JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A new game

dilip kumar

Hello all...

I was thinking of a new game in which we will use a word and then connect it to a verse.

On hearing the word, what verse comes to your mind..?

The minimum is two verse.

Maximum is five verses.

I will start with a word and a verse...

Road.

Mth 7:13

13 “Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the Road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it;

After that we all can use any word and see whether we get to "Remember" any verse. If not, then go to the app.. Type in the search button and post the answer.

Any other suggestion is most welcome.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

It would seem to me that, for this to work and be fun, a person should supply a word at the beginning, like Dilip did in the intro - in his case, since he was demonstrating how to pick a verse, he also gave a verse.

Now that we have the direction of how it works, a word should be provided. Then, someone else can offer a verse. After their verse, they would then pick a new word after their verse.

We should clearly identify the word we are offering - like this:

New Word - Chariot

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Acts 8

27 With that he got up and went, and look! an E·thi·oʹpi·an eunuch, a man who had authority under Can·daʹce, queen of the E·thi·oʹpi·ans, and who was in charge of all her treasure. He had gone to Jerusalem to worship,  28 and he was returning and was sitting in his CHARIOT , reading aloud the prophet Isaiah.  29 So

6 hours ago, Qapla said:

It would seem to me that, for this to work and be fun, a person should supply a word at the beginning, like Dilip did in the intro - in his case, since he was demonstrating how to pick a verse, he also gave a verse.

Now that we have the direction of how it works, a word should be provided. Then, someone else can offer a verse. After their verse, they would then pick a new word after their verse.

We should clearly identify the word we are offering - like this:

New Word - Chariot

Second verse for Chariot:

11 As they were walking along, speaking as they walked, suddenly a fiery chariot and fiery horses+ made a separation between the two of them, and E·liʹjah ascended to the heavens* in the windstorm.+

New word: EAGLE

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

(Leviticus 11:13) . . .“‘These are the flying creatures that you are to loathe; they should not be eaten, for they are loathsome: the eagle, the osprey, the black vulture, 

New Word: Sacrifice

3 hours ago, Qapla said:

(Leviticus 11:13) . . .“‘These are the flying creatures that you are to loathe; they should not be eaten, for they are loathsome: the eagle, the osprey, the black vulture, 

New Word: Sacrifice

Matthew 9:13  Go, then, and learn what this means: ‘I want mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came to call, not righteous people, but sinners.”

New Word: End

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Malachi 3:10 "10 Bring the entire tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house; and test me out, please, in this regard,” Jehovah of armies says, “to see whether I will not open to you the floodgates of the heavens and pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.”

New word: hope

Edited by rlyem

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

17 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

What made you to go for eagle?

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

Because right now ... I'm doing nothing in my own strength, but by Jehovahs.

And there's no scriptures about broken butterflies. LOL.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

23 minutes ago, rlyem said:

Malachi 3:10 "10 Bring the entire tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house; and test me out, please, in this regard,” Jehovah of armies says, “to see whether I will not open to you the floodgates of the heavens and pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.”

New word: hope

Hope:

For we were saved in this hope; but hope that is seen is not hope, for when a man sees a thing, does he hope for it?25 But if we hope+ for what we do not see,+ we keep eagerly waiting for it with endurance.+

New word: GARLIC

Had a hard time with this one.  There were so many to choose from.  NOT. 464976646_Nogrinning.gif.f4cc4f4c592ff6fbf3bec6b825c97947.gif

Numbers 11:5 How fondly we remember the fish that we used to eat without cost in Egypt, also the cucumbers, the watermelons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic!

New Word: Sight

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

(2 Chronicles 7:20)   "I will uproot Israel from my land that I have given them, and this house that I have sanctified for my name I will cast out of my sight, and I will make it an object of scorn and a cause for ridicule among all the peoples."

New Word: arrow

That is interesting .... the word was "bow" and I wondered if someone would use it as the device that propels an arrow (bow) or a posture that shows respect (bow) :thumbsup: 

(Esther 7:8) . . .The king returned from the palace garden to the house of the wine banquet and saw that Haʹman had thrown himself on the couch where Esther was. The king exclaimed: “Is he also going to rape the queen in my own house?”. . .

New Word: constellation