JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2014 WT Library

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3213 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yes, last year yearbooks were in a separate index - now they are under books. The same with "Kingdom News" now under tracts.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

What if you could have the full WT Library CD on your Tablet?

This might be possible now as I have recently been looking at

these new Laptops called "2-in-1" because

1} It is a Laptop

2} The screen is "mobile"!  It detaches and is a complete Tablet!

These run Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 and so if there is a

way to download the WT Library CD on it, then you could

sit at the KH or a park and have the full WT Library with you with no internet needed!

These are also "Touch Screens".

The initial "2-in-1" laptop/tablets I hear have some issues,

but the latest ones work very well but are a little expensive.

Does anyone else know about these and if the WT Library CD can be loaded on these?

Here are a couple of these that I have seen.   

These 2 are now at Best Buy.

Intel Core I3 Touch Screen 2-in-1 Laptop

HP Envy X2 2-in1 Touch Screen

If the WT Library CD can be loaded on these, I would likely try to save for one.

Since we don't know when or if the JW Library App will have the full WT library,

this might be a great option!  :)

I've had the CD on tablet.  I had it in Isilo format.  Works great.  I have it on my phone, too, but I find the display too small.

What if you could have the full WT Library CD on your Tablet?

These run Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1

These are also "Touch Screens".

The initial "2-in-1" laptop/tablets I hear have some issues,

but the latest ones work very well but are a little expensive.

Does anyone else know about these and if the WT Library CD can be loaded on these?

Our secretary has a 10 inch windows tablet running full win 8.1. He has full WT cd on it.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Thanks Brother Peter for telling me about your Secretary having

the full WT Library CD on a Tablet. :)

What a tool for an elder to have, the best Theocratic research tool there is and

you can have it with you anywhere you go, and especially how very helpful and fast if needed in elder meetings!

And how about for an impromptu talk that needs to be given in 10 minutes?

With the WT Library CD at your fingers you could research so fast and then

copy and paste right to Microsoft Word, then

take it right up on stage with you and give your impromptu talk!

:backflip:

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

• 2 weeks later...

I hear we should be getting our WT Library CDs soon.

The rumor is - it looks exactly the same as last year with some exceptions:

1. There are pictures for just the 2014 Watchtowers & Awake!s

2. There are pictures for the new Kingdom book

3. There are pictures , but NOT charts for the 2014 Yearbook.

If any of you get one, can you confirm.

It will be interesting to see when these start arriving at our various kingdom halls.

Is there a link, DL or way to access this yet?

Edited by timpin

The rumor is - it looks exactly the same as last year with some exceptions:

1. There are pictures for just the 2014 Watchtowers & Awake!s

2. There are pictures for the new Kingdom book

3. There are pictures , but NOT charts for the 2014 Yearbook.

Thanks for your post about the WTLIB 2014 having pictures.

What you say about these publications having pictures is true.

Edited by WilliamChew

They should be coming as part of your literature shipment at your hall - soon.

YAY! ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 6 months later...

I decided to make the change a week ago

My biggest problem - no matter what I try, the WTL will show me only squares instead of letters

I guess there are people being able to read that, but I can't ... really :blink:

could you give me more precise information sister Joan ... or anyone else

THANKS MUCH!

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

I decided to make the change a week ago

My biggest problem - no matter what I try, the WTL will show me only squares instead of letters

I guess there are people being able to read that, but I can't ... really :blink:

could you give me more precise information sister Joan ... or anyone else

THANKS MUCH!

On the upper left corner. click on < Library > On the drop down menu, choose < properties >. It will bring up different fonts to choose.

Br. Neil,

I have a Dell Venue 11 Pro and my adult children have Dell Venue 8 Pro tablets. All of these devices are running Win 8.1 and my Venue 11 is running Win 8.1 Pro.  It is a 2-in-1 with keyboard dock so it looks like a laptop.  All of these units have the WT Library on CD-ROM installed.  I used my portable CD/DVD player plugged into the USB port to load them.  I loaded the CD library on a Dell Venue 11 backup unit (only 2 GB Ram and 64 GB Hard Drive.  On that unit I used the USB flash drive approach that Sr. Elizabeth mentioned.  All of these devices work very well with the CD-ROM Library.  As Br. Carlos said, the search feature is the best.  

Since I can still run the old Adobe 11 program, I have loaded more than 50 GB of old theocratic books and magazines on the hard drive (in PDF format).  I can't use the library search for these, but I have almost all of the Society's publications in my hand at every meeting.  Some brothers will come up to me before the meeting and ask me to pull up a person or word in the Library so they can listen to the proper pronunciation. 

On the upper left corner. click on < Library > On the drop down menu, choose < properties >. It will bring up different fonts to choose.

cannot believe it .......    IT WORKS     :ecstatic: :ecstatic:

- after so many hours of installing uninstaling (I thought there would be a problem with wine or play on linux) - such a simple thing ...... now I wonder how is it that I know to turn on the computer   :laugh:  :lol:   or walk on the street .....

thank you so much sister Joan  :notworthy: :notworthy:

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

Br. Neil,

I have a Dell Venue 11 Pro and my adult children have Dell Venue 8 Pro tablets. All of these devices are running Win 8.1 and my Venue 11 is running Win 8.1 Pro.  It is a 2-in-1 with keyboard dock so it looks like a laptop.  All of these units have the WT Library on CD-ROM installed.  I used my portable CD/DVD player plugged into the USB port to load them.  I loaded the CD library on a Dell Venue 11 backup unit (only 2 GB Ram and 64 GB Hard Drive.  On that unit I used the USB flash drive approach that Sr. Elizabeth mentioned.  All of these devices work very well with the CD-ROM Library.  As Br. Carlos said, the search feature is the best.  

Since I can still run the old Adobe 11 program, I have loaded more than 50 GB of old theocratic books and magazines on the hard drive (in PDF format).  I can't use the library search for these, but I have almost all of the Society's publications in my hand at every meeting.  Some brothers will come up to me before the meeting and ask me to pull up a person or word in the Library so they can listen to the proper pronunciation. 

Hi Brother John,

Thanks for telling me about your Dell Venue 11 Pro!

Do you prefer the 2 and 1 Laptop or the Dell Venue tablets?

I ask because I am trying to figure out what would be the best device, for a reasonable price,

to have the mobile WT Library CD.  I like the 2 and 1 Laptops but the good ones are pretty expensive now.

1 Brother mentioned he uses an HTC phone that uses Windows and so the WT Library CD installs on this!

So this would also be nice to have.

So there are different options, but I am not sure which to buy?

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Br. Neil,

Price is a problem.  I like the 2-in-1 very much.  It has replaced my laptop.  I bought my as a "refurbished" unit with a 1 year warranty.  I went with the Intel I-Core 5 and lots of RAM and Big Hard Drive.  When used as a laptop (with keyboard attached) the fan runs loud.  In the tablet mode I can quiet the fan but it still makes some sound.  This is a known effect in the Dell Venue devices.

I bought a simpler Dell Venue 11 (with the Baytrail processor, 2 GB RAM and 64 GB Hard drive).  It has no fan to make noise.  It is slower and does not hold as much, but I bought it for my Pioneer School.  I used it today at my RC and it worked great.  My kids like the 8" Dell Venue 8 pro devices.  I am old and need a little bigger screen for regular computing.  I use a Nook HD+ 9" Android in service.

The only concern with loading the CD-ROM is the space it takes.  To load it takes almost 1 GB and a lot of phones don't have much extra RAM for the JW Library AND the CD-ROM.

I don't know if any of this helps, but the cost is the main hindrance.