JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

14 year old Aura Adoyo's fight

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2254 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Apparently, St. Anne's Primary School Board (Kenya) did'nt get the memo! They're erroneously adhering to church-sponsored rules and ignoring governmental rules and regulations, so this issue may well be resolved in a court of law.  Note the following successes elsewhere in Africa:

The Democratic Republic of Congo upholds rights of JW children who were expelled from a church sponsored school.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/democratic-republic-of-congo/prohibits-religious-discrimination/

Republic of Rwanda eliminated religious discrimination in that country to bring relief to all JW school children.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/rwanda/counter-religious-discrimination-school/

I'm so glad that there are high officials in authority in these 2 countries that are reasonable and decided to do what's right for all children, regardless of one's faith!

Edited by Omoyeme

Sad story. We pray they win the case in court, and that it results in a big witness too. Can't wait for the time when Babylon the great will be effaced from the earth!!

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

• 2 weeks later...

Small update: http://www.lolwe.tv/news/conflict-religion-education/

Conflict of Religion and Education

9 February 2018

The Ministry of Education has been asked to intervene and help Aura Adoyo of St. Anne’s Primary Ahero register for Kenya Certificate of Primary Education.

The appeal has been made by the pupil and [her] father. The pupil has since been suspended from school due to religious differences.

The pupil now risks

missing registration for this year’s exams whose deadline will be later this month.

According to the girl’s father, the daughter has been suspended twice from school despite the intervention by the area District Officer to readmit the pupil unconditionally.

When we contacted the school’s headteacher and deputy, they declined to talk on the issue.

This school headteacher, and the school itself, will inevitably stand and face the charges that will be brought against them. 

That said, I'll include our little sister in my prayers as well.

May Jehovah bless these courageous children and their parents, standing up against injustice.  One child and her handicapped father are "harassing" the school? Really, they expect us to believe that... this strengthens my resolve to keep up my contribution so the brothers have the resources to fight this in the courts as I'm sure these families do not have the means to take legal action.