JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tablet for personal study & meetings?

You have to be on-line to install it. Then open it while you are on-line. It will download all the files the first time you open it. Then it will work off-line after that.

Thanks bunches! I see others at the Hall using their device and they have the KM on it. There must be somewhere I can download it for mine, isn't there? Aargh! Too many devices, too many apps!

Ummm...never mind...I just turned off my wifi at tried it again and all seems to be good. Where was my brain at the meeting last night? *blush*

Been there!!! :bouncing: it is good to know I am not the only one  :wave: 

:welcome: to the party

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Please explain if I have an iPad 2 with isilo, why I would want other apps ?

I tried I silo and found it very...clunky or something on my iPad. If you have an iPad I think Equipd outdistances isilo by leaps and bounds. Although it costs, a lot cheaper than isilo, it is worth it. I like the look and feel, loved the new update. Like being able to see News on JW.org if I missed something. Like the recent articles on development in Russia I didn't see when I was on line but it showed up in the News section in Equipd. You can download whatever books you want for offline viewing. As well as links to bible and publications while you are reading articles or the daily text. The new version now has the weeks meeting schedule so you can link to those as well. Sweet!

I use Notability for my magazines and most of the meetings. I copy and paste the scriptures into the articles cuz I like to highlight the scriptures as well. I have Meekspace for some things and I use GoodNotes to study the books, I like the formate of books better there than Notability. I take notes on that as well. I have ezPDF to hold other books like a library. If I need an ePub version, I just use iBooks to view that.

I have an Asus Transformer TF700T, using Android OS and would like to know if anyone out there has found a KM download site that I can use? I see others at the Hall, probably on iPads, and they have their KM's downloaded. I shouild have asked at the meeting but I'm sure some brilliant brother or sister will come to my rescue. Thanks bunches in advance!

Thanks bunches! I see others at the Hall using their device and they have the KM on it. There must be somewhere I can download it for mine, isn't there? Aargh! Too many devices, too many apps!

Only elders and some ministerial servants are able to download it from jw.org. As PDF and epub. You can ask your group overseer for it and he can e-mail it to you.

I know at least one of those KM download sites will subtly alter the text to include apostate views. I don't know the exact source, but I do know that some in a nearby hall were regularly getting PDFs from there and making apostate-laced comments, "quoting from the KM". When the discrepancy as first noticed, the general consensus was that these were "updated", and some started emailing and printing copies for those still using the "old KM".

In the end, what started with one person being impatient ended with several people disfellowshipped, and several more placed under restrictions and removed from privileges.

The slave has given us a provision to get our spiritual food through a trusted source. So if we want to stay spiritually healthy, we should stick closely to the food as given by those appointed to distribute it to us, not rummage through the dumpster of Satan's world for whatever resembles the food we're looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

The slave has given us a provision to get our spiritual food through a trusted source. So if we want to stay spiritually healthy, we should stick closely to the food as given by those appointed to distribute it to us, not rummage through the dumpster of Satan's world for whatever resembles the food we're looking for.

What is considered rummaging through the dumpster of Satan's world? Using the internet?

I used islio for years and it was not an "official "authorized app from The slave. One could argue that peer to peer sharing of files in an internet forum is not sticking "closely" to the provision that the Slave has given us.

Your comment is harsh.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It is all a matter of perspective....

For example one person may go to a foreign land and eat and do everything.. And do this on a regular basis... And never get sick..

The next person lands in a foreign land .. Has a glass of water .. And hours later is in the hospital...

Does that mean that no one should travel .. No ... But the person who got sick will always be a lot more cautious ... Is that a harsh judgement on the dangers of travel.. Depends on what one has experienced ....

From Stavros experience ... The connivence of having digital copies from an untrusted source has come at a very high price...

For most of us that has not been the case.. Because we were cautious .. Or pure chance... If that happened to me or my friends I would too be hyper vigilant.

At times we are all pretty naive as to the potential risks of our sources ..

So the degree of risk is something that all of us have to deal with everyday .. Driving a car .. Taking a pill... Walking down the street.. Downloading a file from an untrusted source...

So to me it is sort of like art work..

Some people will only buy the original..

Some people will buy an authentic copy ..

Some people will buy anything that has the artist name on it .. Forged or authentic ...

The choice and risk is ours....

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Right on.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

It is all a matter of perspective....

For example one person may go to a foreign land and eat and do everything.. And do this on a regular basis... And never get sick..

The next person lands in a foreign land .. Has a glass of water .. And hours later is in the hospital...

Does that mean that no one should travel .. No ... But the person who got sick will always be a lot more cautious ... Is that a harsh judgement on the dangers of travel.. Depends on what one has experienced ....

From Stavros experience ... The connivence of having digital copies from an untrusted source has come at a very high price...

For most of us that has not been the case.. Because we were cautious .. Or pure chance... If that happened to me or my friends I would too be hyper vigilant.

At times we are all pretty naive as to the potential risks of our sources ..

So the degree of risk is something that all of us have to deal with everyday .. Driving a car .. Taking a pill... Walking down the street.. Downloading a file from an untrusted source...

So to me it is sort of like art work..

Some people will only buy the original..

Some people will buy an authentic copy ..

Some people will buy anything that has the artist name on it .. Forged or authentic ...

The choice and risk is ours....

Hello again :)

I understand the cautionary tale.

But We all rummage through "Satan's dumpster" (albiet the google search engine ?) for things. The sister he replied to uses google to find km 's.

That's her prerogative. To imply that doing that is equivalent to rummaging through Satan's dumpster is harsh IMO. It implies ill will. If I knew a" dumpster "belonged to Satan I would not go near it. Although I'm not sure why I would be rummaging through a dumpster in the first place looking for something "clean".

My point is before the apps and expanded JW site -most brothers and sisters searched the internet for theocratic software . How else were you getting programs like islio or other apps made by brothers and sisters?

Nothing is authorized unless the slave authorizes it including the use of this forum.

I agree it's a matter of perspective...that was my overall point. Of course , like with anything, Christians should proceed with caution.

On a side note... Apostates are irritatingly relentless. What do they get out of trolling our literature and changing it?? Smh.

Well I guess would could hang Stavro .. On the edge of town .. Until the buzzards dispose of him...

Lol He is sort of cute .. And our brother.. So maybe not ... Yet... Lol

Or just call it as it is ... One persons perspective ..

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Well I guess would could hang Stavro .. On the edge of town .. Until the buzzards dispose of him...

Lol He is sort of cute .. And our brother.. So maybe not ... Yet... Lol

Or just call it as it is ... One persons perspective ..

Perhaps I'm the one who needs perspective? Lol . I'll put the pitchfork away.

Thanks Brother:)

The slave has no official opinion on theocratic sites or software. As such, it is an entirely personal decision, congregations can choose to pay for services such as KHConf, and individuals can choose to use or abstain from websites such as this one.

The slave specifically asks us to NOT distribute KMs publicly on the internet. And in a cursory Google search, every KM download is from an openly apostate website. So it was not only uploaded against Jehovah's will, but it's being served up from a website owned and operated by some of the closest followers of Satan, his "dumpster".

If you have found a "clean" download site, then it's entirely your decision to download it or not. But given the prevalence of apostate websites when Googling for the KM, I feel it's unwise to direct people to blindly Google it and inevitably end up seeing apostate criticisms of Jehovah's spiritual food.

The slave has no official opinion on theocratic sites or software. As such, it is an entirely personal decision, congregations can choose to pay for services such as KHConf, and individuals can choose to use or abstain from websites such as this one.

The slave specifically asks us to NOT distribute KMs publicly on the internet. And in a cursory Google search, every KM download is from an openly apostate website. So it was not only uploaded against Jehovah's will, but it's being served up from a website owned and operated by some of the closest followers of Satan, his "dumpster".

If you have found a "clean" download site, then it's entirely your decision to download it or not. But given the prevalence of apostate websites when Googling for the KM, I feel it's unwise to direct people to blindly Google it and inevitably end up seeing apostate criticisms of Jehovah's spiritual food.

Perhaps.

I agree wholeheartedly with most of what you said. However, putting KM in a search engine is not the only keyword that brings up apostate sites. I'm not sure how you know that "every KM download is from an openly apostate site" unless you have searched for it as well (And you are now implying that this sister visited an openly apostate site. )

IMO If we are going to "counsel" each other we should season our words and back it up with scriptural reasons or info from the slave.

IMO If we are going to "counsel" each other we should season our words and back it up with scriptural reasons or info from the slave.

I don't see anything with Stavro's post that lacked the appropriate seasoning.   A word to the wise is good for anyone.

And, as for backing up all of our words of wisdom with scripture or info from the slave, sometimes that's hard to do on short notice.  I mean, we all KNOW that kMs are only for publishers and not the public in general.  However, how can we "prove" that with anything in print?  

I don't see anything with Stavro's post that lacked the appropriate seasoning. A word to the wise is good for anyone.

And, as for backing up all of our words of wisdom with scripture or info from the slave, sometimes that's hard to do on short notice. I mean, we all KNOW that kMs are only for publishers and not the public in general. However, how can we "prove" that with anything in print?

I don't understand what you mean... how can we prove what?

I personally appreciate counsel that is given that way. That's the pattern the elders set. There's less of a risk of saying things that others might find offensive. Also, there's less room to actually misconstrue what the Slave actually says. You never know who is reading the comments on this forum. And just because others may not choose to comment to let others know that they were offended doesn't mean that they are not.

That's just my two cents.