JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Man throw's away..Gold to spite wife

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3840 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Earl Ray Jones claims he converted entire life savings into gold and threw it out so wife would get nothing in divorce News.com.au.htmEarl Ray Jones claims he converted entire life savings into gold and threw it out so wife would get nothing in divorce

Earl Ray Jones claims he converted entire life savings into gold and threw it out so wife would get nothing in divorce

• OCTOBER 30, 2013
359669-ef1364fe-407e-11e3-8139-2fc28a7ac

A man converted his savings into gold and threw it away so his wife couldn't have it. Picture: AP Source: AP

THERE are bitter divorce stories and then there are the ones made of pure gold, literally.

An angry husband reportedly turned his entire life savings into gold bars and threw them out just so he could avoid paying his wife any money in their divorce settlement.

American Earl Ray Jones claims he converted $500,000 into gold bars and threw them in the bin behind a Colorado Springs hotel.

Jones told his lawyer he raided the couple's entire retirement and savings accounts and purchased 10kg worth of gold, the Colorado Springs Gazette reported.

The 52-year-old first claimed at a June divorce hearing that he literally threw their money away when a magistrate ordered he pay his estranged wife $3000 a month.

In a sworn deposition in July, he said he threw the mix of coins and gold bars into bins behind a hotel after bank tellers wouldn't let him withdraw the money in cash.

However there is no trace of the gold being dumped, though records show he did purchase precious metals with his savings.

And while there is yet no trace of the gold, if it was dumped in the bin he claimed it will go to landfill nearby.

Crazy Guy...

Edited by surfergirl

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

A few years ago out in Keromeos, BC, Canada -2 pioneer sisters needed a car. This lady was selling one. They paid $100 for it -sold it and both got cars with lots of money left over. It was the lady's husband's car - in her name to avoid what ever, and they were getting a divorce. It was a Porche :scooter::pray: . Jehovah's hand is not short.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

If this is true, how sad. This guy has that marvelous voice, and is older. They say, "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned". Well, Mr. James Earl Ray is giving us lessons on just what a man may be capable of. Whatever the case, sad. Sad. Sad.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

article quote:

"However there is no trace of the gold being dumped, though records show he did purchase precious metals with his savings."

People are stupid, but not that stupid! If the gold hasn't been found yet, he hid it. Time will most likely tell.

Divorces can be a money-making financial security for lawyers.  The ones that really only suffer at the end are the children, if there are any.  Either way (with or without children) when it's all said and done, the lawyer WILL always come out financially ahead. It's always best to use rationale and attempt to work things out between the parties - yet, that is an effort that most often cannot be met with prudence.  Be it as it may, that makes for richer lawyers and more disastrous, emotionally draining people which circumstances can have a direct impact and produce severe psychological problems among those involved.  Why can't we just all get along?!      

Edited by Mei

Yup it is. Bye the way at time of me typing this on my tablet I noticed you posting rating was 666. Is that significant?

Lol ... well spotted, yes it is significant. It means my next post will be 667.  Wow I'm posted over six hundered times, do I get a cookie?   Still, how appropriate for a post on the misery and Madness of divorce. 

ps: someone refered to James EARL Jones the American actor with the beautiful speaking voice, I don't think its him is it?

Edited by sunshine