JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

October 2nd, 2014 the 100 year anniversary.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3485 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm wondering if the Slave has prepared something special for this occasion.

like a new Bible? :bible2:

not even a 'new' Bible. just Some Bibles :ecstatic:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

100 years is quite some time. Those anointed are really getting up there in age.

Most of them are, but as we know, some aren't, as these references indicate.

Without a doubt, if one of the anointed unrepentantly falls away, Jehovah does call another individual to take his place. (Romans 11:17-22) However, the number of genuine anointed ones who have become unfaithful is likely not large. On the other hand, as time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends. --- italics mine W07 5/1

It seems, however, that not all who have been called to a heavenly hope since the 1930’s are replacements for ones who have fallen away. Jehovah has evidently made sure that we will have anointed Christians among us all through the final days of this system of things until the destruction of “Babylon the Great.” (Rev. 17:5) And we can be confident that the full number of 144,000 members will be completed in Jehovah’s due time and that all will eventually take their place in the Kingdom government. --- italics mine W08 1/15

God put into operation “an administration”—that is, an arrangement for unifying all his intelligent creatures. (Read Ephesians 1:8-10.) This administration will carry out its objective in two stages. The first stage prepares the congregation of anointed ones for life in heaven under Jesus Christ as their spiritual Head.

The second stage prepares those who will dwell in Paradise on earth under Christ’s Messianic Kingdom. The “great crowd” make up the initial part of this group.  Both stages of God’s administration are developing today—heavenly and earthly. --- italics mine W12 7/15

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

Hmmm! I agree, but i can't help but wonder: If a thousand years in our eyes is only a day in Jehovah's eyes, hw about a hundred years?! I guess we got 0.1 day which is 2.4hrs or 144mins...so christ has been rulin just less dan two n half hrs...n to us, a rili lng tym. Anywayz, whr's d cake or biscuits?! I see a hundred yrs...*grins*

Most of them are, but as we know, some aren't, as these references indicate.

Without a doubt, if one of the anointed unrepentantly falls away, Jehovah does call another individual to take his place. (Romans 11:17-22) However, the number of genuine anointed ones who have become unfaithful is likely not large. On the other hand, as time has gone by, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8:16, 17) Thus, it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends. --- italics mine W07 5/1

It seems, however, that not all who have been called to a heavenly hope since the 1930’s are replacements for ones who have fallen away. Jehovah has evidently made sure that we will have anointed Christians among us all through the final days of this system of things until the destruction of “Babylon the Great.” (Rev. 17:5) And we can be confident that the full number of 144,000 members will be completed in Jehovah’s due time and that all will eventually take their place in the Kingdom government. --- italics mine W08 1/15

God put into operation “an administration”—that is, an arrangement for unifying all his intelligent creatures. (Read Ephesians 1:8-10.) This administration will carry out its objective in two stages. The first stage prepares the congregation of anointed ones for life in heaven under Jesus Christ as their spiritual Head.

The second stage prepares those who will dwell in Paradise on earth under Christ’s Messianic Kingdom. The “great crowd” make up the initial part of this group.  Both stages of God’s administration are developing today—heavenly and earthly. --- italics mine W12 7/15

Take their place yes, Not apart of that "Generation". When that generation passes , it passes -- someone from another generation takes their place - it's not the same.

• 1 year later...

I'm a thinkin' in tomorrow it will be  10/5/2014, one year from when I got my RNWT Bible.

I was visiting my sister in Albuquerque, NM USA that weekend. I had to attend the AM there. To make arrangements I had to call the brothers at the nearest KH to my sisters house.

The brothers asked for elder references and proceeded to vet me. I was happy that they did, seeing that they were keeping the house of Jah clean.

Because of the info from JWtalk, I thought the new Bible would be released but I kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to spoil the surprise.  What a surprise it was! Just think a million + Bibles were distributed world wide that weekend!  Jah knows how to surprise us all.

To me this is a wonderful 1 year anniversary.

Edited by crazylee

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)