JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Study EPUBs have been updated

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3790 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Unless things have changed, Adobe Reader is just for viewing. There are no markup functions in it.

ezPDF is for Android. It can scroll up and down, or side to side with that 'page flip' animation. You can customize it's behavior to your liking.

Yes...Adobe has updated quite a bit, apparently..:coffee:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Yes it is, that's what I do ;)

And also, excerpts from iSilo or wol, or whatever text you want

First click on the pointed button, then click on the place you want the note to appear, than past what you want i to the box

etapebe3.jpg

After that you can change the note's appearance, size or placement

7utehagy.jpg

Great! Thank you ever so much for updating me in this point. I tried doing it with the wt we are studying this week and yes it worked! You explained it very good!

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

I had do have a question though, in the picture that jayrtom posted and the picture that Bob posted the Task bar at the top of the picture looks to be different, I am guessing that there is a way to toggle between taskbars?

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I had do have a question though, in the picture that jayrtom posted and the picture that Bob posted the Task bar at the top of the picture looks to be different, I am guessing that there is a way to toggle between taskbars?

Yes, there are many variations on how "toolbars" are displayed. My "library" is also different then João's, mine is set as a list, instead of a bookshelf.

The difference is also that my tablet is a 4:3 format (more suited for books) and Bob's is 16:9.... so the page doesn't occupy the entire screen.

But like Chuck said, you can configure lots of things, transparency, size, wich buttons to show, etc... I think it suits every taste

I'm a PDF guy, so it does not matter.

However, those of you who use iBooks on iPad.... do you have a problem with the size of the font that appears in the pop up bubble? I have a brother in my congregation who would love to see the font larger because he cannot read the small letters. He can increase the size of the magazine text, but not for the scriptural references that pop up in iBooks.

They don't pop up for me in Mantano Reader for Android, so I think it is more software specific rather than having anything to do with the ePub file itself. 

It might be Jehovah's direction for him to dump his Apple products and get an Android device :P

Dump Apple, NEVER! Such Sacrilage will never happen.

Dump Apple, NEVER! Such Sacrilage will never happen.

And Satan went on to say "Is it really so God said not to touch the Apple?"

YES! Don't even touch it! :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

The difference is also that my tablet is a 4:3 format (more suited for books) and Bob's is 16:9.... so the page doesn't occupy the entire screen.

But like Chuck said, you can configure lots of things, transparency, size, wich buttons to show, etc... I think it suits every taste

Thanks to both you and Bob for the info. I think mine will be a 16:9. I and a few other's will get it all figured out after getting our gadgets, mine hasn't "shipped" yet and I hope that doesn't mean a slow boat from China and a cheap nock-off at that.

I got the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - anything with an HD display is going to be 16:9 methinks. They just released a 2014 edition with better specs. Being a tech junkie, I would love to get one, but cannot justify it at this time.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I got the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - anything with an HD display is going to be 16:9 methinks. They just released a 2014 edition with better specs. Being a tech junkie, I would love to get one, but cannot justify it at this time.

There are now new tablets with resolutions higher than HD (similar to the retina display of ipad4 and air) using the 4:3 format. It's a matter of taste of course but for our mag's I think this is the best format.

I'm considering for my wife the ipad like archos 97 platinum (aprox £180 on amazon)

One of the 2014 Samsung Galaxy Note's 10.1 models has a duo-quad core processor making it much faster than a quad core but I didn't think it was worth the extra hundred or so for what I am going to use it for.

One of the 2014 Samsung Galaxy Note's 10.1 models has a duo-quad core processor making it much faster than a quad core but I didn't think it was worth the extra hundred or so for what I am going to use it for.

No, that's overkill for any tablet, even for a gamer.

I've been trying ezpdf on iPad and cannot get it to start highlighting at the point where I want. I admit I have a similar problem in Adobe Reader, but the difficulty is greater on ezpdf. Any tips, other than maybe running my finger ends through a pencil sharpener (not my first choice)?

I can do virtually everything else except bookmark with Adobe, so I think that may be the better option for applophiles. I enjoy the text boxes for scriptures, and it makes me look them all up! Colour options are all there and freehand drawing, but no boxes etc.

I would use ezpdf if only it would highlight what I want, not what it wants.

I've been trying ezpdf on iPad and cannot get it to start highlighting at the point where I want. I admit I have a similar problem in Adobe Reader, but the difficulty is greater on ezpdf. Any tips, other than maybe running my finger ends through a pencil sharpener (not my first choice)?

I can do virtually everything else except bookmark with Adobe, so I think that may be the better option for applophiles. I enjoy the text boxes for scriptures, and it makes me look them all up! Colour options are all there and freehand drawing, but no boxes etc.

I would use ezpdf if only it would highlight what I want, not what it wants.

Do you highlight with press and hold or touching the highlight button first? using this later option is easier. you even get a magnifying box to help the text. But if you want to change the highlighted area just press the area and drag the handles to wherever you want
Edited by jayrtom

Do you highlight with press and hold or touching the highlight button first? using this later option is easier. you even get a magnifying box to help the text. But if you want to change the highlighted area just press the area and drag the handles to wherever you want

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to let me drag theh handles, but highlights the whole line. I'll have to keep trying with my fat, chubby fingers!

Regarding a stylus, you might want to check out the Adonit Jot. It has a fine point, like a pen.

Your problem could be the accuracy of the touch sensitivity of the screen. My first tablet was an Asus Transformer Prime. The touch points on the glass were so spread apart that it was impossible to draw a straight line diagonally. The line would appear wavy, and made games like Drawing with Friends a bummer. I ended up returning it to the store and got a Toshiba Excite 10 that was a million times better in accuracy of the touchscreen. It probably had twice the touch sensors in the glass.

You might want to consider zooming in before highlighting. It might help improve accuracy of where you are trying to start.

I have tried again with Adobe and ezpdf but still cannot start the highlight at a particular word.  It either chooses the line, or the nest previous punctuation mark. i.e. If I wanted to highlight the word "love" in the phrase "Jehovah's love is his cardinal quality", it world highlight "'s love".

Not a major catastrostroke, but an annoyance.  I'll keep trying to solve it.

A brother sitting near me in KH today has a 7in Android (tablet) and is using pdf files.  He wanted to know how to get the scriptures to pop up in a box.  As androids are an alien invention, I couldn't help him.  Can you suggest the best option for him?

A brother sitting near me in KH today has a 7in Android (tablet) and is using pdf files. He wanted to know how to get the scriptures to pop up in a box. As androids are an alien invention, I couldn't help him. Can you suggest the best option for him?

check a few posts back where I posted pics of how to do it. but you have to had the pop up's manually. As of now there is no option in Android to have the scriptures in a pop up automatically, not even in epub.

epub in ipad does it but there is no app in Android fully supporting the EPUB 3 specification