JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Study EPUBs have been updated

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3790 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yes, Elders and sometimes Ministerial Servants have access to the KM in PDF format. They all have received direction from the Branch that they can email you a copy if you request one in electronic format.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

check a few posts back where I posted pics of how to do it. but you have to had the pop up's manually. As of now there is no option in Android to have the scriptures in a pop up automatically, not even in epub.

epub in ipad does it but there is no app in Android fully supporting the EPUB 3 specification

Moon+ Reader in Android can do just that, make the scriptures pop up.

Edited by John Doe

Moon+ Reader in Android can do just that, make the scriptures pop up.

You're right! I think this a new feature for Moon Reader. The first time I've seen popup scriptures on Android.

post-2690-0-80280500-1383688280_thumb.jp

Edited by Trey

The iPad version of ezpdf has problems with the 'sticky note' too.  Attempts to change the icon make it crash, trying just to change colour nothing happens.

I have email the developer for support on it.

Edited by bohemian

Yes. Than you choose your pdf's

ysa7yqaq.jpg

Just got my Samsung galaxy note 10.1. I installed ezPDF and downloaded books and magazines PDF"S from jw.org but they do not show on the bookshelf. I selected ezPDF when downloading, what did I do wrong?Note How can I get them to show on the book shelf. 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Just got my Samsung galaxy note 10.1. I installed ezPDF and downloaded books and magazines PDF"S from jw.org but they do not show on the bookshelf. I selected ezPDF when downloading, what did I do wrong?Note How can I get them to show on the book shelf.

open the files one first time (on the section all pdf) and they will show on the bookshelf after that

open the files one first time (on the section all pdf) and they will show on the bookshelf after that

I tried that but no go. I did get a couple to save to sd card by making a change and hitting the back button and a save option come up. after that they did show on the bookshelf.

When I first click on a book the page # selection is at the bottom. after selecting a page how do you get the page # menu to come up?

I tried that but no go. I did get a couple to save to sd card by making a change and hitting the back button and a save option come up. after that they did show on the bookshelf.

When I first click on a book the page # selection is at the bottom. after selecting a page how do you get the page # menu to come up?

Click here and you can select a specific page to go to, or you can just pick on the sliding list

Posted Image

When I open a file it appears immediately on the bookshelf even if exiting right afterwards without doing anything... (I have the paid version though)

You can also have the bookshelf as a widget :

Posted Image

When I have a book open the menu for selecting page numbers disappears after just a few seconds. Once I select a page number, the only way I have been able to get that page number menu back is to go back to the book shelf and re-select the book. Taping in the corner does not bring it up. 

I haven't figured out how to change colors for highlighting or underlining yet either.

If you tap lightly in the center of the page, the menu with all the pages and numbers will open at the bottom. Is that what you are taking about?

It took a little practice but I got it to work, thanks!

Any Idea where the save button in ezPDF is?  If I leave a page after highlighting or underlining I loose everything I did.

It took a little practice but I got it to work, thanks!

Any Idea where the save button in ezPDF is?  If I leave a page after highlighting or underlining I loose everything I did.

Sorry, I haven't played with it much. I did notice however that my underlined articles were automatically saving so I'm not sure what your problem might be. 

I"m still learning EZpdf. I think it's a lot more complicated that Mantano reader. I use epubs and Mantano to study and highlight the WT study article and the CBS brochure.

I just finished underlining tomorrows study. I'll see if it is all there in the morning. Tabs are a little like my smart phone and a little like the computer and I'm not too inept at either but this old dog is learning new tricks after all. :)  

I haven't figured out how to change colors for highlighting or underlining yet either.

When you press on an highlihted portion of text a menu pops up, choose properties and there you change color, transparency, etc... You can do the same cor other objects you place like forms, lines, texts, notes, etc...

I tried EZPub last night and I think it is much harder than Mantano Reader. Think I'll stick with the Mantano Reader. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

It took me forever to do the first 2 paragraphs but then as I caught on to all the features it become much easier. I like correction function, exit the tool you are using and then tap on the mark or highlight in error and the pop up menu gives you the option of deleting. I did a lot of that. It would be nice if there was a mouse over definition of each button instead of trial and error with each. The transparency function it nice and I had to redo a lot of highlighting after I noticed it. Once I get this all figured out I will try the Mantano and epubs.

I don't know what "rooting" means or if it is something I will need to do with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to use Mantano and epubs. Anyone care to give an old dog a heads up on that one?

Both refurbished Tabs are working fine with no problems thus far. I was a little hesitant getting a refurbished product but this has worked out OK, just wished I had waited as they are 50 buck cheaper now at Walmart.

No, you do not need to root to use Mantano reader and epubs. Mantano is available on the Android market (Google play) In fact, you probably will never need to root your tablet for what you use it for. "Rooting" is the same as "Jailbreaking" it just bypasses the manufacture's safeguards and gives you full access to the operating system and lets you install custom "ROMs" which basically are alternate operating systems. I rooted several phones to get WiFi hotspot app, etc. But have found no need to root my tablet.

I would spend the two dollars or so and buy the pro version of Mantano reader, it is well worth it. IMO

No, you do not need to root to use Mantano reader and epubs. Mantano is available on the Android market (Google play) In fact, you probably will never need to root your tablet for what you use it for. "Rooting" is the same as "Jailbreaking" it just bypasses the manufacture's safeguards and gives you full access to the operating system and lets you install custom "ROMs" which basically are alternate operating systems. I rooted several phones to get WiFi hotspot app, etc. But have found no need to root my tablet.

I would spend the two dollars or so and buy the pro version of Mantano reader, it is well worth it. IMO

Does Mantano supports already the popup feature for the links? Moon reader is supporting now but it lacks more editing features

the popup for the links is great but I use the pdf because of the same aspect as the real magazine plus the great pack of editing features of EzPdf - I didn't tried much of Mantano because it is lot more expensive than any other app of the same type... more than 8€ (~$10) at least on my store :o

Sing to Jehovah page #.xlsx.pdf

For those who use ezPDF for the Sing to Jehovah song book this might come in handy. It can take for ever to find the right page number otherwise.

For bring up the page # menu from the bottom I found 3 tiny, barely visible, squares on the right side, center. Click on these and the menu pops up. On the Left side of that menu is a button to pop up a box to type in the page # in lieu of swiping.

Edited by lynn

everyone sure seems to have a hard time of it with android machines!

I love apple!

Songbook in iBooks, bookmark the index pages, voila!

OR, in JW Bible 2013, go to settings, sing, type in the song number and voila!

pdf in Adobe - about as good as ezpdf.

epubs in iBooks - very good, popups are great (2013)