think he/they would know how to que the correct song... but then, we are imperfect humans

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I just wonder how he didn't figure out it was the WRONG song - right away!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

What I thought was so nice was we tried to sing and some of us started to sing the song that he chose :) When the right song was played everyone and I mean everyone applauded! Lol

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

• 2 weeks later...

wow. So thats kind of craziness lol, but everyone will remember that for a good long time. LOL And going through 2 full songs even. I would think someone in sound box might have caught that lo. Was the first song anywhere else in convention ?

Think it was 34. That is the number that comes to mind.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

These things do happen and while it makes me laugh, I feel a bit awkward :unsure: about it being highlighted on a public forum like this one. Even if the one making the mistake took it well and wasn't tooooooooooooooooo embarrassed :wub: , it might be a bit depressing for said brother if he ever found out that it was a topic here. Just a thought.

But yes, the strangest things happen when they play the wrong song and everybody tries to sing to the wrong notes. The results can be quite unique :D

<off topic>

Under those canopies, how can the brothers see the dramas?  Just wondering.  We don't have these big awnings at our convention, just umbrellas/parasols which seem less obstructive.

</off topic>

That was funny!  Imperfection strikes again!

I'm afraid if someone opened an umbrella at our convention the Attendants would have asked them to close it or leave - of course ours was indoors and air-conditioned -_-

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

<off topic>

Under those canopies, how can the brothers see the dramas?  Just wondering.  We don't have these big awnings at our convention, just umbrellas/parasols which seem less obstructive.

</off topic>

That was funny!  Imperfection strikes again!

Everybody takes down their canopy's and umbrellas for the dramas and then puts them back up right afterward.