JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

I don't see any picture, but in 2009 I went to the International DC with a sister from our KH, in Hawaii. My first trip to Hawaii but also to an International DC. I totally agree if anyone ever gets the chance you must go to an International DC it truely is heart warming not to mention GREAT to see more of Jehovah's creation.

Y/S

Margie

Kingdom Hall of Romania' date=' city Bacau ,2 congregations

18912=542-Sala Regatului Al Martorilor L [/quote'] Nice. We have a family from Romania, just returned from vacation there. From what they said, it was :sunshine: HOT HOT HOT :sunshine: over there.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Just got back froma short break on the Isle of Wight' date=' off the south coast of England, and on the chapel ceiling in Carisbrooke Castle was this:

18951=544-tetra.JPG [/quote'] WOW! How weird to see the Name of God in the middle of all that wrongness! I also saw the Tetragramaton in the black book of the Freemasons that my Uncle had. He's a Freemason, and right there - in the very beginning of their revered black book - was the name of God in it's original Hebrew form.

Just got back froma short break on the Isle of Wight' date=' off the south coast of England, and on the chapel ceiling in Carisbrooke Castle was this: [/quote'] Notice the cross and the crown, signifying the king Jesus Christ. Also, the picture in the center looks like it was based off the same description John gives of his vision in Revelation that was the inspiration for this picture in our Revelation book...

18963=547-jehovah-in-Johns-vision.jpg

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Just got back froma short break on the Isle of Wight, off the south coast of England, and on the chapel ceiling in Carisbrooke Castle was this:

Notice the cross and the crown, signifying the king Jesus Christ.

The chapel was rebuilt as a national memorial to King Charles I, who was imprisoned in the Castle for fourteen months before his execution in 1649, and was reopened in 1904 - so there may be a more secular connection for the cross and crown.

I knew some Romanian - 'thank you', ( pronounced mult'su'mesk, accent on 1st syllable) I used to have a Bible study with a Romanian man and he taught me some things. I have forgotten more than I knew, though! 'God' is Dumnezeu, if I remember correctly, and we were using the Knowledge book - Cunostinta {Kunostintsa).

My wife and I studied with him for a while and he came to the memorial and brought about 12 others with him, but it didn't continue.

We were studying with a Kosovan (in Albanian) and Czechs at the same time! Finally we decided to stick with Czech and had the privilege of a Congregation Book Study group in that language at our Hall - before the government sent them all back home!

Sorry to go off-topic there for a moment - perhaps I should start a new topic on languages!

The chapel was rebuilt as a national memorial to King Charles I, who was imprisoned in the Castle for fourteen months before his execution in 1649, and was reopened in 1904 - so there may be a more secular connection for the cross and crown.

Ahh.... interesting. Being in a chapel, I defaulted to potential religious implications :-)

salut siprian

multumesc for those few words, if i meet a rumanian over here that may be a potential conversation starter?

anyway, i will have to find a picture to post on here..... will have a look around for a nice one.

multumesc again,

la revedere

stuagu

Hi Everyone,

I used to go to the Stanley Theatre for our assemblies in New Jersey. I no longer live in New Jersey but in South Carolina.The Stanley is very beautiful, especially when the light are turned down. It looks so nice with the lights on in the buildings...like you are in a small town at night with all the lights aglow at dusk. What else is amazing is when the lights are turned down completely you can see the stars on the ceiling. I remember when the Stanley was being renovated. What a total transformation....from rats in the building and all run down to a glimpse of what we will be doing in the future. I will have to see if I can get some pictures.

Cindy

Hi Everyone,

Hello Cindy! Your first post! --> :welcome:

I used to go to the Stanley Theatre for our assemblies in New Jersey. I no longer live in New Jersey but in South Carolina.The Stanley is very beautiful, especially when the light are turned down. It looks so nice with the lights on in the buildings...like you are in a small town at night with all the lights aglow at dusk. What else is amazing is when the lights are turned down completely you can see the stars on the ceiling. I remember when the Stanley was being renovated. What a total transformation....from rats in the building and all run down to a glimpse of what we will be doing in the future. I will have to see if I can get some pictures.

I would love to see some pictures. I toured Walkill, Patterson, and Brooklyn in December 2004 but did not have the time to visit the Stanley Theatre. I've been thinking though it's time to plan another trip over there.