JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A new game

dilip kumar

Some beautiful scriptures

Acts 21 : 20 After hearing this, they began to glorify God, but they said to him: “You see, brother, how many thousands of believers there are among the Jews, and they are all zealous for the Law.

Zec 8 : 2 “This is what Jehovah of armies says, ‘I will be zealous for Zion with a great zeal, and with great wrath I will be zealous for her.’”

1 kings 19 : 10 To this he said: “I have been absolutely zealous for Jehovah the God of armies; for the people of Israel have forsaken your covenant, your altars they have torn down, and your prophets they have killed with the sword, and I am the only one left. Now they are seeking to take my life away.” 

Next word :  fingers

(When you will search for this word in the Bible you will enjoy more) 

(2 Samuel 21:20) 20 War broke out yet again at Gath, where there was a man of extraordinary size, with 6 fingers on each hand and 6 toes on each foot, 24 in all; and he too was a descendant of the Rephʹa·im. 

New word:    giant 

The best I could locate is in the footnote for Numbers 13:22:

(Numbers 13:22) . . .When they went up into the Negʹeb, they then came to Heʹbron. Now A·hiʹman, Sheʹshai and Talʹmai, those born of Aʹnak*, were there. Incidentally, Heʹbron had been built seven years before Zoʹan of Egypt.

*** Rbi8 Numbers 13:22 ***
Or, “the giant.” Heb., ha·ʽanaqʹ, with the definite article as in vs 28. “Anak” means “Long-necked,” hence, of tall stature

New Word: window

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

9 hours ago, boodles said:

I can't find this word in the Bible. 

Sorry.  I must have had 'one of those days' and I went back to research where I had gotten the word from and all I can find is W54 2/15 p127.  I must have been reading that QfR and took the word from there.  Again, sorry.  But it was a fun research wasn't it?  LOL  

16 minutes ago, dilip kumar said:

Ok. 

Next word 

Shout... 

OK - is the new word "window" (as was proposed in post #30) or "shout" (as Dilip, the one who started this thread, proposed in post #32) ?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• Psalms (‎36 occurrences)
    • 11 But all those who take refuge in you will rejoice;+

They will always shout joyfully.

You will block approach to them,

And those loving your name will rejoice in you.

We will shout joyfully over your acts of salvation;+

We will lift our banners in the name of our God.+

May Jehovah fulfill all your requests.

• nwtsty Psalms 1:1-150:6 - Study Bible

New word:  NEST 

• 3 weeks later...

Nehemiah 7:3a So I said to them: “The gates of Jerusalem should not be opened until the heat of the day, and while they are standing guard, they should shut the doors and bolt them....

Next word: FOCUS

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"