JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another 4th of July 💥GONE

Well, Sophie and I left town around 9:30 yesterday. Gotta get her out before the fire off the cannon at 10. 

We went to our usual spot, the Holiday gas station about 4 miles out of town and parked on the shade side. Always bring a cooler and necessities for Sophie and myself for the day.

I knew it was going to be oppressively hot 😎 🔥🔥🔥🔥 

Around noon the sun came around so as usual decided to drive somewhere else.

Okay, brief explanation: my Trailblazer has an issue that has been going on sine the convention. A brother used his diagnostic thingy to find out that the PCM (some kind of control module....computer)

Anyway the battery was dead...so problem increasing. 

By chance some friends after service came and jump my truck to get it started and followed me to their house where it sits.

I took Sophie in her cart for a short walk and went to another brother and sister’s house for a short visit...planned but was a lot longer 😁😁😁😁😁

Anyway the brother was checking on line to see if he could find the part and save me some 💵💵💵💵 cash. Still a work in process.

Plus he gave me the keys 🔑 to his Dodge Ram truck. It was great. Vvvv-rrrroooommmm!

Sorry for the as usual lo-ong book but that was my day.

Fireworks at 11 pm, over at 11:30 and I watched about a thousand cars leaving town. Had to wait about an hour and a half before I felt it was safe to head home.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Just now, Miss Bea said:

Sorry for what you went through...

Every year, I wonder if this will be the last, whatever holiday they are making a fuss over. One day...

Thank you. 

I hope it is. Between Christmas and the 4th....I hope it is.

I would leave town even if I didn’t have Sophie. Maybe not quite so early but I would definitely get out of Dodge. 

Because I had the brother’s truck I didn’t go down the highway from the Holiday to my spot I “camp” out (in my truck) as we don’t hear the booms like at the Holiday. ☹️☹️☹️☹️ So Sophie was just a little scared.

speaking of which some donkey 🦓 hasn’t had enough fireworks 💥 and has set off 3 of very loud booms at 12:40 am. Grrrr! 😡😡😡😡😡

Sophie just ran upstairs. Grrrrr! This is one time I’d love to Box people ears. 

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

Thank you. 

I hope it is. Between Christmas and the 4th....I hope it is.

I would leave town even if I didn’t have Sophie. Maybe not quite so early but I would definitely get out of Dodge. 

Because I had the brother’s truck I didn’t go down the highway from the Holiday to my spot I “camp” out (in my truck) as we don’t hear the booms like at the Holiday. ☹️☹️☹️☹️ So Sophie was just a little scared.

speaking of which some donkey 🦓 hasn’t had enough fireworks 💥 and has set off 3 of very loud booms at 12:40 am. Grrrr! 😡😡😡😡😡

Sophie just ran upstairs. Grrrrr! This is one time I’d love to Box people ears. 

OOPS! It should be 12:40 pm. 

DUH!  Still exhausted from yesterday 😉😉😉😉

My hubby belongs to the local Lion's Club and every year he sells snow cones and cotton candy down at their little 4th of July celebration.

Yesterday morning he said, "It sure would be nice if you would come down and help me at my stand.  But that ain't gonna happen."

I told him, "Yeah.  And it sure would be nice if you came with me to the Convention in Green Bay.  But that ain't gonna happen, either."

^_^  

We live 4 miles out of town and we have the boom booms echo all the way over to our farm, too.

If someone were to climb one of our three silos, they could watch the light show.  But that ain't gonna happen, either. :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

They're looking into replacing fireworks with drones that light up but don't make the same noise if any...think safety was the motive.

17 people just killed by fireworks, 31 injured near Mexico City....

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

In 2016, 11,000 were injured from fireworks, too.

The Fourth of July means fireworks across America and that can mean thousands of injuries and trips to hospital emergency wards.

An estimated 7,600 of the total 11,000 fireworks-related injuries in 2016 were treated in hospital emergency departments during the period between June 18, 2016 and July 18, 2016, according to a report on 2016 by the Consumer Products Safety Commission and its National Electronic Injury Surveillance System.

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2017/06/30/456213.htm

200 injuries per day, in the months surrounding the 4th of July:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I suppose by go out of my way for anything these days that draws a crowd. Except, of coarse, the conventions and in my area a really first rate eclipse last year. Such things are getting progressively less appealing. This year in North America it seems that all the holidays are being overshadowed by rainbow flags. The Fourth of July in my area was no exception with a local fireworks display meant to also ( for no sensible reason) also be about that. Last December the “ rainbow” Christmas tree became a thing here. Every parade seems to require something with a rainbow flag. Even Memorial Day and Veterans Day observances are seeing some degree of rainbow flag intrusion. ( even having rainbow flags raised at veterans hospitals ). The only US holiday that hasn’t yet bowed before the rainbow flag is Halloween. So, for me it is easier than ever to dislike these things.

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

My hubby belongs to the local Lion's Club and every year he sells snow cones and cotton candy down at their little 4th of July celebration.

Yesterday morning he said, "It sure would be nice if you would come down and help me at my stand.  But that ain't gonna happen."

I told him, "Yeah.  And it sure would be nice if you came with me to the Convention in Green Bay.  But that ain't gonna happen, either."

^_^  

We live 4 miles out of town and we have the boom booms echo all the way over to our farm, too.

If someone were to climb one of our three silos, they could watch the light show.  But that ain't gonna happen, either. :D

As usual I love your comeback. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

1 hour ago, Dove said:

17 people just killed by fireworks, 31 injured near Mexico City....

I heard about that. What a shame. 

I had to laugh. I saw a headline that said one man from China was pretty much in charge of all the fireworks in this country. Then it said, “Meet Mr. Ding”. I chuckled and thought, “Sir, we nothing to do with you, Mr. Ding”!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!