Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BLEmom

Full Access Users
  • Posts

    3,109
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

BLEmom's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

  • Well Followed Rare
  • Dedicated
  • Reacting Well
  • Very Popular
  • First Post

Recent Badges

14k

Reputation

  1. Hasn’t there been more and more right wing extremism in quite a number of western countries the last few years? There was recently news about Germany as well. Comparing them to ideology from the Nazi era. Lots of talk about “protecting culture”, kind of a white man supremacy going on. Horrific sex scandals everywhere you turn. It really feels like living in the twilight zone sometimes. I also have wondered at the irony of religion seeming to be on the rise. And it feels we have a few Nebuchadnezzar’s around too….
  2. Shakespeare himself could not have come up with a more ridiculous cast of characters than what we currently see on the world stage. The whole world is a farce.
  3. I watched the UN press briefing from yesterday. The litany of world issues he listed off was incredible but not even everything going on. Right before he left he said, see everyone Friday if we are all still standing. I was like woah….they are worried. He would probably deny he thinks anything catastrophic will happen but they also know all it takes is one nuclear event to kick off the firestorm.
  4. never said it would work. just that it's part of the proposal to slow it all down
  5. correct. that was brought up and is part of the multi step plan presented by the ceo---get china on board specifically.
  6. Are churches being killed? I feel like I have seen a lot more religious fervor in recent years. On social media I follow people for fashion, sourdough etc. A lot of the more homesteader sourdough people tend to be churchy, republicans. The fashion people tend to lean democrat. At least that's how my algorithm is showing up....I never heard either one talk politics until recently. I unfollowed one of the sourdough people because she started sharing stuff from some religious convention in Texas that was for women only. I looked at what the convention was about. It was encouraging the christian woman to get into politics. The female speaker even mentioned that people use the excuse 'Jesus didn't get involved in politics' and then basically said Jesus isn't here and he is giving women a voice to bring the church into government. It was eye opening to see how the evangelical movement justifies what they do. Like I said, it was an IG clip and I unfollowed after that. I was just there for sourdough content. LOL What is weird to me about the religious right is how they are against homosexuality, gay marriage etc, but then you see them wanting to accept 'everybody' into church because 'Jesus loved everyone'. And of course the left has been shoving the alternative lifestyle into everyone's face for years. "If you don't accept me as I am, you hate me". Swaying with the wind, getting their ears tickled differently each day....The left and the right literally just cannot seem to stand each other any more. They are violently opposed. Now it looks like the same thing is happening in Germany. What they call 'radical right' is gaining power which will just cause more deep division. I think it will be fascinating to see what brings both sides together enough to give power to the beast. Lately I've been wondering more about the AI angle because it certainly doesn't seem that it will be social issues.
  7. It seems some are quoting diesel prices and some are quoting gas/petrol prices. There’s a big difference here in the states between the two. Is that the same in other countries? Current average US prices. The$4.31 per gallon for regular gas and $6.20 per gallon for diesel, Regular Gasoline: $4.31 Mid-Grade: $4.81 Premium: $5.20 Diesel: $6.20 E85: $3.29 [1]
  8. A couple ceos have now come out and said they need government to help regulate AI. 😱. The one I saw on CNN was the ceo of Anthropic and evidently there are others who want the same He came up with a several step proposal to slow things down and try to get control before it goes so fast humans can no longer keep up This feels crazy and way more than fear mongering. I mean, he compared regulation needed to how the governments regulate banks and said we need to get it worldwide. Maybe the theory of AI being part of what causes the GT isn’t just theory anymore. What an insane time to be alive!
  9. I heard that it was the speed of progress that is scaring the researchers. Things are advancing so fast that they are already losing control on occasion. AI “breaking loose” and causing havoc on other sites. https://techcrunch.com/2026/08/27/heres-all-the-times-ai-has-gone-rogue-and-hacked-other-companies/ Mankind’s record for keeping control of things isn’t the greatest… There are too many greedy people out there who are willing to use it for their own purposes.
  10. I dropped off my oldest at special Ed preK that morning. Called a friend and she told me the first plane had hit. Went to her house where we watched the second plane hit and then the two buildings collapse live. It was horrifying and yet also felt unreal, like we were watching some sort of apocalyptic movie. She was scared because of living near some massive fuel center so she left and went an hour away to her mother’s house. I had to wait for the school to let out the kids before going home. I stayed glued to the tv for the first two days hoping they would be pulling out survivors. I don’t think I saw one the whole time I watched. I had to stop watching and move on. It still hurts to think about that day. If we have this much emotion tied to this event, I can’t imagine how insane it will feel once the GT starts.
  11. Interesting that the V peace hand symbol is being used. So many of our young people do this in photos. I taught mine not to but I don’t think the majority believe it to be a big deal.
  12. It’s slightly off topic but I agree. I’ve seen AI developers talk about the dangers of AI and yet they continue. There are no safeguards in place. The reason it is still part of this topic is because of the destruction of the ecosystems caused by the data centers. https://www.wri.org/insights/us-data-center-growth-impacts They are rushing towards annihilating themselves. You’d think Satan would still want humans around to worship him but he seems intent on causing as much havoc as possible. In the end it’s no different than any other destructive acts caused by mankind. “Acceptable losses” have been part of war commentary for generations. As if the five people taken out here and there don’t matter. As if even the soldiers themselves don’t matter! It’s all disgusting and it’s got to go.
  13. What happened in Texas? Haven’t seen anything in the news recently and the link didn’t show Texas when I looked.

BLEmom last won the day on February 16 2025

BLEmom had the most liked content!

About BLEmom

Member's Public Information

  • Gender
    Sister
  • First Name
    Dawn
  • Relationship Status
    Married
  • Displayed Location
    Southeast US
  • Publisher
    Yes
  • Baptized
    1991

How I Found the Truth

  • How I found the Truth
    Third generation

Recent Profile Visitors

15,090 profile views

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)