JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Let me know if you get a group up. You can count me and a couple of others in too if you got room. Would love to see it myself. :-)

Will do. We'll talk about it later in person :-)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Hi Everyone,

Hello Cindy! Your first post! --> :welcome:

I used to go to the Stanley Theatre for our assemblies in New Jersey. I no longer live in New Jersey but in South Carolina.The Stanley is very beautiful, especially when the light are turned down. It looks so nice with the lights on in the buildings...like you are in a small town at night with all the lights aglow at dusk. What else is amazing is when the lights are turned down completely you can see the stars on the ceiling. I remember when the Stanley was being renovated. What a total transformation....from rats in the building and all run down to a glimpse of what we will be doing in the future. I will have to see if I can get some pictures.

I would love to see some pictures. I toured Walkill, Patterson, and Brooklyn in December 2004 but did not have the time to visit the Stanley Theatre. I've been thinking though it's time to plan another trip over there.

If you haven't been to the NY Bethels since 2004, there have been a LOT of changes, so I recommend going if you can, especially Wallkill.

I know I have a bunch of pictures from the Stanley Theater but for the life of me, can't find them. That's what a bunch of moves will do to ya :laugh:.

I also worked on the Stanley Theater when it was being renovated. One of my favorite memories is a bunch of us sisters on scaffolding under the marquee, chipping off paint and singing kingdom songs. Got some strange looks from the people walking around on the street, but we had a ball!!!

I did find this YouTube video that has some nice pictures....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qyTmCyv9d8

Hope you enjoy and if I do find any of my pics I'll post them.

Debbie :-)

BTW, I'm Cindy Arch's sister :-)

Wow! It looks huge and impressive. It must be so awe-inspiring to see in person!

And how neat to know that you are sisters. We warmly welcome you both.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Wow! It looks huge and impressive. It must be so awe-inspiring to see in person!

And how neat to know that you are sisters. We warmly welcome you both.

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's very nice to be here.

The Stanley really is beautiful. I remember our first assembly there I was totally distracted, but you get used to it. They're now having district conventions there as well. Parking must be fun (NOT) on Friday since it's right next to the commuter PATH line into NYC.

thank you, yes fittingly profound for a first post methinks....

reminds me of this (you've probably seen it)

BABYLON THE GREAT HAS FALLEN

absolutely cracks me up everytime - I mean EVERY time...lol ; If every I'm having a bad day i just click

on this and well... what can I say, the sun comes out and I'm giggling in my coffee...

:)

It tells me the video has been removed.

I was just out of major surgery for our District Convention and didn't want the family to miss out on the convention so we organised for the girls to go on the bus the brothers that they had organised for the congregation and they had a great time as seen on their face as they were ready to go at 6am in the morning ,,,,,,

19077=556-P1010342.JPG This was the first time we had been separated for the convention but the brothers had kindly taped the whole convention ( we had 2 conventions on 2 consecutive weekends so we had the previous weekends tape )We watched the same day's programme at home as they did .. so we didn't miss out at home and dinner time was spent talking about the spiritual food we all enjoyed

19077=557-rd2.jpg

19077=558-v-m3.jpg

And this is a pic of me and my parents at this year congregation (sp?) in Vienna. It.was.hot., really hot.

Your doggy is a cutie :)

I can remember going to DC's in an open air stadium in Pittsburgh when I was younger, and sitting all day baking in the sun in a suit. How I hated it! It would get so HOT sometimes.

They are broken down into a series of smaller convention now, and we are indoors with air conditioning now. Much much better :-)

This was the first time we had been separated for the convention but the brothers had kindly taped the whole convention ( we had 2 conventions on 2 consecutive weekends so we had the previous weekends tape )We watched the same day's programme at home as they did .. so we didn't miss out at home and dinner time was spent talking about the spiritual food we all enjoyed

Being able to watch the convention and still talk about it as a family is really cool. We hope everything with the surgery is all fine and dandy now.

The one on the left is Verity. Who is the one on the right?

I can remember going to DC's in an open air stadium in Pittsburgh when I was younger, and sitting all day baking in the sun in a suit. How I hated it! It would get so HOT sometimes.

They are broken down into a series of smaller convention now, and we are indoors with air conditioning now. Much much better :-)

Well, it's an open-air stadium but with a roof, so we're not sitting in direct sunshine, but still it's very hot in July. But it's okay, in Austria we have really good water that you can take from the waterpipe (no need to buy it in bottles in the supermarket), so it's no problem to drink enough - and cool water is the best refreshment there is.

And the word I was looking for is District Convention (Bezirkskongress in german *gg)

Hi John my daughter on the right she is Roisin-Dee is 13yrs old became a UB at 8 and was Baptised at 10 she pioneers nearly every school holidays and just loves Jehovah with all her heart. She has her "teenage " hormonal spats like any other teenage but truly loves Jehovah and we are blessed to have such beautiful children I will publish pic of our son too later and tell a little of his story

This was the first time we had been separated for the convention but the brothers had kindly taped the whole convention ( we had 2 conventions on 2 consecutive weekends so we had the previous weekends tape )We watched the same day's programme at home as they did .. so we didn't miss out at home and dinner time was spent talking about the spiritual food we all enjoyed
Being able to watch the convention and still talk about it as a family is really cool. We hope everything with the surgery is all fine and dandy now. The one on the left is Verity. Who is the one on the right?

19090=559-159=1.jpg

19090=560-162=1.jpg

19090=561-167=1.jpg Sorry for calling you John, my mind playing tricks on me again looked at JR and got John sorry. Ok my 3 children in the truth. Verity-Mai 21yr Roisin-Dee 13yrs and Seth-Eden 10yrs .(my 22y son unfortunately not in the truth) Seth - Eden is on the school but as yet is not a UB he has Aspergers and too many other roblems to mention but is getting there.. He has the bible reading tonight here and is having a little trouble with some of the words but he will do the best he can and the brothers here are fantastic in acknowledging his disabilities and helping him out. I have also added a pic of my parents John and Jeanne they have been serving Jehovah since 1958 I think around there mid 50's both not well but doing well. I Just love the encouragement this site gives to all us bro and sis

Seth-Eden 10yrs.

My look at that red hair :)o

I Just love the encouragement this site gives to all us bro and sis

Me too. It's a scary project. I count on each and everyone here to help keep it on the up and up >:D

we all manage to Colour Coordinate at the assembly's. John and Jeanne (Grandad and Nan) are not included but we usually all end up in different shades, and its good to hear the brothers say wow thats a really close family.

If those pics were taken the same day, Grandad has a purple tie on too :D