JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tablet for personal study & meetings?

However, putting KM in a search engine is not the only keyword that brings up apostate sites.

But it is one of only a few theocratic terms that bring up apostate sites exclusively.

I'm not sure how you know that "every KM download is from an openly apostate site" unless you have searched for it as well

I believe I admitted to doing so.

And in a cursory Google search...

I obviously didn't click any links, but I recognized some names from an unrelated apostate situation, and others were obviously apostate based on the blurb accompanying the link.

I'm not attempting to "counsel" anyone about anything, I just personally feel that it might be unwise to direct our brothers and sisters to view apostate websites. If you feel otherwise, perhaps it's time for a visit with your local elders.

I'm not attempting to "counsel" anyone about anything, I just personally feel that it might be unwise to direct our brothers and sisters to view apostate websites. If you feel otherwise, perhaps it's time for a visit with your local elders.

So now I am in need of a shepherding call because I disagree with that you have admitted to be a personal opinion?With all due respect I'm not sure if anyone was seeking your stamp of approval to search the internet. If you searched the internet just like the sister did and refrained from the "apostate " sites I'm sure others are more than capable of doing the same thing.

Is there anyone on this site directing people to apostate websites? Why would I feel it's unwise not to direct our brother's and sisters to apostate websites? You are being a bit judgmental IMHO.

We can disagree with love ,respect and unity. Ultimately we should want the same thing for our brothers and sisters. We protect each other. I definitely think my local elders would agree with that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I hesitate to join in. Yet, I will say that there is wisdom in both sides. Like the slave uses the Internet to provide a steady supply of nourishing spiritual food, Satan uses it in just the opposite fashion. We need not be deceived by his designs, or those of his agents. Musky and others identified the proper way to get our KMs and this is for our safety. Any cautionary tales voiced could be viewed as confirmation that we need to stick with that source.

The Internet is not a dumpster. But like anything in this world, it has its pros and cons. The slave has put this arrangement in place to keep us away from the cons. When we express patience and follow the chariot, we get exactly what we need at just the right time. Now that this arrangement exists, our sister no longer has to search for her KMs. They are easily obtained by those qualified to distribute them.

OK guys and gals it is time to stop .....take a breath ...go out and talk to someone about how loving and understanding our brothers and sisters are .... and how we never nit pick about words or ideas .... well almost never ... well only when want to  be right and prove a point.... catch my drift ........ :uhhuh:

Let's not die on this mole hill... Christ died for each one of us ... let's extend a little "undeserved kindness" here .... ok....

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

• 4 weeks later...

I am with you. In the past, I would have said android, but having used equipd for the past month - wow! Yes, an iPad is the way to go - even if you have an android phone. Unless the price is too prohibitive. Edit - I must add - IF you are doing more than one language! If you are only doing one - english, an android is WAY cheaper and will give you the same thing - especially with apps like "watchtower library" and JWReader and iSilo.

( I wasn't even around when this thread got started, glad the dust has settled and everyone has had a time to breathe )  ...  

The Best just keeps getting better  -  Equipd 3.1 is available Today!   ...  http://support.equipd.me/entries/62456516-Version-3-1-0-Released  

Edited by timpin

Anyone use Lenovo Yoga?

If so, how is it?

My son has it. Very good! Nice screen and build quality.

But most of all it's the battery with its huge stand-by time that stands out.

It has a peculiar design that may not suit everybody though

Overall, in its price range (less than 200€) it's very good

Lenovo Yoga 10 and Yoga 8 Android Tablets Review: http://youtu.be/3xNtvUgK3-o

Enviado do meu HTC One X através de Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply and the review video. It seems good for the money and I can get a SIM free model in Japan

which would make it cheaper to use.Any bad points that have come up during use by your son?

Just one: you won't find a general cover for it

• 3 months later...

My wife and I have used the the Nexus 7 since its original release.  I find it a good compromise size and weight wise. A larger tablet would be to heavy to hold up. I would be ok with smaller in fact to reduce the weight some more.  Dont get me wrong the Nexus 7 is a lightweight tablet, but my hands start hurting after a while and my wife can no longer hold one up for lng at all, I am holding one up for the both of us.

I used to use a Palm Pilot and then a Palm Tungsten E2 with a 3" screen with iSilo.(PS; I still find iSilo useful for all the publication is can hold in a small space.)  I am considering a Motorola E with a 5.3" screen from Republic Wireless that would be lightweight and also could be a second cell phone. I am wondering if my wife could use a this device better as well. I did not find the 3" screen on the Palms objectionable at all, so if I am not too spoiled, a 5.3" screen could be spacious to me.  After all, with .Epub's you can make the print as large as you need, you just have to scroll a bit more often.

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.