JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - Impressive and Fantastic!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3903 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The more I explore JW.org, the more I am ecstatic about the excellent job the brothers are doing in maintaining the site, keeping it both current and useful. 

I just found out that for some reason, all my Awake! pdf files that I have collected over the last few years are missing from my hard drive and devices. I have no idea why, but I will assume it in a sync error of some kind.

Anyhow, I just checked out JW.org and all the PDF's dating back to January 2010 are still available to download. I'm so happy I can restore the collection. It's the little things that count.

What are you really digging about JW.org?

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1st, the way they put an abundance of info on our

website, yet it doesn't look cluttered, 

there's something for everyone

also, how the brothers have made it so simple

for people to scan the code on their phone

to watch videos, read & search articles...

they can still get the truth, anonymously.

:)

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

I only see mags back to Sept 2010. I have them myself from July forward. Was hoping to get earlier ones so I could use SumatraPDF to harvest the pictures ( without words overlaid )

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I cant speak of the big stuffs ie the technical part of developing and running and keeping the site updates...dont know deep down how it works(may be some might give a glimplse on this)

so let me speak of the small stuffs(not for importance but small in comparison to tech stuffs..

1:the fact that the site is available in so many languages makes it wonderfull and helpfuly to me and many who might find it easier to browse around-this works not only for interested ones but also for us-jw..we can easily learn a new language of our choice given the materials in the site.

2: I love the new name of the site..jw.org..fantanstic name-simple to memorize even for very young kids..so easily to tell others just go to jw..also it is one stopping centre-every thing is in it-Watchtower Online Library link from the site makes it more lovable...since it maynt easy sometimes to have your WL everywhere bt with this online in the site..smarttttt

Im just thinking the time when the site will be used for live videos something like the Annual meeting..not thinking it should be this way but wish for this.Is this a costly plan?

So far love the site and still exploring the site so hopefully i will share more...

Edited by raq

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)